Cavendish has left..

Insideinfo
Insideinfo Posts: 107
edited October 2012 in Pro race
And is going to Rabobank. I've got it on good authority (friend works for them)

Comments

• thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    BHfYi.gif
  • Routier
    Routier Posts: 94
    Insideinfo wrote:

Hmm...
  • Routier wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:

Hmm...

+1
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Renshaw is there..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Doobz wrote:
    Renshaw is there..

and so are Gesink, Mollema and ten Dam. Think Cav's likely to go from the frying plan into the fire?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    No way Cav is going to the shittest PT team
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    Wow, another Cav rumour thread dressed up as fact :shock:
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    My grandad used to work for Rabobank... so there!
  • No way Cav is going to the shittest PT team

What, FDJ?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Anyone remember the early days of Eurosport when that awful commentator Russell Williams called them ROBObank ???? cant see Specialized allowing him to ride on a Giant bike ?? He's going to Omega Pharma QS,
  • My friend used to work for Banesto (Bank on a money desk in London) but never told me about any drug taking.
    'fool'
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Rabobank's roster is full. Good first post though!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    Disappointed the OP didn't put FACT at the end of his post. Doesn't he know anything about internet protocol?
  • He is going on holiday probably...

not sure about Rabobank.
  • Insideinfo wrote:

ThomYorkTumblr-081012-14.gif
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Insideinfo wrote:

I believe it's to Saxo Bank to be Bertie's lead out man on the climbs. I've got it on good authority, (I went to Legoland in Denmark in 2009)
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Insideinfo wrote:

I believe it's to Saxo Bank to be Bertie's lead out man on the climbs. I've got it on good authority, (I went to Legoland in Denmark in 2009)

That made me laugh. Thanks!

I think he's going to Saxobank too. Why? Because out on a long run on Sunday morning as usual, four nippy blokes in Saxo kit overtook me. Then one of them turned around saying out loud that he didn't want to do the next climb, and quit (whatever it was they were doing). That must have been him, right?

Arrangement on the road @ that point: my biking buddy, 3 Saxo bank nippy guys, me, 1 Saxo bank bloke without a leadout train, who quit.

:wink:
  • Ha ha..i expected that response, got to say i laughed myself but heres the link. Best mates girlfriend is a junior sports journo at The Times. I asked him to ask her if she had any info on Cav leaving. About a week later i saw her, asked again and she said hes leaving for sure and she had heard he WASNT going to the team everyone thinks he is and is off to a team with orange and white shirts? She queried the shirt colour as she didnt know about cycling teams. That was it.

I then thought it cant be Eskudel or whatever they are so can only leave Rabobank.

Dont shoot the messenger, im just saying lads.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Insideinfo wrote:
    Ha ha..i expected that response, got to say i laughed myself but heres the link. Best mates girlfriend is a junior sports journo at The Times. I asked him to ask her if she had any info on Cav leaving. About a week later i saw her, asked again and she said hes leaving for sure and she had heard he WASNT going to the team everyone thinks he is and is off to a team with orange and white shirts? She queried the shirt colour as she didnt know about cycling teams. That was it.

I then thought it cant be Eskudel or whatever they are so can only leave Rabobank.

Dont shoot the messenger, im just saying lads.

So she knows the colour of the kit but not the team name? A bit odd. Maybe he is going to Blackpool FC?
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Haha! Nice username too...

FWIW my best mates dads cousins sons girlfriend reckons he is going to Omega QS.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I wanted to write something funny too but then imagine the embarassment if Cav did end up at Rabo...

Come on guys, he's only having his two pennies worth - leave the newbie alone, without hearsay and speculation this place would be boring!

Having a full roster counts for nothing, ask Vino...
  • durhamwasp wrote:
    FWIW my best mates dads cousins sons girlfriend reckons he is going to Omega QS.

Well, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard Peta at 31 Flavors last night say he is going to Orica Greenedge.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I wanted to write something funny too but then imagine the embarassment if Cav did end up at Rabo...

Come on guys, he's only having his two pennies worth - leave the newbie alone, without hearsay and speculation this place would be boring!

Having a full roster counts for nothing, ask Vino...

May well be true, I just thought it's a wind up :-)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Maybe he's decided to call it a day with cycling. And his only other previous work experience was as a cashier in Barclays. He's going to be at a Rabo branch in Rotterdam handing out the Euros. He's hoping make it to assistant shift manager by 2016 or Peta's going to have to get her baps out again.

Either that or he'll end up where everyone knows he's going. Even King Tom has given his public assent.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    aspender wrote:
    Well, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard Peta at 31 Flavors last night say he is going to Orica Greenedge.

Off topic, but at the weekend I found out that someone I play hockey with went to school with, and is still friends with Chris Froome's big brother. He had no gossip to impart.
  • Christ you come on here to tell people what youve heard and all you get is grief! wish i hadnt bothered, but just thought you guys would be interested.

Christ i dont care if he goes to Endura, i was just passing on ive heard. Even the rumours of him going to Omega are just rumours, no one has 100% proof hes going there.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Insideinfo wrote:
    Christ you come on here to tell people what youve heard and all you get is grief!

And welcome to the world of internet forums...
  • RichN95.
    Insideinfo wrote:
    Christ you come on here to tell people what youve heard and all you get is grief! wish i hadnt bothered, but just thought you guys would be interested.

Christ i dont care if he goes to Endura, i was just passing on ive heard. Even the rumours of him going to Omega are just rumours, no one has 100% proof hes going there.

As mroli says, that's the internet forums for you. Your problem was it was your first post, you started a new thread for it and stated a 'friend of a friend' rumour with certainty - despite it going against what everyone else thinks is going to happen. In such circumstances, you're going to be shot at.

On the upside, if you turn out to be right, you can say 'I told you so' with more grandeur and panache than anyone in the history of this forum.