Cavendish has left..

Comments

• DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    I'm calling for InsideInfo to resign or at least be more transparent.
    You mean OPQS aren't riding in Orange next year?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Graeme_S wrote:
    People on Twitter already linking this to this morning's announcement from Sky and suggesting that he's leaving because he doesn't want to sign the anti-doping pledge FFS :(

He only rides for teams with dodgy doctors on the books.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited October 2012
    Graeme_S wrote:
    People on Twitter already linking this to this morning's announcement from Sky and suggesting that he's leaving because he doesn't want to sign the anti-doping pledge FFS :(

That truly is woeful.

But...perhaps predictable from some non-cycling fans who dont know owt about Cav's ethics, that this has been on the cards for weeks - joining the dots in a very wavy line...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,180
    When are OPQS launching their new orange and white kit then? Surely the tea girl at The Times wouldn't have got that part of the 'scoop' wrong would she??
  • Turfle wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

He only rides for teams with dodgy doctors on the books.

Oh, jesus, yes :(
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Graeme_S wrote:

This is why I think i'm going to give up on twitter, or at least have a big purge on who I follow.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Graeme_S wrote:

This is why I think i'm going to give up on twitter, or at least have a big purge on who I follow.

Don't leave meeeeeee :(
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Graeme_S wrote:

!! :lol::lol: !!

Well, he has referred to Armstrong as his friend several times and is sponsored by Nike and Oakley, so...
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    It wasn't people I follow. It was people who were replying to the Sky Sports News tweet. They clearly know very little about cycling and hadn't been following this story.
  • Graeme_S wrote:

Nevermind that, I think we're all waiting for InsideInfo's riposte/defence......
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Turfle
    I just hope insideinfo's friend wasn't given false information as a way of outing her as a mole. It's really the only explanation though.
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Graeme_S wrote:

That truly is woeful.

Sky's PR people are woeful...
  • graeme_s-2
    Guardian Sport reporting it on Twitter now too (and the first reply is someone questioning the timing in reference to Sky's statement this morning)

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/stat ... 8907954176
  • bipedal wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

That truly is woeful.

Eh? Generally yes, but in relation to Cav going...announcements are usually made when all parties - ex-team, new team and rider - are ready to rock
  • Graeme_S wrote:

Nevermind that, I think we're all waiting for InsideInfo's riposte/defence......

Maybe OPQS are changing their team strip for next year?
  • Turfle
    And no mention of Eisel going with him.
  • bipedal
    bipedal wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

That truly is woeful.

Sorry? Generally yes, but in relation to Cav going, announcements are usually made when all parties - ex-team, new team and rider - are ready to rock

Hmm yes, sorry, not my most erudite contribution! I guess I meant that the obvious consequence of Sky's kneekerk policy is that anyone leaving from now on will be called a doper who didn't want to sign on... irrespective of the stupidity of having the signed pledge, it would have made sense to announce it a the beginning of the season once all the moves had been completed... by responding to the rolling news Sky's PR people are making a bad situation worse
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Turfle wrote:

We already knew Eisel was staying though didn't we?
  • Turfle
    Turfle wrote:

We already knew Eisel was staying though didn't we?

Pretty much.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    *abandon thread*
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • bipedal wrote:
    bipedal wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

That truly is woeful.

Sorry? Generally yes, but in relation to Cav going, announcements are usually made when all parties - ex-team, new team and rider - are ready to rock

Hmm yes, sorry, not my most erudite contribution! I guess I meant that the obvious consequence of Sky's kneekerk policy is that anyone leaving from now on will be called a doper who didn't want to sign on... irrespective of the stupidity of having the signed pledge, it would have made sense to announce it a the beginning of the season once all the moves had been completed... by responding to the rolling news Sky's PR people are making a bad situation worse

That would be totally unrealistic to save it up for Jan. Totally impossible as team camps get underway very soon and his 1) absence at Sky camps, and 2) appearance at OPQS ones would be obvious immediately - especially with the trend wave photos, send tweets and post and videos of camps all over the place...not forgetting swearing everyone in the universe to secrecy
  • graeme_s-2
    FFS - look at the comments on that yahoo article :(
  • bipedal
    bipedal wrote:
    bipedal wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

That truly is woeful.

That would be totally unrealistic to save it up for Jan. Totally impossible as team camps get underway very soon and his 1) absence at Sky camps, and 2) appearance at OPQS ones would be obvious immediately - especially with the trend wave photos, send tweets and post and videos of camps all over the place...not forgetting swearing everyone in the universe to secrecy

I meant that they should have announced the "I've never knowingly doped" pledge in January because announcing it now has the inevitable effect that people leaving are seen as trying to avoid it
  • I've just been on the phone to my contact and told her she knows f*ck all the dizzy tw@t.

Sorry guys. :oops:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    I think some ground rules need to be sorted in case Insideinfo turns out to be right on along. In such an event I propose that he/she should be allowed to say 'I told you so' and abuse people on this thread as much as he/she likes for a 24 hour period, after which it shall never be mentioned again.
    Fair game. If he is wrong the mods can check his email, cross reference with the emails of existing members, and let us know who created the dupe account.

Mods?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • graeme_s-2
    Insideinfo wrote:
    I've just been on the phone to my contact and told her she knows f*ck all the dizzy tw@t.

:D.

I've certainly enjoyed the thread, and it always seemed like you meant well rather than being a deliberate troll! :mrgreen:
  • RichN95 wrote:
    I think some ground rules need to be sorted in case Insideinfo turns out to be right on along. In such an event I propose that he/she should be allowed to say 'I told you so' and abuse people on this thread as much as he/she likes for a 24 hour period, after which it shall never be mentioned again.
    Fair game. If he is wrong the mods can check his email, cross reference with the emails of existing members, and let us know who created the dupe account.

Mods?

Seriously mate, its a forum, not a prison. Chill out :roll:
  • Graeme_S wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:
    I've just been on the phone to my contact and told her she knows f*ck all the dizzy tw@t.

:D.

I've certainly enjoyed the thread, and it always seemed like you meant well rather than being a deliberate troll! :mrgreen:

Seriously i did, im as gutted as you lot. I even gave her the 3rd degree when she said about 'orange and white kit' i asked her several times, are you sure? really?, really, really sure? and she swore blind, but as i said a few pages back, for all i know shes got the bloody colours wrong. Turns out she did!

One things for sure, she wont be getting a Christmas Card from me! :lol:
  • Cheers to insideinfo for turning up to cop to his mistake

Jeers to those wanting to sanction him for being wrong. Taking it all too seriously.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent