TDF Stage 16 *SPOILER*

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Are they going that slowly that Evans - nearly a minute down - managed to come back?! Wtf.

Seriously you guys knock Contador, and this is what you get.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • kanto
    kanto Posts: 112
    edited July 2012
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    kanto wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    There you have it - you wonder why grand tour racing is boring the T*ts off a few people......Wiggins & Rodgers talking into the radio "What do you want me to do now boss" ....Best "Sportive" ive ever seen this year.

Mechanical riders making a mockery of the sport. The only justice of this tour would be to let Froome attack Wiggins. GC winner has already been decided, it is him or Wiggins, so let the true winner be decided between the two. No way any rider is going to gain enough time to offset the time Froome and Wiggins will take back in the pan flat TT, so I want to see Froome allowed to attack.

Think were in a minority kanto - merckx & Hinault etc must be Nodding off by now ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Exactly. If Froome puts in an attack and Wiggins is able to respond, or limit enough time, then I would say he is a worthy champion as he has been tested. Desirable champion, certainly not, but he deserves the win if he is able to respond. But this whole gifting it to Wiggins is an absolute joke. He won't be remembered as a champion if he wins it like this. Cycling is an individual sport raced in teams and not a team sport alone; sky seem lost to this.
  • frenchfighter
    Sorensen caught Feillu!!!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    We knock Contador because of his dodgy butcher, not his riding style....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Are they going that slowly that Evans - nearly a minute down - managed to come back?! Wtf.

People knock him for having banned substances in his pee, not for riding aggressively.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Oh no

Voeckler's on his own at the front.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Think i will go and put the 84 tour on and watch 2 greats in Hinault & Fignon go at it.....fed up with this Radio Controlled Shyte.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,578
    Perhaps we have all just been treated to three good GTs in a row, and now we are back to normal.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Voeckler or Cavendish are nowhere near as irritating as the moaners and whiners on here! If it is so shit and boring why waste your life continueing to watch? :P
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    Why did Liquigas do a load of work, thin the field right out then take their foot off the gas and let them all back on again?

Because um, it's Sky's fault don't you know?
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957

To be fair, I found his utter dominance of last years Giro much duller than this.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    This guy loves to give it his all doesnt he (Sorensen). Fortune favours the brace and all that. If he caught Voeckler I wouldnt actually mind.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    As I predicted, Nibali content to defend his podium position and perhaps win the stage.

Skys tactics are boring, but it's not their fault that the race has been boring. Such a shame that Evans hasn't got the legs, I was really hoping for a Wiggins/Evans duel this year.

It may be boring viewing for you but c'mon you have to tip your hat to the for the team performance.

Only had to look at Paris - Nice, Critérium du Dauphiné and Tour de Romandie to see how Sky would try and control this Tour.
  • alanjay
    alanjay Posts: 363
    kanto wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    There you have it - you wonder why grand tour racing is boring the T*ts off a few people......Wiggins & Rodgers talking into the radio "What do you want me to do now boss" ....Best "Sportive" ive ever seen this year.

Mechanical riders making a mockery of the sport. The only justice of this tour would be to let Froome attack Wiggins. GC winner has already been decided, it is him or Wiggins, so let the true winner be decided between the two. No way any rider is going to gain enough time to offset the time Froome and Wiggins will take back in the pan flat TT, so I want to see Froome allowed to attack.

want away....
  • disgruntledgoat
    Pross wrote:
    Why did Liquigas do a load of work, thin the field right out then take their foot off the gas and let them all back on again?

How many times as Nibali said he's going to attack?

How many times has Nibali attacked?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter

To be fair, I found his utter dominance of last years Giro much duller than this.

Like I say - some people don't like to see Champions of Sport, absolute pinnacles of athleticism of the sport. I do, but that is fine that others, like you, don't.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Aint got the legs innit?
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    kanto wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    kanto wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

Think were in a minority kanto - merckx & Hinault etc must be Nodding off by now ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Exactly. If Froome puts in an attack and Wiggins is able to respond, or limit enough time, then I would say he is a worthy champion as he has been tested. Desirable champion, certainly not, but he deserves the win if he is able to respond. But this whole gifting it to Wiggins is an absolute joke. He won't be remembered as a champion if he wins it like this. Cycling is an individual sport raced in teams and not a team sport alone; sky seem lost to this.
    Why, if Froome attacks and Wiggins matches him. They could both blow up tomorrow and lose the tour. Is that sensible riding? Might de exciting for us but Sky's whole reason for being here is not to make it exciting for us, it's to be in yellow come Sunday.
  • frenchfighter
    Pross wrote:

How many photos of Nibali attacking do you want? Over the years.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Iain must be loving this: As Basso moves to the front, adjust his jersey and begins to set the pace.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat

Like I say - some people don't like to see Champions of Sport, absolute pinnacles of athleticism of the sport. I do, but that is fine that others, like you, don't.

It was mainly because I knew the result would get decided in a courtroom and thus the whole exercise was rendered a farce, to be fair.

@gietvangent
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    What I don't get after a few weeks of the same old discussion is why so many of you on here still respond to frenchies 'unique' take on things?
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    ddraver wrote:
    styxd wrote:
    If this is the way cycling is going, I doubt it is worth watching when you don't have riders like Contador, Schleck, Sanchez, Gesink, etc.

Hopefully everyone'll start doping again, then we can watch some exciting riding.

Well to be fair to Frank, he's way ahead of you there! ;)

What you on about, he's been poisoned! Thats the only explanation for his shite performance.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Think i will go and put the 84 tour on and watch 2 greats in Hinault & Fignon go at it.....fed up with this Radio Controlled Shyte.

Good, don't forget to log off and stop ******* moaning!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Not much relevance to today though Frenchie....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    St Ivan still gets better as the weeks go on it seems.

He was nowhere come week one.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Pross wrote:

How many photos of Nibali attacking do you want? Over the years.

One

From this years tour

preferably from a day after he's told Gazetta he needs to attack (that should give you about the last 10 days to go at).

@gietvangent
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    As I predicted, Nibali content to defend his podium position and perhaps win the stage.

Skys tactics are boring, but it's not their fault that the race has been boring. Such a shame that Evans hasn't got the legs, I was really hoping for a Wiggins/Evans duel this year.

It may be boring viewing for you but c'mon you have to tip your hat to the for the team performance.

Only had to look at Paris - Nice, Critérium du Dauphiné and Tour de Romandie to see how Sky would try and control this Tour.

Oh I'm not complaining about Sky, everybody knew what they were going to do. It was up to the others to find a way to beat them and to this point they've all failed.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    by being too lazy to puch the pace.

LOL

Tommy V is an animal

the super-doms come to the fore
  • They need to be putting this pressure on two climbs ago too late now :roll:
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.