TDF Stage 16 *SPOILER*

Comments

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Cummings still in the big GC group? Great ride.

Yeah, pretty cool. These Brits eh...

I like Cummings, he's come on bit by bit as a rider over the last 10 years or so.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Who was at home to watch this? I wish I was.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Sorry but Nibali just hasn't got it.

Just cannot make these small attacks stick at all.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Well that's harsh Monkey man! That final was Epic!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    If anything I think Wiggins has been keeping plenty in the tank. Whenever he's had to close a gap, or turn it up a notch (leading out EBH the other day) he's looked incredibly strong. There's just no point working when he's got team mates left to do it for him
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    Wiggins out climbs froome
    Mañana
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    AND VOECKLER TAKES OVER KOM BY 3 POINTS

Fireworks tomorrow for that jersey
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    kanto wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    kanto wrote:
    IS FROOME BREATHING YET?!

I thought he was going to go straight past Nibali. Same old story :roll: Froome the strongest rider in the race, and doesn't have the bottle to attack plodder Wiggins.

So strong he lost 30 seconds in the time trial to Wiggins.

That's why the TDF is more than TTing. Froome if allowed would have taken far more than the 30-60s on the mountains he would lose in a TT. Froome is a more rounded rider than Wiggins. But he doesn't have the bottle to show his true strength and would rather gift it to Wiggo.

Well, he'd need 60 seconds at least because there are two TTs...

Your boy Froomey didn't look too strong responding to that last dig from Nibbles anyway.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Fair enough to Nibs.

He's doing the best he can.

I guess he needs time on the people behind for the TT.

I did say on the Tourmalet this was going to be a borefest...

You'l get slaughtered by the "Radio Controlled Racing Fanboys" now for saying that !!!!
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    TV concentrating on Tommy V because the descent is so dull for the yellow jersey group.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Fair enough to Nibs.

You'l get slaughtered by the "Radio Controlled Racing Fanboys" now for saying that !!!!

Did you realise you'd junked your VHS?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    kanto wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    kanto wrote:

I thought he was going to go straight past Nibali. Same old story :roll: Froome the strongest rider in the race, and doesn't have the bottle to attack plodder Wiggins.

That's why the TDF is more than TTing. Froome if allowed would have taken far more than the 30-60s on the mountains he would lose in a TT. Froome is a more rounded rider than Wiggins. But he doesn't have the bottle to show his true strength and would rather gift it to Wiggo.

In reality Froome hasn't shown the consistancy to be given the role of leader yet so is having to 'pay his dues' as a super domestique, it makes no sense for Sky to risk a british win seeing as that's what they set out to do. Froome is doing what he's paid to do, unlike me.

As has been said before next year or the year after more like (if Wiggo wins this year) Froome will probably get his shot as long as he continues to perform well.

Also don't forget that Froome has been sick for most of this year so if I was in charge I wouldn't risk him being the leader, when you've got someone else who has been performing all year for you.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • kanto
    kanto Posts: 112
    TV concentrating on Tommy V because the descent is so dull for the yellow jersey group.

Another spartan ride from Voeckler. What a rider!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    ddraver wrote:
    Well that's harsh Monkey man! That final was Epic!

Yeah but the rest was dull though, wasn't it? My point is you can admire the effectiveness of a performance and still admit that it may not be the most exciting thing in the world.

See also: Spain in the Euros.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Fair enough to Nibs.

Must have been brief highlights?
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809

Guilty.

Gotta say, amazing performance from TV, and not quite a dud GC wise as it was threatening to be...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Le Commentateur
    kanto wrote:

Another spartan ride from Voeckler. What a rider!
    I actually thought it would be Rolland showboating today. Tomorrow then.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,183
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Fair enough to Nibs.

Fark me, that '84 Tour video must have been short - you're back already!
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,578
    nweststeyn wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Ahem? FF? Big Bean??

Don't worry, they have selective vision/hearing...

My vision is fine which is fortunate because, if I had blinked slightly, I might have missed it.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    AND VOECKLER TAKES OVER KOM BY 3 POINTS

Fireworks tomorrow for that jersey

looks like someone is going to be driving through the night from Italy again
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Jez mon wrote:

Guilty.

Gotta say, amazing performance from TV, and not quite a dud GC wise as it was threatening to be...

The only real change in GC is Cadel getting spanked, which happened the other day. We always new he was cooked.

Where's Tejay by the way?
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    TV treats himself to 1000m of mugging to the crowds
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Epic Ride Tommy V! Well done boy!

Really nice little town Luchon!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • prawny wrote:
    kanto wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    kanto wrote:

In reality Froome hasn't shown the consistancy to be given the role of leader yet so is having to 'pay his dues' as a super domestique, it makes no sense for Sky to risk a british win seeing as that's what they set out to do. Froome is doing what he's paid to do, unlike me.

As has been said before next year or the year after more like (if Wiggo wins this year) Froome will probably get his shot as long as he continues to perform well.

Also don't forget that Froome has been sick for most of this year so if I was in charge I wouldn't risk him being the leader, when you've got someone else who has been performing all year for you.

+1
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Chapeau Tommy V!
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    Yes, what a shower of a performance by Sky - utterly dominating the race and neutralising every attack with ease. What fools they are for not embarking on idiotic kamikaze attacks to keep the forum clowns happier. And Wiggins, what a joke, only able to dominate a TT by a mere 30 seconds and even has to resort to reeling in the attacks himself when his train begins to falter. :roll:
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Awesome by the front 2
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Great rides by Voeckler and Sorensen but are there two uglier riders (in terms of pedalling style) in the peloton?!
  • Le Commentateur
    prawny wrote:
    kanto wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    kanto wrote:

+1
    plus Brad has done the dress rehearsals of winning one-weekers.
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    Excellent win by Tommy V. Got to come out & do it again tomorrow to defend the KoM jersey. french TV will be loving it