Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Comments

• Bustacapp wrote:
    you poor dear. i'm crying real salt tears for you. boo-hoo. :roll:

Do you work for Ribble? You sound like you may fit the bill perfectly.

no, i work for the government. im licensed to kill. so watch it.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Navrig wrote:
    greentea wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    greentea wrote:
    Ribble are sh*t from my experiences, would never use them again.

But thats just me.

Ohhhhhh, so that's why you keep telling people to avoid Ribble bikes! Nothing to do with the bikes themselves - you've just had a hissy fit with them! I was wondering cos it was starting to sound a bit hysterical :wink:

............... how good the food if the chef kept sh*tting in your soup.

I cannot imagine that any soup with $h1t in it would be good so your analogy is pants - perhaps like your experience of Ribble.

Mine has been good and still buy from them. They've never been slow, perhaps not as fast as Wiggle/CRC etc at times but as far as I am concerned a week's turnaround is perfectly acceptable. If I need it quicker I head to the LBS and pay more.

Just because you say my experience of dealing with Ribble is pants doesnt actually mean it was, in fact i would go so far as to say your experience was made up, you must be a Ribble employee or your dad works there.

If i say i saw John Terry hanging out the back of your Mrs it doesnt actually mean he was, even if i know he was.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    To the OP;

Why did you order from Ribble? Probably as they were cheaper than the rest and had stock.
    Did you need the item urgently? I'll guess not as you didn't use your LBS and you didn't pay extra for faster delivery.

So following on from that you still come on here to complain that the delivery is slow, well get ready for this, but maybe you should have paid extra for quicker delivery.

I'm pretty sure it normally says allow 3-5 days delivery anyway AND they had the notice saying expect delays due to the sale. But yet you still whine on here. If you want a premium service then expect to pay for it.

Please do everyone a favour and stop your trolling.

P.S I've had loads of order from Ribble and never had a problem and all have been delivered on time.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • rozzer32 wrote:
    To the OP;

Why did you order from Ribble? Probably as they were cheaper than the rest and had stock.
    Did you need the item urgently? I'll guess not as you didn't use your LBS and you didn't pay extra for faster delivery.

So following on from that you still come on here to complain that the delivery is slow, well get ready for this, but maybe you should have paid extra for quicker delivery.

I'm pretty sure it normally says allow 3-5 days delivery anyway AND they had the notice saying expect delays due to the sale. But yet you still whine on here. If you want a premium service then expect to pay for it.

P.S I've had loads of order from Ribble and never had a problem and all have been delivered on time.

How about you read the thread instead of making assumptions of what happened, then spitting out a brainless, predicatble and verbatim response like all the other repeaters?

Here's a little summary, for lazy 'can't be bothered reading the thread' Ribbleofiles such as yourself:

* The items have not even been dispatched yet. Ordered on tuesday morning.
    * I don't see any obvious sign (or any sign come to that) stating that I should expect delays.
    * They have not been contactable at all. This is unacceptable no matter what. I cannot cancel my order!!

God damn I had no idea so many Ribble employees lurked in here.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    So it's Saturday, you ordered Tuesday, that's a bit of a delay in dispatch in my opinion. But if that had been your start point, it would have looked better on you. Instead you 'went off on one' on Wednesday, one day after ordering.

Will you implode if it isn't sent by Tuesday?
  • dodgy wrote:

No because I only ride at weekends. However I would dearly love to cancel my order and be refunded.
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    Bustacapp wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

No because I only ride at weekends. However I would dearly love to cancel my order and be refunded.

arrrr ....... i see at last.

not are you a little impatient, you are not even a proper cyclist :D
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • exlaser wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

Impatient maybe, but Ribble are possibly breaking the law! Surely consumers have the right to cancel?

And don't be a cycle nazi. I hate cycle nazi's.
  • Bustacapp wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

I'm not here to fan the flames but can I ask why you still want to cancel, what it would achieve? It's either going to result in greater expense or continuing to wait for a brand new order to be processed by someone else.

I work in customer services for an online retailer and the demand to cancel an order because of a slight delay is surprisingly common. It just puts you back to square one. If it is only a slight delay (subjective, I know) you're better to wait it out.

I ave no problems with Ribble - I've waited longer for Wiggle and CRC to deliver - but I think they could have done more to highlight the long lead times on their website for the sake of new customers. I suppose it's a fine line between being open and honest and scaring people off, though.

Rob
  • Oh, and the lack of communication is rather sh!t.
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    Bustacapp wrote:
    exlaser wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

Impatient maybe, but Ribble are possibly breaking the law! Surely consumers have the right to cancel?

calm down dear- its only a cycle forum. :lol:
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    Bustacapp wrote:
    exlaser wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

Godwins law has now been achieved..... This thread can now be closed.
  • big p wrote:

Godwins law has now been achieved..... This thread can now be closed.

LMFAO!
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Speedking? Surely...
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    I order most of my stuff from Ribble.

The last two orders have not dispatched so after 3/4 days, which is usually when i realise, i've sent an e-mail to sales@ribblecycles.co.uk politely explaining that the items haven't been dispatched and that i understand that they may be busy or have stock issues. Both times i've received a dispatch note within a couple of hours of sending the e-mail. Almost as if my order just slipped through the net.

Simple innit.
  • mifkif
    mifkif Posts: 103
    :lol::lol:

You guys are funny.

In summary, some on-line retailers have delay's in dispatching, sometimes. Sometimes they don't. Some people order new gear before they need it and have the time buffer if a delay is experienced, some people operate on a knee jerk ordering system. Some people have good experiences, some don't.

But collectively we are British and we do like to complain, and que.

One last note, I 'won' a frame on Ebay last weekend, paid £10 for next day delivery. It got despatched on Tuesday for delivery on Wednesday. I messaged them last night to enquire where it is, as no delivery had been made. Today they have told me it is the Isle Of Man, and I will not now get it until the tail end of next week. No chance of canceling the order, no chance of refund, therefore no point in grumbling about it.

Matt
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Bustacapp wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:
    To the OP;

How about you read the thread instead of making assumptions of what happened, then spitting out a brainless, predicatble and verbatim response like all the other repeaters?

Here's a little summary, for lazy 'can't be bothered reading the thread' Ribbleofiles such as yourself:

* I don't see any obvious sign (or any sign come to that) stating that I should expect delays.
    * They have not been contactable at all. This is unacceptable no matter what. I cannot cancel my order!!

Did I hear the sound of a dummy being spat?
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    Bustacapp wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:
    To the OP;

wahhhh wahhh wahhh, don't forget to pick your toys up.

I don't think any of us really care, your thread certainly won't stop me or other people using Ribble.

In fact I hope the delivery takes extra long just to pi$$ you off a bit more and we get a part 2 update on this thread.

Next time I advise you use Dave Hinde, he has fantastic service and I'm sure you'd get on a treat with him.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • + 1 for Davey Hinde- he wont disappoint!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:
    To the OP;

I don't think any of us really care, your thread certainly won't stop me or other people using Ribble.

In fact I hope the delivery takes extra long just to pi$$ you off a bit more and we get a part 2 update on this thread.

Next time I advise you use Dave Hinde, he has fantastic service and I'm sure you'd get on a treat with him.

+1.
  • rozzer32 wrote:

Oprah_umad.gif?1301082881
  • I don't know how ribble cycles stay in business. I ordered a bike on 28th August and have had no updates. When I call them, I get told that they're waiting for a shipment from china of frames, but they don't know when it will arrive. I call them up today to find out that they're not taking phone calls this week! What kind of company doesn't take phone calls? I'll tell you - a two bit shambles company. Interestingly, you can see company financials now on web sites and even their bank balances. Ribble don't look short of cash in the bank.

It's a shame as I'm told that the bikes are good. Trouble is, I'm not sure I want to buy from a company who are so poorly run because if they can't get it right when selling you something, what chance do you have when you need help or if something goes wrong. Will give it a couple more days then call visa to block the purchase.

As most forums suggest - Ribble Cycles is a poorly run and rubbish company. Ultimately, people will stop buying from them due to this lack of service.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    srayment wrote:
    I don't know how ribble cycles stay in business. I ordered a bike on 28th August and have had no updates. When I call them, I get told that they're waiting for a shipment from china of frames, but they don't know when it will arrive. I call them up today to find out that they're not taking phone calls this week! What kind of company doesn't take phone calls? I'll tell you - a two bit shambles company. Interestingly, you can see company financials now on web sites and even their bank balances. Ribble don't look short of cash in the bank.

It's a shame as I'm told that the bikes are good. Trouble is, I'm not sure I want to buy from a company who are so poorly run because if they can't get it right when selling you something, what chance do you have when you need help or if something goes wrong. Will give it a couple more days then call visa to block the purchase.

As most forums suggest - Ribble Cycles is a poorly run and rubbish company. Ultimately, people will stop buying from them due to this lack of service.

The thread that keeps on giving :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • srayment wrote:
    I don't know how ribble cycles stay in business. I ordered a bike on 28th August and have had no updates. When I call them, I get told that they're waiting for a shipment from china of frames, but they don't know when it will arrive. I call them up today to find out that they're not taking phone calls this week! What kind of company doesn't take phone calls? I'll tell you - a two bit shambles company. Interestingly, you can see company financials now on web sites and even their bank balances. Ribble don't look short of cash in the bank.

+1

They deserve to (and I hope they do) go bust.
  • Rolf F wrote:

The thread that keeps on giving :lol:

I know!! I live in hope that the owners of Ribble Cycles (the Dove family from what I see on Companies House) take note from all this bad press and get off their back sides and listen!! If nothing else, they need to learn that communicating to their customers and providing feedback on progress goes a long way to keep people happy....

Ultimately, no matter how good their product is, if they keep rubbing everyone up the wrong way, the customers will dry up.
  • rolf_f
    srayment wrote:
    Ultimately, no matter how good their product is, if they keep rubbing everyone up the wrong way, the customers will dry up.

You are missing the point - the vast majority of people on here are satisfied repeat customers of Ribble myself included.

Your point that 'most forums suggest Ribble is a rubbish company" is hokum. All that suggests is that most forums get saddled with occasional threads by hysterical, impatient people (who have often signed up to the forum specifically to whinge and who therefore have little credibility anyway) complaining about Ribble. Everyone else has no problem with the company and their business model is obviously working for them as their bikes are selling like hot cakes.
  • The sheer volume of people with the same point of view as me, seems to suggest that there's truth in what I'm saying.

Or maybe we're just all impatient and should all consider it acceptable to move back to mail order. Please.......
    Perhaps Ribble should shut down their b2c web site as the internet as a medium it makes them too accessible to people who wish to purchase something.
  • When you order online it says you can pick up from the shop in 1 hour, I have done this 4 or 5 times now and even after leaving it 4-5 hrs the stuff is never ready.
  • This thread reminds me of the saying 'don't argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience'. Mind you, any one with BUSTACAPP as a user name can't possibly be over 12 years old.
  • rolf_f
    If, taking a site at random, you look at Review Centre you'll find that Chain Reaction and Wiggle both get a worse rating than Evans. Evans got 3.3 out of 5, Wiggle 2.8 CRC got 2.7. All scores I would consider pretty disasterous (I mean, even with the highest scoring Evans - would you ever buy an item on Ebay from someone with 66% positive feedback?) and that's based on 518 Evans reviews 89 Wiggle reviews and 174 CRC views.

There's only one (negative) Ribble review on Review Centre and that appears to be from Bustercapp/srayment. On that basis, Evans, Wiggle and CRC are all as 'terrible as Ribble' in which case where can we go?

Infact, obviously it just reflects that happy customers say little and unhappy customers moan a lot. The sheer volume of people complaining on Review Centre just shows that Ribble, CRC, Wiggle and Evans sell lots of stuff - nothing more than that.