Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Comments

• rajMAN wrote:
    What else could possibly be added to this thread? other than, are we at page 12 yet? :D

It's looming. Incidentally, I saw a pic of a lovely looking bike (Gran Fondo) inside the cover of Cycling Plus magazine yesterday. Imagine my surprise at seeing it was an advert for Ribble!!
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Bustacapp wrote:
    rajMAN wrote:
    What else could possibly be added to this thread? other than, are we at page 12 yet? :D

It's looming. Incidentally, I saw a pic of a lovely looking bike (Gran Fondo) inside the cover of Cycling Plus magazine yesterday. Imagine my surprise at seeing it was an advert for Ribble!!

Don't even go there!!!! :shock:
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    Back to topic, I've been waiting for my Ribble bike for over 3 weeks. Normally build time is within 5 days, but at the moment they're looking at a 20 (working) day wait for a build, all down to the Olympics/Wiggo effect. I don't mind waiting when I know I'm getting a quality product. Here's to an Indian summer. Failing that, the turbo trainer's getting some hammer...

Ribble's normal build time is 3 weeks, any suggestion otherwise is simply misleading. The reason Riblle gives for this delay changes from time to time but, you want a Ribble, it takes at least 3 weeks.

I should mention that after my experience with Ribble, I decided not to buy from them again but try my luck with Dolan. The service was frankly the best I've had anywhere (related to bikes). Contact was over and above. The rsulting bike (like the Ribble) is superb. This also took 3 weeks.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • Has this reached pages yet? will this do it? :D
  • C'mon 12 pages... :)
  • 12 pages..... :(
  • greentea wrote:
    12 pages..... :(

:D

pages...yet? come on..ffs!!

??
    :oops:
  • shane r wrote:
    I should mention that after my experience with Ribble, I decided not to buy from them again but try my luck with Dolan. The service was frankly the best I've had anywhere (related to bikes). Contact was over and above. The rsulting bike (like the Ribble) is superb. This also took 3 weeks.

Where are Dolan based? I saw both a Dolan and Ribble on sunday morning. Lots of Ribbles around the Lancashire plains it seems!
  • rajMAN
    Terry Dolan / Ribble I remember those days! :D this threads like a Ronnie Corbett gag!
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    Bustacapp wrote:
    shane r wrote:

Where are Dolan based? I saw both a Dolan and Ribble on sunday morning. Lots of Ribbles around the Lancashire plains it seems!

Funny that as Ribble are based in Preston, Lancashire.

Anyway here is a recent thread about Wiggle getting it wrong. http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12880427

Every company makes mistakes from time to time.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • My Ribble arrived today just outside 3 weeks - bit of a problem with the wheels (delivery related) so i phoned them up and spoke to them and all resolved in under 5 mins.

Maybe they are catching up now but the phone rang for about 5 rings before answered and thus far im impressed with their service - first time buyer from them and id not heard of them until recommended to me.
  • rozzer32 wrote:
    Funny that as Ribble are based in Preston, Lancashire.

Anyway here is a recent thread about Wiggle getting it wrong. http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12880427

Every company makes mistakes from time to time.

I know they are based in Preston. But they ship all over the nation. So not much of a point you made there tbh.

And yes every company makes mistakes, however Ribble deliberately neglect their customers time and time again.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    God you are a whiny bitch. I hope you never have something serious to complain about. Learn to have some patience.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Bustacapp wrote:
    And yes every company makes mistakes, however Ribble deliberately neglect their customers time and time again.

No, they don't.
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    edited September 2012
    nathancom wrote:
    Learn to have some patience.

learn some manners.
  • ShutUpLegs wrote:
    No, they don't.

Yes, they do.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    The scene: a boardroom in deepest Lancashire. The chairman of the board is speaking.
    "Well, gentleman, it seems that we have been making too much money. Despite all our best efforts, people still want to buy things from us! What can we do?"
    There is a long and awkward silence, until the youngest member of the board coughs slightly and stands up.
    "I know. We can deliberately neglect our customers!"
    And so the newest trend in the never ending game of "how to make your company less successful" was born.
  • Ordered a Gran Fondo and received it exactly 15 working days later, Lovely bike as well, or so the local scrotes think. Picked it up Saturday, stolen Sunday night along with my ultralite! Beware those who live in the Leigh/Wigan area, these were not a bunch of smack heads to get through the security I have
  • nathancom
    Bustacapp wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    Learn to have some patience.

learn some manners.
    Yes mum. It may take Ribble two weeks to deliver them though...
  • jay197
    jay197 Posts: 196
    /whispers 13 pages then....... :P
  • jonny1967 wrote:
    Ordered a Gran Fondo and received it exactly 15 working days later, Lovely bike as well, or so the local scrotes think. Picked it up Saturday, stolen Sunday night along with my ultralite! Beware those who live in the Leigh/Wigan area, these were not a bunch of smack heads to get through the security I have

Man that sucks and you have my deepest sympathy. Having a bike as nice as that would do my head in, worrying about it getting nicked/damaged all the time.

Can't have anything nice these days. Makes me think my cheapo Carrera was the right choice.

So what now? I'm assuming you want a new bike before Christmas so that's Ribble out of the frame then! Dolan?
  • nathancom wrote:
    Yes mum. It may take Ribble two weeks to deliver them though...

Here you go..

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/publish.a ... obs&page=1

I think you'd be an asset to the team.
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    jonny1967 wrote:
    Ordered a Gran Fondo and received it exactly 15 working days later

So, three weeks?

Dolan are based in Lancashire as well.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Ordered over a grands worth of gear off ribble late friday,items turned up today no problem with ribble :D
    As it was a large order i think a couple of days was great.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • markyone wrote:
    Ordered over a grands worth of gear off ribble late friday,items turned up today no problem with ribble :D

Perhaps a lot of people read this thread and cancelled, thus giving Ribble plenty of time to deal with customers properly.
    :mrgreen:

..or maybe it has more to the racing season coming to an end. :cry:
  • nathancom
    Bustacapp wrote:
    markyone wrote:

Perhaps a lot of people read this thread and cancelled, thus giving Ribble plenty of time to deal with customers properly.
    :mrgreen:

..or maybe it has more to the racing season coming to an end. :cry:
    Reckon you should put in a fresh order with Ribble just to apologise.
  • nathancom wrote:
    Reckon you should put in a fresh order with Ribble just to apologise.

It's almost tempting if anything just to extend this thread.

was just thinking I might need some mudguards..
  • rajMAN
    Incidentally,....I knew a bloke called Terry once, it was when we were working the Ketchup line and he said to me one day........ :oops: (page 13 yet?).
  • ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:

No, they don't.

I've got to agree. Their level of communication with me has been superb. I'm just into them to try and get my (now built) bike here either today or tomorrow, but that's dependent on Royal Mail (cue Lee Evans style booming "PARCELFORCE") pulling their finger out of their collective ar5es and moving the damn box 70 miles. It might be quicker if I go and collect it myself, but I want to go to the gym today.
    I am considerably more rock and roll than you.

Road. Mountain. Up hill and down dale...