Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I ordered something 5 minutes ago and as of yesterday it has still not been dispatched
  • F_I
    F_I Posts: 14
    Bought a pair of GP4000S, delivery wasn't any longer than most online places, I could have gone to my LBS and paid £86 but I would rather spend £48, wait longer and fit them myself because I can't afford the extra service all the time. If you really only cared about service and speed, you would have gone to your LBS and got your item and resolved any problems instantly, instead you come on here and complain about being a cheap skate who didn't want to stump up the cash.

I bet you're the kind of person who goes to a cheap restaurant and then complains about everything because it's not as good as the luxury ones; what do you expect, really?! :|
  • F_I wrote:
    I bet you're the kind of person who goes to a cheap restaurant and then complains about everything because it's not as good as the luxury ones; what do you expect, really?! :|

..and I bet you're the kind of mug who'd pay a 'cut price' taxi fee and then happily walk.
  • F_I
    F_I Posts: 14
    I cycle everywhere so I don't pay for any transport, unless we include bike upgrades :P .

There is no need to get upset, I'm just pointing out your reasoning is ridiculous, you don't shop online for amazing customer service and/or getting something as soon as possible, you shop online because it's cheaper and you don't need someone to help you, you don't need the item instantly and if you do, you pay extra for it.
  • bompington
    Bustacapp wrote:
    F_I wrote:

..and I bet you're the kind of mug who'd pay a 'cut price' taxi fee and then happily walk.
    You might be making sense, you know - if it turns out that your goods aren't dispatched at all. But 24 hours?
  • bompington wrote:
    You might be making sense, you know - if it turns out that your goods aren't dispatched at all. But 24 hours?

Still showing as not dispatched. Got an automated email today to tell me they have no staff and are basically working on the next day deliveries only. At least they replied even if it did take over 24hrs!!

Not a good way to run a business IMHO.
  • F_I wrote:
    There is no need to get upset

As if you could rustle my jimmies! :)
  • Oh FFS :?
    Said this to another poster who expected Rolls Royce service...go to your LBS next time, you wont have to wait at all.
    Or as someone else so eloquently put it...champagne tastes, lemonade pockets.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    greentea wrote:
    Ribble are sh*t from my experiences, would never use them again.

But thats just me.

Ohhhhhh, so that's why you keep telling people to avoid Ribble bikes! Nothing to do with the bikes themselves - you've just had a hissy fit with them! I was wondering cos it was starting to sound a bit hysterical :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • centimani wrote:
    Oh FFS :?
    Said this to another poster who expected Rolls Royce service...go to your LBS next time, you wont have to wait at all.
    Or as someone else so eloquently put it...champagne tastes, lemonade pockets.

I expect service to meet, or at least appear to attempt to meet a particular standard of quality across the board. At no point do I expect standards to be sacrificed for the sake of price. It is only when standards are more or less equal that lower prices actually mean anything.

Now if Ribble declared that their service was crap as a result of their low prices, then that would have been fair enough and I could have decided to pay more elsewhere. But they didn't.

Just to make it clear, it is not only their slow despatch that has rusltled my jimmies, it is also their complete lack of interaction.

At no point have I been able to cancel my order because:

a) They won't answer the phone
    b) They only respond to emails (a day late) with automated responses stating that individual orders will not be looked at

...is this even legal??

I made an error of judgement in trusting a post someone had made on here and gave them the benefit of the doubt (did not check the seller reviews online).

I will be adding my own reviews online. Make no mistake about it.
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    it is the lack of interaction that frustrates people most. If they were told there was a 4 week waiting time, and the reasons behind it were lack of resources or low stock in order to keep prices low, then the consumer is fully aware of the choice to purchase or not. When delays happen and no-one tells you about them is when people lose patience.
    Champagne tastes? Not really looking at top end spec here, but I agree its lemonade prices.
  • rolf_f
    Generally if you sniff about online you'll find that Ribble do have a reputation for being poor at answering Emails and sometimes (ie sometimes, not always) not answering the phone - but that the phone mostly does deliver but sometimes it is best to leave it to another day.

Personally, I've had little bother with either means of communication.
  • Rolf F wrote:
    greentea wrote:

But thats just me.

Ohhhhhh, so that's why you keep telling people to avoid Ribble bikes! Nothing to do with the bikes themselves - you've just had a hissy fit with them! I was wondering cos it was starting to sound a bit hysterical :wink:

No i like the bikes, its not the bike its the service. If the service was better i would rate them higher. You wouldnt go back to a restaurant no matter how good the food if the chef kept sh*tting in your soup.

The bikes are fine, the service i had was terrible. Maybe its improved, but im not willing to try to find out. :)
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Generally if you sniff about online you'll find that Ribble do have a reputation for being poor at answering Emails and sometimes (ie sometimes, not always) not answering the phone - but that the phone mostly does deliver but sometimes it is best to leave it to another day.

Is this a slight admission on your part that the Ribble that you so love and cherish, can, just sometimes...just a little bit...through gritted teeth....screw up on customer service now and then? :D

Its ok, i wont tell anyone.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    greentea wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    greentea wrote:

But thats just me.

............... how good the food if the chef kept sh*tting in your soup.

I cannot imagine that any soup with $h1t in it would be good so your analogy is pants - perhaps like your experience of Ribble.

Mine has been good and still buy from them. They've never been slow, perhaps not as fast as Wiggle/CRC etc at times but as far as I am concerned a week's turnaround is perfectly acceptable. If I need it quicker I head to the LBS and pay more.
  • Rolf F wrote:

Agreed.

I have never had an issue getting through on the phone to Ribble and yes they may be slow at times but then for the prices i'm happy to wait a little longer.

OP has your parcel been dispatched yet?
  • OP has your parcel been dispatched yet?

Hard to say. According to the tracker it has upgraded from 'order recieved' to 'order progressing'.

:shock:
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Bustacapp wrote:
    OP has your parcel been dispatched yet?

Hard to say. According to the tracker it has upgraded from 'order recieved' to 'order progressing'.

:shock:

What did you order :?:
  • bompington
    Reading some of these posts makes me laugh. Comparing slightly slow service or failure to answer the phone to a chef pooing in your soup? Please.

As for "the Ribble that you so love and cherish"?! I must have missed the bits where anyone professed their undying love.

It's a business - they sell things to people, mostly over the internet. Now, it may be the case that they're not answering the phone because they're sitting around posting nonsense on BR, or throwing darts at a symbolic representation of a customer pinned to the wall, or out riding their bikes: or it may be that they're too busy.

Now if they made a promise to dispatch stuff in a set time, and haven't fulfilled it, then the OP has a legitimate gripe: but really, isn't it only a small gripe if the delay is only small?

If you think you'll get a better deal elsewhere,then go elsewhere. If you think complaining on here will benefit you or anyone else, then fine, complain.

Personally I'm a bit tired of the regular "XXXXXXXXX.com gave me slightly poor service they're evil and out to get me AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" threads we get here.

[/my own personal pointless whinge]
  • bompington wrote:
    Reading some of these posts makes me laugh. Comparing slightly slow service or failure to answer the phone to a chef pooing in your soup? Please.

As for "the Ribble that you so love and cherish"?! I must have missed the bits where anyone professed their undying love.

It's a business - they sell things to people, mostly over the internet. Now, it may be the case that they're not answering the phone because they're sitting around posting nonsense on BR, or throwing darts at a symbolic representation of a customer pinned to the wall, or out riding their bikes: or it may be that they're too busy.

Now if they made a promise to dispatch stuff in a set time, and haven't fulfilled it, then the OP has a legitimate gripe: but really, isn't it only a small gripe if the delay is only small?

If you think you'll get a better deal elsewhere,then go elsewhere. If you think complaining on here will benefit you or anyone else, then fine, complain.

Personally I'm a bit tired of the regular "XXXXXXXXX.com gave me slightly poor service they're evil and out to get me AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" threads we get here.

You sound mad. How about you avoid these threads if they anger you so much?
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Bustacapp wrote:
    bompington wrote:

You sound mad. How about you avoid these threads if they anger you so much?

Sounds sensible to me.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I'm sure someone else must have said this already, but I'm certain there was a banner on their last sale promo email stating they would be sending orders out late due to the demand arising from their sale reductions. can't have it both ways I say. Think CRC have the same issue when they have their big sales. CRC are also probably dealing with more returns these days due to their offer of free Collect+ returns service. I'm sure more people buy stuff (clothing in particular) on spec, safe in the knowledge they can send it back if it doesn't fit, wrong colour, etc etc. I know when i recently got some shoes i ordered 2 sizes knowing i could easily return the ones that didnt fit. With the best will in the world this must impact on their operation. mind you, that's CRC, not Ribble !
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Luv2ride wrote:
    I'm sure someone else must have said this already, but I'm certain there was a banner on their last sale promo email stating they would be sending orders out late due to the demand arising from their sale reductions. !
    there was a notice saying that which makes this thread 3 pages of nonsense.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Luv2ride wrote:
    I'm sure someone else must have said this already, but I'm certain there was a banner on their last sale promo email stating they would be sending orders out late due to the demand arising from their sale reductions. !
    there was a notice saying that which makes this thread 3 pages of nonsense.

That will be the OP doing that without any help from anywhere else. :P
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Some (more) top trolling from the OP
  • I've just ordered a bike rom Ribble, despite initially sending 3 emails asking for advice, and not receiving 1 reply. Now, because I researched the company before ordering I know this is the norm, and this what I expect. I've still not received any human confirmation about my order 3 days later. They offer real cheap decent builds, so I'm not complaining. They could be such a better company if they tried though, it's a bit of a shame and a waste in my opinion!

FYI anyone ordering a bike, I believe they're aiming for 3 weeks build-time at the moment (probably more like 4).
  • rolf_f
    greentea wrote:
    Is this a slight admission on your part that the Ribble that you so love and cherish, can, just sometimes...just a little bit...through gritted teeth....screw up on customer service now and then? :D

Its ok, i wont tell anyone.

I just exhibit a charateristic that seems increasingly rare - patience! TBH, it wouldn't really bother me that much if we were still in the old days of 'allow 28 days for delivery'. For example, I ordered a Gore Phantom from Wiggle yesterday. For all I know it might arrive tomorrow but it won't be cold enough to wear probably for the next month so why do I need to worry about it if it doesn't arrive tomorrow?

Mostly, when people say "I absolutely needed this thing for the weekend" what they actually mean is "I'll just have to do without - woe is me". It's rarely a big deal.
  • Sentral wrote:
    I've just ordered a bike rom Ribble, despite initially sending 3 emails asking for advice, and not receiving 1 reply. Now, because I researched the company before ordering I know this is the norm, and this what I expect. I've still not received any human confirmation about my order 3 days later. They offer real cheap decent builds, so I'm not complaining. They could be such a better company if they tried though, it's a bit of a shame and a waste in my opinion!

FYI anyone ordering a bike, I believe they're aiming for 3 weeks build-time at the moment (probably more like 4).

I ordered a bike on the 27th Aug and had read of the 15 working days 3 weeks time - i fired off an email for a rough date a week and a half in and my bike is booked to be built on Tuesday or the 15th working day so pretty much on schedule!

The bits i needed sooner for other bikes were ordered from Evans & Wiggle to get them quickly!
  • I also ordered on 27th of August. Emailed on Tuesday requesting an update. Got a reply on the Thursday saying should be ready on 17th.. Pretty much standard ribblecycles times
  • These threads invariably attract disgruntled punters.

For the sake of balance,I have bought loads of stuff from Ribble Cycles-what I ordered always arrived.I'd give any mail order company 5 or so days before starting to fret.Ribble don't make me fret.