• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    LangerDan wrote:
    FF - Your current avatar
    file.php?avatar=435085_1338924929.jpg
    matches the Radioshack bus curtains

Getty
    5091ee78b8a32f7ab682171edbf01f29-getty-511467522.jpg

Excellent observation skills, been wondering where the inspiration for that avatar came from!

As for Wiggins, he looks proper dorky, but i'd get over looking a bit dorky if I was British champion and leading the Dauphine!

Not surprisingly given his heritage he looks fabulous on a TT bike but a bit odd on a road bike, especially when he gets out of the saddle.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Lol, I just wanted something neutral. Something I knocked up a while back.

I reckon Wiggins' position looks fine. If anything it is when he is seated going up a tough incline that it looks bad as he leans forward a lot. Cornering it looks a little odd as his legs are so long so the extension is nuts.

5874620232_4e929841c5_b.jpg
    230-PIC284807748.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Whats occuring out there today then?
  • inkyfingers
    When I say he looks a bit odd I do of course mean relatively...i'd kill to look that "odd" on a bike!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    ^ Break has just over 2 mins. 44k to go from my slightly fuzzy stream.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    When I say he looks a bit odd I do of course mean relatively...i'd kill to look that "odd" on a bike!

he looks the most odd when he is in normal clothes, did you see that advert he was in where he got a bike out of the boot of a car for some kids? Looks like the sails of a ship covering the mast and cross pieces
  • smithy21
    FDJ on the front of the peloton. Not often you type that!!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    smithy21 wrote:
    FDJ on the front of the peloton. Not often you type that!!

Yeah!

Questioned by letour.fr, the team manager of the FDJ-BigMat team Marc Madiot explained his tactic, as some of his riders are setting the pace at the head of the peloton around about four minutes behind the two breakaway riders. “Today there’s an opportunity for a bunch sprint finish”, the Frenchman noted. “We aren’t the only ones to think so but it’s logical that we contribute nicely to the chase. If the breakaway gets caught with five kilometers to go, it’s fine for us. Our sprinter Nacer Bouhanni has his chance for winning. Yesterday, once he got dropped from the bunch, he saved his strength for today and finished easily.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    smithy21 wrote:
    “Today there’s an opportunity for a bunch sprint finish”, the Frenchman noted. “We aren’t the only ones to think so...

Damn, there goes my PTP pick for the day if that happens, but it is shaping up that way at the moment.
  • peterst6906
    Degenkolb taking a nice draft there from the cars. A little bit too long...

Break 1 minute ahead with 20 km remaining.
  • peterst6906
    Gap coming down quickly now.

30 seconds with 18km to go.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Gap coming down quickly now.

30 seconds with 18km to go.

Who's doing the chasing?
  • peterst6906
    15 seconds at 16.3km.

At this rate, the break will be caught at around 12-13 km. Should shape up for a good finish with plenty of distance left for some attacks.
  • smithy21
    All back together.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    I'm hoping we see a head-to-head of the 2 riders with possibly the ugliest sprinting styles in the pro peloton: Boasson Hagen and Dangleknob. The head-on shot will look like an on-coming exploding piston engine...
  • rick_chasey
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    I'm hoping we see a head-to-head of the 2 riders with possibly the ugliest sprinting styles in the pro peloton: Boasson Hagen and Dangleknob. The head-on shot will look like an on-coming exploding piston engine...

Think Boonen takes that category. :P.
  • ocdupalais
    OCDuPalais wrote:

He's not allowed any more success this season; let Ugliest Sprinting Style go to one of the yoof.
  • rick_chasey
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:

He's not allowed any more success this season; let Ugliest Sprinting Style go to one of the yoof.

:lol:
  • smithy21
    OPQ taking it up early.
  • ocdupalais
    EBH looks like he's on his own - thought they might try some lead-out practice without Cav for a change
  • smithy21
    Degenkolb also on his own- out the back. Mechanical??
  • rick_chasey
    Dengekolb puncture.

*sighs*. Difficult PTP for me this Dauphine.
  • ocdupalais
    Dangleknob out - Gilbert attacks!
  • ocdupalais
    Eddy!
  • smithy21
    Jesus. Dont think I have ever seen EBH so controlled. Absolutely nailed it.
  • peterst6906
    EBH
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Great work by the Sky Train there, did a great job setting that one up.

Anyone know why they were wearing OPQ jerseys today though?

Guessing the split was caused by the accident, so all on same time so Wiggins will get to TT in a crap suit?
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • inkyfingers
    Dengekolb puncture.

Me too, my whole season so far in fact. At this rate i'm going to need to do a Schleck and pull someething amazing out of the hat for the Tour to rescue my season.
  • ocdupalais
    smithy21 wrote:
    Jesus. Dont think I have ever seen EBH so controlled. Absolutely nailed it.

Yeah - not particularly ugly at all!
    Must be hanging out with Cav has sorted his style out (on the bike, that is)
  • rick_chasey
    Dengekolb puncture.

Me too, my whole season so far in fact. At this rate i'm going to need to do a Schleck and pull someething amazing out of the hat for the Tour to rescue my season.

Certainly has. You're barely breaking the top 20.