TDF Stage 16 *SPOILER*

Comments

• Wiggo looked to have moved up past the sky guys then onto leakygaz wheels?
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    "Hang the TJ - Hang the TJ - Hang the TJ ...testing testing 123
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    F Sky. Hate the fact Rogers and Porte can stay with these group. In fact it is downright odd......

It's hardly a who's who of great Tour climbers is it? Basso's style of riding is perfectly suited to how Sky want to ride, not sure what Liquigas are doing to be honest it's just helping Rogers and Porte to hold back on their stint so they can stay there longer.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    I hope Voeckler wins today.
  • Pross
    I'm not sure Evans is in good health, he looked rough on the TT stage and has struggled a bit in the mountains.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    F Sky. Hate the fact Rogers and Porte can stay with these group. In fact it is downright odd......

They should probably ban team mates.

Why case Basso though? He's got nothing to gain, has he?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Gazzetta67
    edited July 2012

the same porte and rodgers who are out the back every other tour year and now suddenly up the front....smoke,mirrors,fire etc etc
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    edited July 2012
    They're not actually going at top pace. People were comparing the previous pace to the etape. Basso is now just riding at a normal pace. Evans is just not on it, can't even match his teams pace. Nothing to see here.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Lichtblick wrote:

People knock him left right a F-ing centre but the guy has a determination and racing mindset that pays dividends for the fans and his pocket and palmares. 25000 x better than a top 20 GC rider.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

the same porte and rodgers who are out the back every other year and now suddenly up the front....smoke,mirrors,fire etc etc

That would be Richie Porte, best young rider at the Giro a couple of years ago... nope, no climbing talent there.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Pross
    Where's Dan Martin gone? Is he still stuck behind Voeckler and Feillu?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

the same porte and rodgers who are out the back every other year and now suddenly up the front....smoke,mirrors,fire etc etc

Usual Pro Race bollox being written. :roll:
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,632
    As long as it is not Vino. He won over Peyresourde in 2007. And was then busted...
    Rich
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

That would be Richie Porte, best young rider at the Giro a couple of years ago... nope, no climbing talent there.

I said the TOUR - now read it again
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I reckon he's got Tourettes. Those faces aren't normal.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Would love Jens or CAS to get this but, of the front two, Feillu gets my vote.
  • Gazzetta67
    Van hire den broucke needs to do something today
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    God I hate it when Liquigas get on the front and stop all the attacks! So boring!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

Where exactly did you say Tour? Surely being able to climb is being able to climb and if anything the Giro climbs are tougher??
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Pross wrote:

He's in the group in front of the Wiggins group. (Behind Vino)
  • disgruntledgoat
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

Where in the quote above did you say that?

Has Porte ridden the Tour before?

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Pross wrote:

Blew. Passed by Voigt et al and with the others from the break I think
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,578
    Lichtblick wrote:

People knock him left right a F-ing centre but the guy has a determination and racing mindset that pays dividends for the fans and his pocket and palmares.

I agree with this.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    SPOILER!!!! and reported as such

Sorry but there is a clearly marked thread for this stuff!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:

People knock him left right a F-ing centre but the guy has a determination and racing mindset that pays dividends for the fans and his pocket and palmares.

I agree with this.

Agreed. But he's still an irritating little fucker though.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Gazzetta67
    i said it in an earlier quote....ok if were splitting hairs i said he's done nothing of note in the tour....and yes he's ridden the giro.....so did Evgeny berzin and what happened to him ?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    <stir>

Porte's ride in the Giro was somewhat over-inflated by the 40 minute head-start he got because of the Aquila stage, no?

</stir>
  • Gazzetta67
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:

I agree with this.

Agreed. But he's still an irritating little ****** though.

Cavendish is more irritating than voeckler
  • Pross
    Evans nearly back, surprised Liquigas didn't push on more to stop him closing.
  • kanto
    kanto Posts: 112

Couldn't agree more. On stages like this, people like Porte and Rogers should only be setting up the stage, and we should get some serious riding from the other riders. Its just soft-pedalling the whole damn time. Evans has always struggled in the mountains during the tough stages, and when the big riders get firing, so it isn't anything new to see him struggling this year when he isn't in top form. Evans has always been a decent, but not a great climber, but at least he has shown some attacking spirit and fight during the tour. This whole Sky thing is utter crap, and this is the most boring TDF I've ever seen. If this is the way cycling is going, I doubt it is worth watching when you don't have riders like Contador, Schleck, Sanchez, Gesink, etc.

At least Voeckler has been lighting things up again. This whole tour will be remembered for the stage wins, as the GC battle has been a non event.