Dauphine 2012 Spoiler

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Nibs and Evans boh 'lost' their water bottles. Wiggins on the road. Menchov 5th overall. Rabo guy still fastest.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Nibs and Evans boh 'lost' their water bottles. Wiggins on the road. Menchov 5th overall. Rabo guy still fastest.

Chav's gone 14" faster @ 18km.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    If Froome beats Wiggins, would Sky rethink their tour plans?
    exercise.png
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    LangerDan wrote:
    Quick question - say your team has a lot of riders bunched together on GC, so they're all out on the road at the same time during this TT - how d'ya given them support? Do you pick your favourite two and let the others be tailed by neutral cars?

I've wondered this before, I think they must just pick their main favourites. Would be hard when you are somebody like Sky with Wiggins, Porte, Rogers and Froome who will all be on course at the same time and all could conceivably finish in the top 5 on the stage.

On the bigger races, I think they allow you send out your riders over a longer time period - ie they don't all have to go in GC order

Even in the final Tour TT?

They're point-to-point too, so they have to drive 50odd km back to get to their next rider.

They should just let them drive back down the course, that would brighten up even a Vuelta TT!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    TheStone wrote:

Nah.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    TheStone wrote:

Nah.
    +1
  • inkyfingers
    TheStone wrote:

Nah.

The Tour is three weeks away, plenty of time for Froome to pick up some weird and wonderful virus.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    Kelderman takes 1st place so far but not before he almost bins it on the last corner.
  • sonny73
    Kelderman takes 1st place so far but not before he almost bins it on the last corner.
    He did well to hold that together.
  • inkyfingers
    Chavanel faster than Martin at first time check...the conditions actually making this TT quite interesting.
  • Kelderman takes 1st place so far but not before he almost bins it on the last corner.

Quite a few almost joining the spectators on that last left hander...
  • rick_chasey
    Chavanel faster than Martin at first time check...the conditions actually making this TT quite interesting.

Lefevre's following Chav, not Tony - says Chav's properly up for it.
  • sonny73
    Froome 19 down.
  • sonny73
    Good ride from Froome.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Wiggins 11s down at checkpoint 1
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Froome finishes just 6' down
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    LangerDan wrote:
    Quick question - say your team has a lot of riders bunched together on GC, so they're all out on the road at the same time during this TT - how d'ya given them support? Do you pick your favourite two and let the others be tailed by neutral cars?

I've wondered this before, I think they must just pick their main favourites. Would be hard when you are somebody like Sky with Wiggins, Porte, Rogers and Froome who will all be on course at the same time and all could conceivably finish in the top 5 on the stage.

On the bigger races, I think they allow you send out your riders over a longer time period - ie they don't all have to go in GC order

Even in the final Tour TT?

They're point-to-point too, so they have to drive 50odd km back to get to their next rider.

Not sure it would be a practical issue for the final TT in the Tour, TBH. In races like the Giro where they might kick off with a TTT and then have an individual ITT a few days later, there will be several team "groupings" in the GC. I've certainly notices lower-ranked riders starting the ITT out of sequence. There is no fixed rule for this - its up to the commissaire, the race jury and the race organisers to agree the sequence.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • inkyfingers

Quite a few almost joining the spectators on that last left hander...

Dave Brailsford will have posted a man there in a big inflatable suit to stop Wiggins from hurting himself if he crashes.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Is today the last day?

Sunday is the final day

He's just pulling your leg.

Today is the last day, so there's no need to be picking anyone for PTP.

Honest

card-_1083700a.jpg

Unsportsmanlike conduct. Or at least it would be if the Mad Rapper played PTP.
  • inkyfingers
    Lots of riders moving up and down the rankings quite a lot between the first and second checkpoints.
  • frenchfighter
    50km/h average for this course over 50+ km is kind of insane.

Chavanel really been working to refind his super TT form of a few years ago. Looks like it is working - hope he places really well.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    1. Kelderman, 20.35

2. LL Sanchez, at 0.04

3. Amador, at 0.10

4. Rogers, at 0.15

5. Millar, at 0.29
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Showing Martin to take the jersey by 6 seconds going off the times at checkpoint 1
  • sonny73
    Wind really blowing!
  • rick_chasey
    50km/h average for this course over 50+ km is kind of insane.

Chavanel really been working to refind his super TT form of a few years ago. Looks like it is working - hope he places really well.

Coincides with a bike change...

I know Jeff Jones, TT expert on here reckons a lot of riders really suffer when their TT kit changes.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Lots of riders moving up and down the rankings quite a lot between the first and second checkpoints.

Most notably, all the Sky riders seem to move up.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    I never really think of Chavanel as a tester. He won the French TT champs three times, but a while ago.
  • rick_chasey
    inseine wrote:
    I never really think of Chavanel as a tester. He won the French TT champs three times, but a while ago.

S'how he won the Driedaagse.
  • Mick Rogers into the lead (of the stage) by 14'
  • frenchfighter
    Did you see that chainring!!
    Contador is the Greatest