Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

14567810»

Comments

• exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    centimani wrote:
    Matt_as wrote:
    Anyone ever had there Ribble order get lost in the post , how were they dealing with it and how long did you have to wait until a replacement or refund was given ?
    Happened to me. I ordered 10 gels and by mistake they sent 1. I was going to ride a stage race and they arrived 2 days before. I called them up to tell them this had happened and they apologised and sent me the other 9 next day delivery only they didnt turn up next day, so I phoned them and explained this and the girl asked me if I was willing to wait for them and I pointed out I would normally have given them a couple of days but was off that evening to my race so she refunded the money for all 10 back to my card and I picked some gels up from a shop on way to my race. The gels turned up while I was away and I emailed ribble to let them know and they said I could keep them as it was more hassle for me to send them back to them.

I can understand the problems of Bustacrapp with trying to contact Ribble as I have had this myself but to be fair I read the lead time stated on any site I order from and as it states 2-4 working days for standard delivery I would not bother trying to contact them until the 5th day and his stuff arrived my then so I don't really see his problem (well apart from being an impatient, trigger happy kid) I am guessing kid by the tone of his posts and the fact he has only just learnt how to correctly fit a bike tyre.

Harsh.... :lol::lol:

but true.... :lol::lol::lol:
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • Bustacapp wrote:
    How dare you. I used to fix punctures as a kid all the time. However it's been a long time and I've never attempted a road bike fix at the side of the road without tyre levers before. Hence the practice. How about you take your late-arriving gels and shove them up your balloon-knot you condescending lump of pig vomit!

on another note (mainly because i cba to trawl through the thread).

Did the parts arrive and honestly how long did they take?
  • Bustacapp wrote:
    How dare you. I used to fix punctures as a kid all the time. However it's been a long time and I've never attempted a road bike fix at the side of the road without tyre levers before. Hence the practice. How about you take your late-arriving gels and shove them up your balloon-knot you condescending lump of pig vomit!

Yeah they did arrive and I think it was about a week and a half. In contrast I ordered a Nintendo DS Cartridge from a Spanish website that shipped it to a sorting office in Leipzig, Germany, was then flown to Birmingham and ferried to Liverpool from where it was distributed to my house. All in 2 days!!

Pathetic isn't it? Get your act together Ribble!!!
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I know they are outrageous, it took literally 3 days for my tyres to arrive, I am going to write a poorly worded and spelt email/letter to my MP to complain!!!
  • Bustacapp wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:

Yeah they did arrive and I think it was about a week and a half. In contrast I ordered a Nintendo DS Cartridge from a Spanish website that shipped it to a sorting office in Leipzig, Germany, was then flown to Birmingham and ferried to Liverpool from where it was distributed to my house. All in 2 days!!

Pathetic isn't it? Get your act together Ribble!!!

Seriously Busta, seriously :shock: ...it's three months ago. Jesus, you must be an uptight kinda fella, lifes too short to be sooo upset about something so frikkin trivial.
    You must have a great life :? :roll:
  • centimani wrote:
    Seriously Busta, seriously :shock: ...it's three months ago. Jesus, you must be an uptight kinda fella, lifes too short to be sooo upset about something so frikkin trivial.

I must have a great life? Says the moron who took time out to read & post in a thread he could simply ignore!

Not my fault the thread keeps getting bumped!
  • Bustacapp wrote:
    centimani wrote:

I must have a great life? Says the moron who took time out to read & post in a thread he could simply ignore!

Not my fault the thread keeps getting bumped!

:D If i ignored the threads, there'd be no point in being a member. Take the good with the bad, its all entertainment of sorts.
    I really don't get it , although i really do sympathise with the initial dissapointment, but even so :? . FFS, they coulda sh@t in my parcel and i still couldnt be that pissed off three months later :D
    Oh, its entertaining...do carry on :wink:
  • centimani wrote:
    I really don't get it , although i really do sympathise with the initial dissapointment, but even so :? . FFS, they coulda sh@t in my parcel and i still couldnt be that pissed off three months later :D
    Oh, its entertaining...do carry on :wink:

I+aint+even+mad_26533b_3068344.jpg
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    I suspect that the reason they are cheap is they don't have a 24 hour warehouse like Chain Reaction, they dont pay staff to man the phones and emails round the clock, and although you may wait for your order, you will probably get it OK at a cheaper price than the competitors.

So if you want quick delivery and prompt communication, look elsewhere and pay a premium.

Thats it.
  • carrock wrote:
    I suspect that the reason they are cheap is they don't have a 24 hour warehouse like Chain Reaction, they dont pay staff to man the phones and emails round the clock, and although you may wait for your order, you will probably get it OK at a cheaper price than the competitors.

So if you want quick delivery and prompt communication, look elsewhere and pay a premium.

Thats it.

But what about if you want to cancel an order and can't communicate via phone or email? I'm pretty sure everyone has a right to cancel an order before it is processed?
  • carrock
    To be honest, if you've sent an email requesting the right to cancel under the distance selling regulations, and you have a read receipt, then legally you have cancelled the contract. You can then contact the bank to reverse the transaction. And if Ribble still send you the goods that is their problem.
  • carrock wrote:
    You can then contact the bank to reverse the transaction. And if Ribble still send you the goods that is their problem.

It's not that simple. I contacted the bank and they said the money had been marked for transferral and deducted from my account. They said Ribble had 14 days to take the cash and if they didn't then the money would bounce back to me. Of course Ribble took the money & I got the order, but the point is there was no chance for me to cancel, or at least no obvious means to do so.
  • carrock
    Distance selling regulations- you can cancel within 7 days of receiving the goods- so clearly if you haven't yet received the goods, or even if you have and send them back quickly, it makes no difference. If ribble take a month to deliver, you can still cancel after having received the goods. Agreed it is a pain in the arris though
  • carrock wrote:
    Distance selling regulations- you can cancel within 7 days of receiving the goods- so clearly if you haven't yet received the goods, or even if you have and send them back quickly, it makes no difference. If ribble take a month to deliver, you can still cancel after having received the goods. Agreed it is a pain in the arris though

Yeah I know about the distant selling law but how confident would you be of getting a refund after sending back the items when nobody can be even bothered answering an email or the phone?
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Yeah I know about the distant selling law but how confident would you be of getting a refund after sending back the items when nobody can be even bothered answering an email or the phone?

Very - if you know where they live :twisted:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Dmak
    Dmak Posts: 445
    Ordered wheels on Monday, arrived Thursday. Bit slow but no big deal apart from the price which was a great deal. I'm happy! :D
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    Ordered bike 02/08, still waiting... and waiting... Its not like I work to pay for the bike or I can just not turn in at work to sign for said bike..
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Ordered an 872 a week ago which is out of stock. Don't expect I will get it before the end of September. That's OK, I knew it would take awhile. Just have to remain patient.
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    Ordered an 872 a week ago which is out of stock. Don't expect I will get it before the end of September. That's OK, I knew it would take awhile. Just have to remain patient.

My issue is that there is zero communication and when you push for build or delivery date they fob you off and lie. Take today for instance, I need to book a days leave to allow for delivery, I chased up on Monday just for a build ETA, they came back 24hrs later to say the build was "imminent" to completion great I thought, 3 hours later they emailed saying they cannot get the tyres on the wheel! I then wait until they open today to update them for them to finish it, at the same time I asked for a del ETA since the build was "imminent" 24hrs ago, told it will be picked up today and I would be emailed, great booked Friday off work to sign for the bike... Yep no email and status is still "awaiting dispatch from warehouse", so now I have no idea when its arriving and cannot take time off next week.
  • I find they are quick and cheap on parts etc but frames and bikes etc they are slow.

I pick up parts from Preston and they are pretty small scale. Usually one guy on the desk and a couple guys in the back (building bikes I think)
    Warehouse isn't 24 hour or very operational over weekend.

But for me they have always been the cheapest for parts etc and the bikes are good too.
  • carrock
    And if you need stuff in a hurry pay an extra £3.99 and it will be delivered next day.

Otherwise join the queue.

You really can't expect 5 star service, rock bottom prices and fast delivery.

Pick 2.
  • I couldn't be arsed to read this entire thread -did the item arrive in good time?
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    I couldn't be arsed to read this entire thread -did the item arrive in good time?
    No.

In contrast, I ordered some lights from chainreactioncycles 'tother day and they arrived the next day (or should I say, they are back at the post office due to nobody being in).
  • I think it depends what you order. But they dont rush. I ordered a whole bike and that took about 3 weeks. Cant complain really, the bike is fantastic!
  • Sorry to resurrect an old thread but i ordered a bike from Ribble on the 22nd September and i was told delivery date would be 11-15 days from order. Im glad i rang them up on the 15th day for an update because i was told the bike was due to be built the following week but the wheels i wanted were out of stock and they had no expected delivery date for them.

It would have been nice to be notified of this though.

So i changed the wheels just to get the build moving because i ordered a bike to ride it, not spend time looking at its spec list on a computer screen. I was told the expected build date was now the Thursday/Friday just gone or the beginning of next week. If i havent heard anything from them beforehand, i will contact them again to see where we are on Thursday of next week and if things still havent moved along then i will have to cancel the order because i have time constraints to think about.

With me moving house on the 21st of this month, i will have no net access from that date for a month so i will have no way of knowing if the order has been sent or if its even been sent to the right address. But with Ribbles choice and the option to tailor your builds to your own tastes, then another order will go in again as soon as the house move is complete and net access has resumed.

Just to balance this post though, i have ordered smaller items from Ribble twice and they have been delivered within 2 to 3 days from placing the order. You cant grumble at that, especially with no delivery charge on top.
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    If it's any consolation i ordered a frame only on Sept 24th which was an in stock item and still waiting.think they have been busy moving premises or something.
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    My 872 was ordered on Aug 15th but the frame size I ordered was out of stock. My bike was delivered on September 12th, not an unreasonable delay considering they have two mechanics building upwards of 80 bikes per week between them. If you want fast then buy off the peg and pay for the priviledge. If you want to configure your own bike then it's fair to assume you will have to wait a while. The quality/price you get is worth waiting for. My LBS who only sell big brands had to conceed my 872 is stunning VFM.

In contrast I bought a saddle which was ordered on Thursday morning and arrived on Friday (standard free deliver) so they can be quick too!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    They are current in the process of moving.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    10% off til Thursday 17th
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • I ordered something yesterday and as of 5 minutes ago it has still not been dispatched. Is this normal? Ususally anything I order online gets dispatched on the day or next day of recieving the order.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles