USADA files doping charges against Lance

Comments

• sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

If he does not fight it then you guys say it's because he knows he's guilty. If he fights it he is a buffoon and the logic is amazing.
    if he wants to fight it then man up and answer the USADA case and go through the proper channels. Don't start crying and run off to your mum by taking it through the US legal system
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    sherer wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

If he does not fight it then you guys say it's because he knows he's guilty. If he fights it he is a buffoon and the logic is amazing.
    if he wants to fight it then man up and answer the USADA case and go through the proper channels. Don't start crying and run off to your mum by taking it through the US legal system

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    I love the bit about "unconstitutional" too - No of course it is nt flipping constitutional. The US constitution is totally irrelevant to USADA or WADA or the UCI or any other form of Global Sport Government!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    sherer wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Not in this case, no one would criticise him for not bringing this lawsuit
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Rundfahrt
    Jez mon wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    sherer wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Not in this case, no one would criticise him for not bringing this lawsuit

Past history shows that certain people will criticize no matter what. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
  • ddraver
    Serious question Rundy - do you genuinely believe that Lance Armstrong thinks that this is the only way to clear his name? Or is it just delaying tactics? Or tactics to get the names of "the 10" or what?

In short, why do you think he has taken this tack?
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    ddraver wrote:
    Serious question Rundy - do you genuinely believe that Lance Armstrong thinks that this is the only way to clear his name? Or is it just delaying tactics? Or tactics to get the names of "the 10" or what?

In short, why do you think he has taken this tack?

I think he knows that the USADA process is set up to always come back guilty.
  • ddraver
    and do you think that is a fair reflection on USADA?
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    ddraver wrote:

If you were told that your trial would come down to three judges, one picked by the people accusing you, one picked by you and a third picked by both, but from a list compiled by the people accusing would you feel you have a real chance of proving innocence?
  • ddraver
    Is that a No?
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

If you were told that your trial would come down to three judges, one picked by the people accusing you, one picked by you and a third picked by both, but from a list compiled by the people accusing would you feel you have a real chance of proving innocence?

Well, if I'd signed up for those rules many times, and if my management had helped come up with the rules, I may feel slightly odd complaining about it. But Lance is from Texas, and there are only 3 things in Texas. Beers, Steers and Lying knobs.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    He'll fight until they surround his ranch in Texas. Alamo 2.0.
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I may be naive, but if I was innocent I would trust to the process.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • sherer
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

maybe that's the key here. If you were innocent.

Maybe LA just wants to do all he can to make sure none of the evidence goes public
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Gonnar be interesting. LA will fight USADA.
  • iainf72
    Dave_1 wrote:

This has all been tried before and doesn't work.

The more interesting thing is Floyd vs Vaughters THIS VERY SECOND on twitter.
  • sherer
    iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

This has all been tried before and doesn't work.

what are they posting ?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    iainf72 wrote:

Posts have been deleted. What was said?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:

Posts have been deleted. What was said?

Go to JV's page and click Tweets > All.

It's all boring though. Bitching in public is all very unbecoming for everyone involved.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Sorry, don't quite understand how to follow a tweet conservation. What's the story with Dekker and Geert? Ta.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    skylla wrote:
    Sorry, don't quite understand how to follow a tweet conservation. What's the story with Dekker and Geert? Ta.

Humpfff, old news..
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

As you can see by the post you responded to the process is not set up for innocence, it's set up to get a guilty verdict no matter what. Even if you are innocent if they charge you then you are going down.
  • iainf72
    Rundfahrt wrote:

As you can see by the post you responded to the process is not set up for innocence, it's set up to get a guilty verdict no matter what. Even if you are innocent if they charge you then you are going down.

If they charge you, it's because they believe they have enough evidence to win the case.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

If they charge you, it's because they believe they have enough evidence to win the case.
    More than enough if that piece you linked to the other day is anything to go by, at least I think it was you Iain.
  • luckao
    That's quite a bold accusation. Admittedly, some organisations aren't bastions of credibility. It doesn't seem likely that this one would be audacious enough to find somebody guilty in such a high profile case if the evidence was inadequate. If it was, Lance would lawyer them until his he got hand cramp from all of the bragging on Twitter, whereas his legal team appear to be grabbing at the straws so far.
  • Rundfahrt
    The problem is that, in order to compete in your sport you have to agree to it. There is no union fighting for the athletes rights or forcing it to be fair, it is just agree or don't play. USADA knows this so they set it up to always win the cases. Look at the situation I presented earlier and tell me if you think this would be a fair system anywhere else (unlike ddraver, who avoided it). Imagine your neighbor claims you have done something to his house and that is the system you have to try to prove your innocence under. I find it hard to believe anyone would be fine with a system like that where you had a choice of agreeing to it or (in this case) not being allowed to own a home. Unless it suits your opinion on this particular topic. Step back and ignore that it is Armstrong for a second and see if your opinion on the system changes.
  • luckao
    I really don't think Lance needs a union working on his behalf. If the organisation does lack credibility, or even the case itself, he has the people to expose that.
  • Rundfahrt
    Luckao wrote:
    I really don't think Lance needs a union working on his behalf. If the organisation does lack credibility, or even the case itself, he has the people to expose that.

The union part was more about cyclists in general. They get screwed by the ADA's, the race management and the UCI at every turn.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Still Lance was a big name cyclist and never complained about USADA, or tried to get some kind of riders union. You would have thought, being as unconstitutional as they (USADA) are, Lance would have complained about them before all this happened.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Rundfahrt
    Interesting how the angle keeps changing.