TDF Stage 16 *SPOILER*

Comments

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Evans blown completely, lost 1:30 according to CN.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    No.

Say that with 3km to go at the top of the Peyresourde when nothing's happened.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
  • kanto
    kanto Posts: 112
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    As I predicted, Nibali content to defend his podium position and perhaps win the stage.

Skys tactics are boring, but it's not their fault that the race has been boring. Such a shame that Evans hasn't got the legs, I was really hoping for a Wiggins/Evans duel this year.

It may be boring viewing for you but c'mon you have to tip your hat to the for the team performance.

Only had to look at Paris - Nice, Critérium du Dauphiné and Tour de Romandie to see how Sky would try and control this Tour.

Oh I'm not complaining about Sky, everybody knew what they were going to do. It was up to the others to find a way to beat them and to this point they've all failed.

The sad thing is that the only riders who would have taken the race to Sky were out early, such as Gesink and Sanchez. Nibali is a great attacking rider, but not strong enough up the climbs to break it open. I love Nibali, but I knew he wouldn't make an impact.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Evans has gone monkeyman - that's something...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    And again:

And Porte tries to come to the front but Basso reacts and moves back up.

Go Basso, blow these Blue Goons to Pieces.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    kanto wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    As I predicted, Nibali content to defend his podium position and perhaps win the stage.

Skys tactics are boring, but it's not their fault that the race has been boring. Such a shame that Evans hasn't got the legs, I was really hoping for a Wiggins/Evans duel this year.

It may be boring viewing for you but c'mon you have to tip your hat to the for the team performance.

Only had to look at Paris - Nice, Critérium du Dauphiné and Tour de Romandie to see how Sky would try and control this Tour.

Oh I'm not complaining about Sky, everybody knew what they were going to do. It was up to the others to find a way to beat them and to this point they've all failed.

The sad thing is that the only riders who would have taken the race to Sky were out early, such as Gesink and Sanchez. Nibali is a great attacking rider, but not strong enough up the climbs to break it open. I love Nibali, but I knew he wouldn't make an impact.

The crash was Sky's fault too was it?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Here we go
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Huzzah.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Nibali goes.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • samiam
    samiam Posts: 227
    Fuck yes!
  • kanto
    Nibali on the attack. A true rider!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Nibali goes.

Funnily enough, Froome is the only guy who actually needs to chase.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    BW and Froome only ones who repond
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • samiam
    samiam Posts: 227
    Wiggo puffing hard
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Sky can only react to the race as it plays out. Who is going to ride if they don't have to. They have ridden hard for the whole Tour and controlled it well, chapeau to them. Just WTF would anybody here do any differently in their situation?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    meh, froome is going to drag wiggins back to nibbles
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Froome and Wiggins going after him. Look at that, true panache and true champions :P
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Nibs can smell the waffles
  • disgruntledgoat
    As I live and breath....
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • kanto wrote:
    Nibali on the attack. A true rider!

Yeah and 2 other true riders ride back up to his arse
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • frenchfighter
    DG - Bellegarde sur Valserine stage last Wed. He attacked, took a minute, then got caught.

Here he goes now...better late then never.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    Sky can only react to the race as it plays out. Who is going to ride if they don't have to. They have ridden hard for the whole Tour and controlled it well, chapeau to them. Just WTF would anybody here do any differently in their situation?

This.

@gietvangent
  • kerry-man
    kerry-man Posts: 20
    I'll take Tommy Voeckler and his exciting attacking style with occasional stage wins any day over someone like Nicholas Roche who prefers to try and get a top 20 place in the tour and never tries anything.

Also its not Sky's fault for this being boring, its up to the other contenders to attack them as they need to put minutes into Wiggins not just seconds.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Like I said, Nibali will not get anywhere with this... a handful of seconds at most.
  • frenchfighter
    IS FROOME BREATHING YET?!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Damn those Sky riders defending their first and second places
  • disgruntledgoat

When did you become concerned about doping?

@gietvangent
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Did you see the tacks painted on the road at the top of the climb? :lol:
  • kanto

I thought he was going to go straight past Nibali. Same old story :roll: Froome the strongest rider in the race, and doesn't have the bottle to attack plodder Wiggins.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    I hope Gazetta is enjoying the 84 Tour video.