USADA files doping charges against Lance

Comments

• DavMartinR
    DavMartinR Posts: 897
    dennisn wrote:
    tremayne wrote:
    Good response and fair enough. As I mentioned, many others have also given up bothering whether a rider dopes or not.
    Slight correction there. I have not "...given up bothering...". I never started bothering. :wink:

You write this on the USADA flies doping charges thread?

O the irony!! :lol::lol:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • What are the chance's that Armstrong doesn't fight this? If he just does what he said he would do months ago and just says "I've had enough". If he does he can just keep saying what he's been saying "Its a witch hunt" "they bribed the confessions from them" etc. as we have seen there are plenty that will swallow this. The only problem with it is JB (is he that bothered with retiring ) Radioshack what happens there ? Can Armstrong chose not to defend himself but Dr. Fast Car and Co. go ahead and fight it?
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • iainf72
    That is the problem for LA right there. If the others defend themselves, it'll all come out and he's screwed. Dr F will want to mount some kind of defense because I'm sure the Italian law would like a bit more ammo for their criminal case

Bruyneel is a funny one. He was going to quit,then not. I wouldn't be surprised to find him boring the life out of Rick Chasey at his local Slug and Lettuce soon
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    That is the problem for LA right there. If the others defend themselves, it'll all come out and he's screwed. Dr F will want to mount some kind of defense because I'm sure the Italian law would like a bit more ammo for their criminal case

Bruyneel is a funny one. He was going to quit,then not. I wouldn't be surprised to find him boring the life out of Rick Chasey at his local Slug and Lettuce soon

I hope they don't fight it. Just let it be. TDF has become a side story again to the LA doping story, such a shame. That was why I was suggesting the 5 riders named, who we all know will be among the 10 witnesses, if we are really honest, should have left the race.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

I hope they don't fight it. Just let it be. TDF has become a side story again to the LA doping story, such a shame. That was why I was suggesting the 5 riders named, who we all know will be among the 10 witnesses, if we are really honest, should have left the race.

I don't think its become a side story at all, its got all the same coverage, here we've got itv4 doing more than they ever have, and noone on tv is mentioning the USADA case at all really.

Id hope they dont fight it too, if that by association meant they'd fess up, but that won't happen.

I don't think any of it effects the TDF much, well, Im enjoying the TDF as usual, sure most other people are too.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

In no way has the tour become a sideshow to this....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

TDF has become a side story again to the LA doping story, such a shame.

"..such a shame." Maybe for you all you can think about is LA but for myself and I'm sure more than a few others, we enjoyed ourselves spending a few hours watching today's stage and with no thought of LA. To be honest I sure wasn't going to spend 2 or 3 hours, apparently like yourself, seaching for Lance dirt when there is a TDF on.
    Good stage finish. Sorry you missed it.
  • cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279
    dennisn wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

"..such a shame." Maybe for you all you can think about is LA but for myself and I'm sure more than a few others, we enjoyed ourselves spending a few hours watching today's stage and with no thought of LA. To be honest I sure wasn't going to spend 2 or 3 hours, apparently like yourself, seaching for Lance dirt when there is a TDF on.

With UK Postal all over Twitter there seemed to be a lot of LA thoughts during today's stage. Sad but true.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

With UK Postal all over Twitter there seemed to be a lot of LA thoughts during today's stage. Sad but true.

Once again, sad for you, didn't bother me in the least and I'm sure it didn't bother the huge crowds at the finish, nor did it bother whole bunches of other TDF fans. Or most of the world for that matter. It really is sad that all you got out of today's stage was a bunch of LA twitter's. :(
  • cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Once again, sad for you, didn't bother me in the least and I'm sure it didn't bother the huge crowds at the finish, nor did it bother whole bunches of other TDF fans. Or most of the world for that matter. It really is sad that all you got out of today's stage was a bunch of LA twitter's. :(

It doesn't matter if you believe LA and the Postal team doped there hasn't been a display of such team dominance in the Tour like today since the Postal era. I actually like how UK Postal drilled it and dropped a lot of the GC contenders. I also couldn't help but think how much Contador would of crushed the last 500m.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

It doesn't matter if you believe LA and the Postal team doped.....

Here's a real question for ya. Is there anyone out there, anyone at all, who believes me when I say I don't give a SH*T who doped when or why? I realize that while some might read this as a kind of "...protest too much..." type of thing, I must say that, in all honesty, other than as a sort of sidebar to life or soap opera type of thing that I'm not interested. My interest in all this does kind of stem from wondering why others seem so obcessed. Maybe it's just me but the whole thing leaves me asking why bother yourself. Oh well, carry on men, you seem to be doing a fine job of worrying for the billions who don't care either.
  • iainf72
    But you don't really care about anything, do you?
  • mfin
    dennisn wrote:
    Here's a real question for ya. Is there anyone out there, anyone at all, who believes me when I say I don't give a SH*T who doped when or why? I realize that while some might read this as a kind of "...protest too much..." type of thing, I must say that, in all honesty, other than as a sort of sidebar to life or soap opera type of thing that I'm not interested. My interest in all this does kind of stem from wondering why others seem so obcessed. Maybe it's just me but the whole thing leaves me asking why bother yourself. Oh well, carry on men, you seem to be doing a fine job of worrying for the billions who don't care either.

Well if you don't care who doped, when or why, then its fair assumption to say that you don't mind cheating in sports, well at least in cycling. Fair enough.

But if you find it odd that some people like to take an interest and keep up-to-date with all these cases then why? People are interested in lots of things. It doesn't mean they're obsessed. Maaaaaybe its odder that you yourself might seem obsessed with people who in your eyes 'are obsessed about' a topic of which you claim to not care about whatsoever.

PS. Hope you recycled the hypothetical beer bottle.
  • dennisn
    iainf72 wrote:
    But you don't really care about anything, do you?

You'd be surprised. In any case I just threw that stuff in there to give you guys a break in the action. Sort of so you can regroup and have at it some more. It's great reading, if just a little hard to follow when the post's come fast and furious.
  • mfin
    dennisn wrote:
    It's great reading, if just a little hard to follow when the post's come fast and furious.

Try following the words with your fingertip across the screen as you read, it might make it a little easier.
  • dennisn
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    It's great reading, if just a little hard to follow when the post's come fast and furious.

Try following the words with your fingertip across the screen as you read, it might make it a little easier.

Ya, but what about smudges?
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    dennisn wrote:
    Here's a real question for ya. Is there anyone out there, anyone at all, who believes me when I say I don't give a SH*T who doped when or why?

I don't believe you. It seems that the only time you pop in to the Pro Race section of the forum is on LA doping threads... first to defend him, and more recently to say you don't give a toss. Seems to me that you give a big sh!t.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • dennisn
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Here's a real question for ya. Is there anyone out there, anyone at all, who believes me when I say I don't give a SH*T who doped when or why?

I don't believe you. It seems that the only time you pop in to the Pro Race section of the forum is on LA doping threads... first to defend him, and more recently to say you don't give a toss. Seems to me that you give a big sh!t.

So that's a no vote? :(:(
    Maybe it seems like I'm defending him because, well, on this forum someone needs to.
    If only for a very little sense of balance.
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    LA? For all his bullying, his intimidating, not to mention all the really nasty stuff he's accussed of.

But when it comes down to it (after he's had his feathers clipped) I might even feel sorry for him.
  • iainf72
    Lance files injunction against USADA

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/ ... aking_news

Buffoon.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    Lance files injunction against USADA

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/ ... aking_news

Buffoon.
    Sure knows how to go down fighting.
  • iainf72
    The logic they use is amazing

Oh well.
  • iainf72
    Ahhh, ESPN man says athletes have tried in this in the past. Never worked
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

If he does not fight it then you guys say it's because he knows he's guilty. If he fights it he is a buffoon and the logic is amazing.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    Rundfahrt wrote:

If he does not fight it then you guys say it's because he knows he's guilty. If he fights it he is a buffoon and the logic is amazing.

Surely only by people who think he doped?
    Mañana
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    Oh for F*cks sake....

Tool!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Quick question. Do you think Armstrong is guilty of doping. Why?

If he's really clean he can stand up and fight it in an organised hearing. He's trying to bypass the recognised anti-doping authorities process, one that all athletes must adhere to. Or do you believe it really is a vendetta and he won't get a fair hearing?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    Via @nealrogers

Tygart/USADA comment on Armstrong injunction: "Like previous lawsuits aimed at concealing the truth, this lawsuit is without merit."
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Timoid. wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Quick question. Do you think Armstrong is guilty of doping. Why?

If he's really clean he can stand up and fight it in an organised hearing. He's trying to bypass the recognised anti-doping authorities process, one that all athletes must adhere to. Or do you believe it really is a vendetta and he won't get a fair hearing?

Of course I think he doped. I just find it interesting that no matter what he does he is wrong. I have even seen one forum where people were saying that if he admitted it they would rip on him for x reasons. Some people have become so obsessed with him that everything he does or can do is bad and everyone else gets an excuse for not being taken down the same route.