Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Comments

• I've got to agree. Their level of communication with me has been superb. I'm just into them to try and get my (now built) bike here either today or tomorrow, but that's dependent on Royal Mail (cue Lee Evans style booming "PARCELFORCE") pulling their finger out of their collective ar5es and moving the damn box 70 miles. It might be quicker if I go and collect it myself, but I want to go to the gym today.

Don't even get me started on the Royal Mail.
  • I only live 2mls away from Ribble's outlet....so I order on line and collect...do ya know it takes them almost 2hrs before I can collect my order...that's just not good enough... and I've been dealing with them for over 35yrs :x
  • I only live 2mls away from Ribble's outlet....so I order on line and collect...do ya know it takes them almost 2hrs before I can collect my order...that's just not good enough... and I've been dealing with them for over 35yrs :x

Careful!! You'll get accused of being one of my schizoid alter ego's!
  • I placed a bike order on the 11th September, I've only JUST had an email saying the bike build is due to be started on the 15th October! Realistically won't receive for at least a week after that date. That's over 40 days, and no apology other than an email saying 'we're busy' :roll:

Advice to anyone thinking ordering a Ribble: Don't, or give them a few months to get their act together. Companies like this shouldn't be so busy, they should be out of business! Appalling service for me so far.
  • As i said on page 1.

Ribble are sh*te.
    :D
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Sentral wrote:
    Companies like this shouldn't be so busy, they should be out of business!
    Quite right, they'd get a lot more customers if they weren't so busy... :roll:
  • Sentral wrote:
    I placed a bike order on the 11th September, I've only JUST had an email saying the bike build is due to be started on the 15th October! Realistically won't receive for at least a week after that date. That's over 40 days, and no apology other than an email saying 'we're busy' :roll:

Advice to anyone thinking ordering a Ribble: Don't, or give them a few months to get their act together. Companies like this shouldn't be so busy, they should be out of business! Appalling service for me so far.

at any point in those 40 days did you phone them to ask what was happening with it? You can understand them being busy, the olympics, tdf and the summer is always a push for more people spending money or getting into the sport.

they've been fantastic with me, been using them for about 10 years, now only use ribble and chain reaction. literally never had a problem with them, always cheap, always have a discount code floating about, always get what i ordered within a 2/3 days if its in stock, and good notification if its not.
  • Placed an order on Wed morning with Ribble. It was dispatched yesterday and arrived today. THIS IS A FUXKING DISGRACE!!!

Why has this thread not been locked?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Why has this thread not been locked?

+1
    I think we've all had enough of this.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Just because some people have never had an issue with Ribble doesn't mean they don't make regular mistakes, you've just been lucky.

I've never had an issue with buying parts etc, but the one bike I have bought from them I wasn't very impressed with their service. I was waiting weeks for mine to be built and wondered what the delay was, ended up emailing them as it was well beyond their build time estimates.

The whole bike was being held up because the wheels were discontinued and they only then asked me what I wanted to replace them with because "I" contacted them, heaven knows how long it would have took them to get round to contacting me.
  • Why has this thread not been locked?
    Grill wrote:
    +1 I think we've all had enough of this.

What I don't understand is if you've had enough of this thread then why are you going to the bother of clicking on it? It's quite simple. Ingore the thread! Obviously there are people who still have an opinion on Ribble!
    Sentral wrote:
    I placed a bike order on the 11th September, I've only JUST had an email saying the bike build is due to be started on the 15th October! Realistically won't receive for at least a week after that date. That's over 40 days, and no apology other than an email saying 'we're busy' :roll:

lakeland wrote:
    The whole bike was being held up because the wheels were discontinued and they only then asked me what I wanted to replace them with because "I" contacted them, heaven knows how long it would have took them to get round to contacting me.
    This is exactly what is wrong with Ribble. Piss poor communication. I reckon you'd still be waiting for them to make the first move if you hadn't contacted them. After all, they have their money so why should they care?
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    bustacapp, why do you get so up set, if people disagree with you .

just because someone wants this thread stopped because it now just repeating itself. does not mean you need to go off on one and say they should just ingore it. why should they, its a forum, it full of loads diferent views.

the only time i have seen this view expressed is by a well known troll. are you related?
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • exlaser wrote:
    bustacapp, why do you get so up set, if people disagree with you .

just because someone wants this thread stopped because it now just repeating itself. does not mean you need to go off on one and say they should just ingore it. why should they, its a forum, it full of loads diferent views.

the only time i have seen this view expressed is by a well known troll. are you related?

lol - I'm 'going off on one' because I merely told you not to post in the thread if it annoys you?

frabz-I-aint-even-mad-BRO-ea820b.jpg

I think the one who is actually upset, is you.
    f574b_ORIG-189a5_ORIG_someonesmad.jpg
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    From trolling to flaming. Wel dun.
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Long live Ribble (Never knowingly under upsetting people) :D:D
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    bustacapp.
    now we all know who you are!
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • exlaser wrote:
    bustacapp.
    now we all know who you are!

?????

please enlighten me!!

Looking forward to 14 pages! :D
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Bit of roid rage
  • Paul E wrote:
    Bit of roid rage

from who?
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    Would you believe I recieved a promotional email from Ribble today? Talk about a brass neck!!
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Would you believe I recieved a promotional email from Ribble today? Talk about a brass neck!!

WAC for subscribing I suppose.
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    14 pages.

:)
  • bluedog99
    bluedog99 Posts: 183
    Not for me, ordered a pair of pedals last Friday. Got them on Monday lunchtime, Great price and free post, can`t fault em.
    Rourke 853 Team Pro Custom.
  • BIG YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Bustacapp wrote:
    14 pages.

:)
    Of Sh*te.
  • Anyone ever had there Ribble order get lost in the post , how were they dealing with it and how long did you have to wait until a replacement or refund was given ?
  • Anyone ever had there Ribble order get lost in the post , how were they dealing with it and how long did you have to wait until a replacement or refund was given ?
    Happened to me. I ordered 10 gels and by mistake they sent 1. I was going to ride a stage race and they arrived 2 days before. I called them up to tell them this had happened and they apologised and sent me the other 9 next day delivery only they didnt turn up next day, so I phoned them and explained this and the girl asked me if I was willing to wait for them and I pointed out I would normally have given them a couple of days but was off that evening to my race so she refunded the money for all 10 back to my card and I picked some gels up from a shop on way to my race. The gels turned up while I was away and I emailed ribble to let them know and they said I could keep them as it was more hassle for me to send them back to them.

I can understand the problems of Bustacrapp with trying to contact Ribble as I have had this myself but to be fair I read the lead time stated on any site I order from and as it states 2-4 working days for standard delivery I would not bother trying to contact them until the 5th day and his stuff arrived my then so I don't really see his problem (well apart from being an impatient, trigger happy kid) I am guessing kid by the tone of his posts and the fact he has only just learnt how to correctly fit a bike tyre.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I find them fast & actually more reliable than wiggle
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Matt_as wrote:
    Anyone ever had there Ribble order get lost in the post , how were they dealing with it and how long did you have to wait until a replacement or refund was given ?
    Happened to me. I ordered 10 gels and by mistake they sent 1. I was going to ride a stage race and they arrived 2 days before. I called them up to tell them this had happened and they apologised and sent me the other 9 next day delivery only they didnt turn up next day, so I phoned them and explained this and the girl asked me if I was willing to wait for them and I pointed out I would normally have given them a couple of days but was off that evening to my race so she refunded the money for all 10 back to my card and I picked some gels up from a shop on way to my race. The gels turned up while I was away and I emailed ribble to let them know and they said I could keep them as it was more hassle for me to send them back to them.

I can understand the problems of Bustacrapp with trying to contact Ribble as I have had this myself but to be fair I read the lead time stated on any site I order from and as it states 2-4 working days for standard delivery I would not bother trying to contact them until the 5th day and his stuff arrived my then so I don't really see his problem (well apart from being an impatient, trigger happy kid) I am guessing kid by the tone of his posts and the fact he has only just learnt how to correctly fit a bike tyre.

Harsh.... :lol::lol:
  • Matt_as wrote:

How dare you. I used to fix punctures as a kid all the time. However it's been a long time and I've never attempted a road bike fix at the side of the road without tyre levers before. Hence the practice. How about you take your late-arriving gels and shove them up your balloon-knot you condescending lump of pig vomit!