Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    This big long thread for SPD Pedals???!?!?!

*Insert face palm here*
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:
    smidsy wrote:
    So you got the stuff then ;-)

Aye. Came today in the post. ;)

So about five working days then? Was it really worth all the hissy fitting?

How many times!!!!!!! The poor delivery time is no longer the point.

The point is you cannot interact with them as they stop answering calls and don't answer emails.

To the guy who said wiggle don't accept calls - they do say they will deal with emails. To me that is interaction. You could cancel or modify your order if you wanted. With Ribble it has proven impossible for me to do so.
  • Navrig wrote:
    So what's worse, offering a number but not answering or stating that you can't call them?

In my experience, a lot of customers sh!t themselves if no one picks up the phone. I suppose a fair number of businesses have gone bump in recent years and if a company you've paid a sizable chunk of money to goes incommunicado it would be worrying.

Rob
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:
    smidsy wrote:
    So you got the stuff then ;-)

Aye. Came today in the post. ;)

So about five working days then? Was it really worth all the hissy fitting?

How many times!!!!!!! The poor delivery time is no longer the point.

We are still posting in a thread entitled 'Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?'. If you kept your blood pressure under a bit more control you might have not bothered posting at all and just waited for the pedals to turn up. But do carry on. Most of the rest of us are just finding it all pretty funny. We've missed Speedking so you and your pretend friend are a small consolation.

PS - hope the pedals are OK!
    Ber Nard wrote:
    Navrig wrote:
    So what's worse, offering a number but not answering or stating that you can't call them?

In my experience, a lot of customers sh!t themselves if no one picks up the phone. I suppose a fair number of businesses have gone bump in recent years and if a company you've paid a sizable chunk of money to goes incommunicado it would be worrying.

Rob

Obvious solution to that one is just pay by credit card. Then you are covered.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    rozzer32 wrote:
    This big long thread for SPD Pedals???!?!?!

*Insert face palm here*

BikeRadar hysteria never ceases to amaze me. :lol: 8 pages... :shock:
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Ber Nard wrote:
    Navrig wrote:

Rob

True, but not everyone thinks like that: Viz. this thread.

Rob
  • Feel unpatriotic for saying this, but bike-discount.de or bike24.de are cheap as well as fast, and have excellent communication.
  • Ber Nard wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Ber Nard wrote:
    Navrig wrote:

Rob

True, but not everyone thinks like that: Viz. this thread.

Rob

Not everyone has a credit card. Me included.
  • Feel unpatriotic for saying this, but bike-discount.de or bike24.de are cheap as well as fast, and have excellent communication.

Was gonna go with bike-discount.de as they were cheaper but thought they might be slow & hard to contact.

How ironic!
  • I think I've worked out why I keep coming back to this thread. It's because essentially, bustacapp's trials and tribulations mirror those of the hero's journey; the basis of many legends; in which the hero sets out on a seemingly impossible quest, experiences challenges which test his qualities to their limits and finally, despite many setbacks, achieves his goal.

Bustacapp's mighty David versus Goliath battle with the evil Ribble empire fits this model perfectly. It's Bruce Willis in Die hard, it's Luke Skywalker versus the death star. In the end though, the hero always wins, the death star is destroyed, the pedals arrive in the post. And we've had hours of free entertainment so everybody wins. Be aware though that Bustacapp has not slain the evil Ribble dragon- will he dare to do battle again or will he just click on 'next day delivery' ? I can't wait.
  • Yesssss. 9 pages!!
  • Just to keep you all updated, as I know you all miss me.

Update on my ribble bike order: Nothing

Still, it's only been 4 weeks, I apparently should be happy with that considering I'm only paying them £1400

So to cut to the chase on answering the initial question of the forum: Yes, they are.
  • srayment wrote:
    Just to keep you all updated, as I know you all miss me.

Update on my ribble bike order: Nothing

Still, it's only been 4 weeks, I apparently should be happy with that considering I'm only paying them £1400

So to cut to the chase on answering the initial question of the forum: Yes, they are.

My god they should be put into liquidation!! I assume you've paid via debit and can't cancel??
  • I haven't had time to research an alternative yet, so I'll stick with it for the fun until Monday on the off chance this fine company will start taking calls again. It's on a credit card and they haven't debited yet, so I'm covered anyway.

Looking at the company accounts, they have £6m in stock - not sure why they can't fulfill orders! The bank account has £3m in too - surely they can spare a few grand on someone to take phone calls/send email updates out on order progress? Or maybe that would be too much to expect?
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    Why do you keep replying to yourself?
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    rozzer32 wrote:

I remember the early days of the internet when trolls took care & pride in their work
  • Email today.

You're gran fondo is ready for collection!!

Woo hoo! And forecast sunny Saturday.. It's fate :D
  • I ordered my bike on 27th Aug (bank hol monday) and was aware of the 15 days/3weeks build time - it shipped today so 2 days late - not too bad but i have just sent a letter to my MP, the Police and Jesus to complain and get them shut down.

During the time i emailed them twice about a build date and the delivery date and on both times i got an email back with the info and an apology for taking too long to reply (1 day and then 2 days) so contact has not been an issue.

In that time i have ordered several things from Wiggle and all have come super quick, Evans too - i did email evans a question and waited a day for answer that never came - ordered it and have answered my own question but still not had a reply to the question from Evans. For full disclosure i also ordered bits from CRC and Merlin and all delivered promptly - ohh and Amazon to.

I even went onto Halfords and not only didnt i die but the 2 kids bikes i bought were built well and early each time.

In summary, Ribble are slow but i expected it and have had decent contact from them when i emailed them - the others i just put in randomly to fit in with the thread!
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    yawn
  • rozzer32 wrote:

You just can't handle it can you? The fact that there are quite a few people in this thread who think Ribble are poor. It's come as a shock to you to see that not everyone is a lemming 'yes man' and some people tell it like it is.

Anyway - why don't you ask the mods to post our IP addresses just to prove we are not the same person?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Bustacapp wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

You just can't handle it can you? The fact that there are quite a few people in this thread who think Ribble are poor. It's come as a shock to you to see that not everyone is a lemming 'yes man' and some people tell it like it is.

Anyway - why don't you ask the mods to post our IP addresses just to prove we are not the same person?

My VPN allows me to have different IP addys, although that's not the point.

Some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining, and you, good sir, fall into that camp.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Grill wrote:

My VPN allows me to have different IP addys, although that's not the point.

Some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining, and you, good sir, fall into that camp.

As does using proxies but come on, is it really likely that only one person feels begrudged by ribble?

And some people are just not happy without rather hypocritically thowing their 2 pence worth (literally) into a thread and then moaning about it's contents.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I was the first person to reply to this thread, and if you look back it clearly states that I don't think they're as fast as other shops but I've yet to have issue with their delivery times or service, which was what you were originally trying to ascertain.

Seriously bro, if you put as much effort into your job as you do into this thread you could afford to order from a quicker outlet.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • Wow - I got an email update on my order. "Sorry for the lack of response and delay with the order, on Friday the staff would not have been aware that the phones would be off this week. My colleague was also incorrect in stating we could get an update this week as the GM who deals with this is off until Monday. Therefore we can only leave your query live on the system and get a delivery update from the boss ASAP. "

So great, I get an update, but the update is that they still haven't figured out how to run a business or how . Progress though, but too late as I've cancelled (although quite when that will get acknowledged, who knows)

For all those people who are complaining about people like me complaining about Ribble - this is not just to have a whinge, it's also to help potential buyers realise that they should maybe think about buying from a more reliable manufacturer who provides a level of customer focus. Why is that hard for your Ribble-lovers to accept? Hopefully won't make the same mistake I did. There's a good reason why John Lewis, Waitrose, Apple, etc come top of customer satisfaction surveys - they care about the customer and as a result, the customer is happy to pay a premium.

I'm going to drop an extra grand and buy from a reliable company.
  • shane r wrote:

Careful Shane, you'll be accused of being the same person as me and Bustacapp. Apparently there is only one person out there with bad things to say about Ribbles performace and he (or is it me?) is creating multiple ID's to abuse Ribble as he has nothing else to do.
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    I found my Ribble bike-buying experience a lot like buying a house. One of the most frustrating things that I have ever endured-yet I love the bike. It took ages, communication was terrible, Owner admitted their service was rubbish-but I love the bike.

All I can say is that you'll be happy when you get it.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    so to round up, after 9 pages.

1) ribble are slow and customer service is poor.

2)ribble are CHEAP.

both facts are well known to most people on bike radar and can be found by a quick google search.

great thread. :?
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • I like Ribble and this topic would not stop me from buying a bike or parts from them.
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    I like Ribble and this topic would not stop me from buying a bike or parts from them.

+1
    have used them before and will use the again. just not when i want something very quick. :)
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS