TDF Stage 16 *SPOILER*

Comments

• Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Jez mon wrote:
    Who was at home to watch this? I wish I was.

Guilty.

Gotta say, amazing performance from TV, and not quite a dud GC wise as it was threatening to be...

The only real change in GC is Cadel getting spanked, which happened the other day. We always new he was cooked.

Where's Tejay by the way?

I mean not quite a dud, as in we actually saw some (ineffectual) attacking...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Pross wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Fair enough to Nibs.

He's doing the best he can.

I guess he needs time on the people behind for the TT.

I did say on the Tourmalet this was going to be a borefest...

You'l get slaughtered by the "Radio Controlled Racing Fanboys" now for saying that !!!!

Fark me, that '84 Tour video must have been short - you're back already!

It's now on DVD :D .....came back to see Tommy V win as there was nowt else to watch as Leicester lad said it was a BOREFEST
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    dsoutar wrote:
    kanto wrote:
    IS FROOME BREATHING YET?!

I thought he was going to go straight past Nibali. Same old story :roll: Froome the strongest rider in the race, and doesn't have the contractual right to go against the instructions of his employer to attack plodder Wiggins.

What marvellous insight. When you understand pro bike racing, please feel free to come back to the forum.

FTFY
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • samiam
    samiam Posts: 227
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Fair enough to Nibs.

You'l get slaughtered by the "Radio Controlled Racing Fanboys" now for saying that !!!!

It's now on DVD :D .....came back to see Tommy V win as there was nowt else to watch as Leicester lad said it was a BOREFEST

Yet here you are..
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    HEAVYWEIGHT WIN

His 2nd this Tour.

Impressive.

Go get em Tommy Boy.

5th French win.

Congratulations Sorensen.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited July 2012
    Chapeau Vino and au revoir*.

*Won't be seeing him in a break again I reckon.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,632
    Oh Vino...
    Rich
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    HEAVYWEIGHT WIN

His 2nd this Tour.

Impressive.

Go get em Tommy Boy.

5th French win.

Congratulations Sorensen.

Indeed heavyweight - but he has been soft-pedalling on most stages! ;-)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,183
    Graeme_S wrote:
    If anything I think Wiggins has been keeping plenty in the tank. Whenever he's had to close a gap, or turn it up a notch (leading out EBH the other day) he's looked incredibly strong. There's just no point working when he's got team mates left to do it for him

You're wasting your breath, Froome put 2 seconds into Wiggins in the final sprint of a super steep MTF and briefly rode away from him on a stage last week when Wiggins sat on his main rival's wheel once the attack was brought back. Therefore it goes without saying that Froome would have mullered Wiggins if he'd been given a free rein (we'll forget the fact that Wiggins has never looked under pressure and that Froome struggle to stay with him at the finish of stage 8).
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    samiam wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Fair enough to Nibs.

Yet here you are..

so sorry to dissapoint you then
  • Le Commentateur
    Would be nice if Froome blocked a bit so Brad can grab a few cheeky seconds.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Yeah, so heavyweight that he started the day 44 minutes down on GC... picking and choosing what days you put an effort in doesn't make you the best rider.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,632
    How far does prize money go for a stage? At what point do they stop sprinting for places?
    Rich
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Pross wrote:
    You're wasting your breath, Froome put 2 seconds into Wiggins in the final sprint of a super steep MTF and briefly rode away from him on a stage last week when Wiggins sat on his main rival's wheel once the attack was brought back. Therefore it goes without saying that Froome would have mullered Wiggins if he'd been given a free rein (we'll forget the fact that Wiggins has never looked under pressure and that Froome struggle to stay with him at the finish of stage 8).
    Sorry - unlike Froome I went off script for a minute there :P
  • Le Commentateur
    edited July 2012
    Would be nice if Froome blocked a bit so Brad can grab a few cheeky seconds.
    Or maybe Brad blocking for Froome, considering the podium battle.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    nweststeyn wrote:
    Yeah, so heavyweight that he started the day 44 minutes down on GC... picking and choosing what days you put an effort in doesn't make you the best rider.

To be fair, he never said it did.

TV knew he didn' have the form of last year, so he picked his days and made them count.

Chapeau!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Sprint Nibs I need PTP points!!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Pross wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:
    If anything I think Wiggins has been keeping plenty in the tank. Whenever he's had to close a gap, or turn it up a notch (leading out EBH the other day) he's looked incredibly strong. There's just no point working when he's got team mates left to do it for him

Perhaps we could have a race where they are both riding by themselves for themselves without distractions or marking other riders or pulling the other along to see which one is the strongest...I know let's call it a Time Trial.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Yeah it was an incredible ride. KOM and the stage is hugely impressive. I just find it hard to agree with anything frenchie says :P
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    ddraver wrote:

Too many breakaway riders.
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Another stunning performance from sky confounding and frustrating the office boy experts.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Cracking ride from the Sky boys today. Another stage nearer Paris.
  • Vino to do an 07 and win by 5 mins tomorrow ;)
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Good ride by Wiggins and Froome and Nibs.

But anyone who thinks the GC has been exciting needs their head examined.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Very happy for Tommy V. Hope he can hang onto the polkadot over the next two days.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    afx237vi wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Too many breakaway riders.

Boooo! F**k you Tommy V!! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    iainf72 wrote:

There's always tomorrow, there's always tomorrow...
  • Le Commentateur
    Nibali left it too late. It didn't kick off until I cracked open my post-work beer – perfectly timed, it was as if a starting pistol had gone off.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It's done. The race was over last Monday.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    iainf72 wrote:

I'm not sure anyone thinks it's been thrilling just not being as down on it as some people and saying that the fingers are being pointed at the wrong people.