Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Comments

• jonny1967 wrote:
    This thread reminds me of the saying 'don't argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience'. Mind you, any one with BUSTACAPP as a user name can't possibly be over 12 years old.

...says jonny1967. How imaginative. You sir sound as though you have the charisma of a pebble.
  • Loving your rose tinted glasses Rolf F. Clearly the rose tinted glasses filter out the pages and pages of complaints about Ribbles poor track record on delivery. But that's OK, you're happy.

Of course, it's human nature to take the time out to only complain when something is poor - perhaps you're a new user of the internet, otherwise you would be aware that this is the case on just about any subject you care to search on. There's no smoke without fire and from my experience with Ribble, it appears to be true. They have a poor track record going back almost a decade.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Bustacapp wrote:
    They deserve to (and I hope they do) go bust.

But hopefully not before your delivery eh? :)
  • srayment wrote:
    Loving your rose tinted glasses Rolf F. Clearly the rose tinted glasses filter out the pages and pages of complaints about Ribbles poor track record on delivery. But that's OK, you're happy.

Of course, it's human nature to take the time out to only complain when something is poor - perhaps you're a new user of the internet, otherwise you would be aware that this is the case on just about any subject you care to search on. There's no smoke without fire and from my experience with Ribble, it appears to be true. They have a poor track record going back almost a decade.

I phoned my bank to cancel my debit but unfortunately they said the money had cleared for transfer and nothing could be done.

Not being able to cancel my order and get a refund for me has by far been the worst part of shopping with Ribble. I'm pretty sure places like Wiggle and CRC would at least answer the phone and make a refund. I'm just glad I've not spent big money with Ribble.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    srayment wrote:

I'm not so new to the internet that I would join a forum specifically to complain about a company.

As for 'no smoke without fire' - only the extremely stupid would really believe that and I hope you don't; it basically says that there is no such thing as an unjustified accusation of guilt. As per my previous comment; if you really do believe 'no smoke without fire' then who do you shop with given that CRC, Evans and Wiggle are all well smoke stained?
    Aside from High on Bikes I suspect you'll find it almost impossible to find any supplier that doesn't have some online disgruntled user.

And my glasses are not rose tinted. I do not think that Ribble Cycles are perfect and at no pointed have I suggested they are (did you even actually read my previous comments?).
    Faster than a tent.......
  • yes, yes, I'm extremely stupid as you suggest, yawn. When you start getting abusive, there's clearly no constructive discussion with you so I'm checking out. You've run out of ideas at this point. Enjoy your 'ribble bubble'.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    Hahaha this thread just gets better and better.

Everyone meet Bustacapp and his mother Srayment.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • rolf_f
    srayment wrote:
    yes, yes, I'm extremely stupid as you suggest, yawn. When you start getting abusive, there's clearly no constructive discussion with you so I'm checking out. You've run out of ideas at this point. Enjoy your 'ribble bubble'.

See, you haven't read my post again. By your own arguments, you can't really believe 'no smoke without fire' so how have I actually been abusive? Please at least tell me that you are still going to talk to me with your other username. Or are you running away now that you've been found out?
  • Rolf F wrote:
    See, you haven't read my post again. By your own arguments, you can't really believe 'no smoke without fire' so how have I actually been abusive?

You implied that he was stupid if you read your post. Also, mindless monkey-like posts made by the likes of rozzer32 hardly help the debate. I'm glad some people find it amusing but how amused would you be if you feel you've been hard done to by a vendor?

There can be no excuse for non-communication to customers. I'm sure the office of fair trading would be able to confirm that.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Bustacrap - you have been a member on here for a mere month and at least 70% (by my rough reckoning) of your posts have been nothing but inane tripe!!!!.

Please post something useful at least once a day to make amends.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • i LOVE this thread! :lol:

who's going to scream and scream until they are sick first?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    srayment wrote:

As for rozzer32, loving the mother comment. Probably should stop there, as we could start talking about his mother, but in a different way. She's probably got a reputation.

Good night ladies

Wow aren't we a clever little boy.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • rolf_f
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    See, you haven't read my post again. By your own arguments, you can't really believe 'no smoke without fire' so how have I actually been abusive?

You implied that he was stupid if you read your post.

OK, to be fair, I concede that you might have a point. However, in my defence I think it's fair to say that it is only insulting to call someone stupid if you actually think they aren't. Otherwise it's just an observation......
  • I recently placed a large order with Ribble and made sure all the items were showing as in stock as i needed some of the parts for a trip overseas and even paid the £4 for next day delivery , once the order turned up half the bits were missing and it stated to follow at a later date , which was a bit of a deal breaker for me .They might be the cheapest for a reason hence they dont have the systems and manpower to cope with delivering good cuctomer service and stock control .
  • smidsy wrote:
    Bustacrap - you have been a member on here for a mere month and at least 70% (by my rough reckoning) of your posts have been nothing but inane tripe!!!!.

So you came in a thread created by someone you say posts utter tripe. So you've been reading it, physically clicked on a link and then typed in it. Surely you have better things to do than spend time out of your life on 'utter tripe'? Simply ignore the thread??
  • rozzer32 wrote:
    Hahaha this thread just gets better and better.

Everyone meet Bustacapp and his mother Srayment.

Or could they be the same person?

Just saying, it wouldn't be the first time someone created a second forum persona on the same forum to agree with their posts. :twisted:

It's difficult to come down on one side or the other with this one.
    What we need are people posting up positive company stories, to provide balance to the bad. In my experience though when a company does well, people don't post up about it, but when a company drops the ball, boy does the interweb lines burn with vitriol (and sometimes it IS justified).
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    NEWS ALERT :D:D:D:D:D:D

RIBBLE announce that the delays are due to the 2012 games! PLEASE SEE THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE

Well Done Ribble for the appology - can this thread end now??? :roll:
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Bustacapp wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

So you came in a thread created by someone you say posts utter tripe. So you've been reading it, physically clicked on a link and then typed in it. Surely you have better things to do than spend time out of your life on 'utter tripe'? Simply ignore the thread??

So have you actually complained to Ribble or are you as spineless as your internet persona :?:
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    @ bustacapp what's your real name, Mrs big p works at ribble.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Thinking about it things are about to get really interesting as its the UK Cycle show coming up soon which probably means that Ribble will shut down for a week whilst they set up and attend the show. I guess if the phones are off just go to the show and ask for an update on your orders? :wink:
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    This inane tripe of a thread has inspired me to spend even MORE at my fave retailer!! Long live RIBBLE :D:D
  • ShutUpLegs wrote:
    So have you actually complained to Ribble or are you as spineless as your internet persona :?:

It takes spine to complain? What sort of slackjawed world do you live in? And who would I complain to? The automated telephone machine or the automated email machine????

How about you do as your name suggests and shut up!
  • B.M.R. wrote:
    Or could they be the same person?

Why? You think it unbelievable that Ribble have upset just one person?

Google. Use it.
  • no history with ribble so nothing relevant to add to the debate...

however have been bursting to sing the praises of cyclestore.co.uk - ordered a endura jacket last week late Tuesday pm - and had the jacket Thursday am - and I live outside of the UK. Pretty awesome i thought. Especially as I very nearly did not place the order with them as thought their website looked very dated and did not inspire confidence. However they were the cheapest and one of few people with stock.

To the OP I would suggest a little patience and understanding. A week or two is nothing - a few years back I waited 6 months for my Project One Trek .... sad times.
  • tigerben wrote:
    To the OP I would suggest a little patience and understanding. A week or two is nothing.

Not in this day and age. Goods should be dispatched the next day of the order at the latest. The only delay should be with transit.
  • Agreed, my order took 6 working days, simply not good enough and will not be ordering again.
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    1. Ribble almost always has the best price.

2. I order from them often.

3. I order from them if I have the time to wait.

4. If I need something in a hurry, I order it somewhere else, and pay the premium for expedience.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    5887023_264be94c16_m.jpg
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    McKayla is not impressed....
    notimpressed.jpg
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    It's speedking or thebigbee, or someone is breeding clones of them somewhere grim!