Dauphine 2012 Spoiler

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Whats with all this racing?! Don't they know theyre just meant to sit and wait for the end of the week?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Moreno. Great rider for these finishes.

Shit Schleck Smoked, losing nearly 2mins again.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279
    Schleck got blown out the back of the pack. Oh wait...he's waiting for a big mountain to attack and show his true form. I wonder what Cancellara and Voigt are thinking? I wonder what Klodi and Horner are thinking? Can't have much confidence in his form and ability to go from sucky to potential Tour winner in this short of time.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I think Schleck is a write off for this Frenchie. It will be interesting to see if he is just targeting a particular stage or whether he is actually just in bad shape.

I fear it is the latter and he is just disinterested/disenchanted with the sport or his team but that may be a quantum leap on my part.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I'm sure they know much more than you...

(and seriously WTF would Klodi and Horner be doing any different? You Mean Chris Horner and Andreas Kloden right? The ones that ride for RNT? Sure as sh1t is brown they aint gonna do anything either! If you mean another 2 then I apologise)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • cycling5280
    ddraver wrote:

(and seriously WTF would Klodi and Horner be doing any different? You Mean Chris Horner and Andreas Kloden right? The ones that ride for RNT? Sure as sh1t is brown they aint gonna do anything either! If you mean another 2 then I apologise)

Yes, Chris Horner and Andreas Kloden. What I'm saying is those guys know but won't publicly state Andy's form is sh!t and that he's got a lot of work to do before even being considered a Tour GC contender at this point. I don't care and I think most people at this point don't care of his past results any more. It's what he's doing now and frankly it's crap when guys like Tony Martin and Chavanel are finishing in the lead group like today and Andy losing 2 minutes. Nevermind the TTs in the Tour if he can't even climb! You clearly are a Schleck fanboi if you can't even give him some heat for his bad performances the last two days when clearly he should have at least stayed in the main pack if not the lead pack.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    The past has told us Schleck's form in June means nothing come July. That's what people gripe about (including me). I'd still put money on him making the Tour podium this year.
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:

Yes, Chris Horner and Andreas Kloden. What I'm saying is those guys know but won't publicly state Andy's form is sh!t and that he's got a lot of work to do before even being considered a Tour GC contender at this point. I don't care and I think most people at this point don't care of his past results any more. It's what he's doing now and frankly it's crap when guys like Tony Martin and Chavanel are finishing in the lead group like today and Andy losing 2 minutes. Nevermind the TTs in the Tour if he can't even climb! You clearly are a Schleck fanboi if you can't even give him some heat for his bad performances the last two days when clearly he should have at least stayed in the main pack if not the lead pack.

I have nt given him heat or cool...I ve just pointed out where you re talking b*ll*cks...
    - @ddraver
  • cycling5280
    Timoid. wrote:

Anyway, back to Andy. Haven't read all the hoo-ha, but I though the commentators got it wrong - it looked like he was blowing pretty hard to me.

I agree. I expect him to announce a virus soon and miss the Tour. Then never work with Bruyneel again.

hahaha...I agree BUT they still have 2013 and 2014 to figure something out.
  • ddraver
    I don't think anyone thinks they ll be working together next year...Contracts don't mean so much when both parties are looking to get out of them.
    - @ddraver
  • cycling5280
    ddraver wrote:
    I don't think anyone thinks they ll be working together next year...Contracts don't mean so much when both parties are looking to get out of them.

Both parties or just the Schlecks?

“We all have a contract till the end of 2014, so when this year's Tour is done, there's still the Tours of 2013 and 2014,” Bruyneel said in a video interview with Sporza.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12025 ... z1wvoBpmsS
  • frenchfighter
    Great set of photos here for once. Wiggins thighs are about the same mass as his calves!

http://www.steephill.tv/2012/criterium- ... /stage-02/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Funny, isn't it: I can't be ars*d with TV soap operas, but I love all the little melodramas and sub-plots of bike racing.
    LL Sanchez seemed to have a problem with Nocentini at the finish today, even though Sanchez was ahead of him from what I could see. Anyone know what was going on?
  • frenchfighter
    Samu finished the stage 2 mins down. Dan Martin 10mins down. JJ and Fedrigo DNF.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Seeing as no one is interested and I'm just musing to myself, another nice little moment at the finish today was Tommy V bumping into Wiggins in the gallop to the line with about 150m to go (both were too far back to trouble the podium for the stage). Voeckler realised the pecking order and that he'd just body-checked the "pull-over jaune"; then, in a moment of "entente cordial", assisted Wiggins over the line with a helpful hand to the buttock. Once Wiggins had made sure there were no sneaky gaps of a second or more in the group, he extended T.V. a little wave. Innit lovely when we can all get along...
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:

“We all have a contract till the end of 2014, so when this year's Tour is done, there's still the Tours of 2013 and 2014,” Bruyneel said in a video interview with Sporza.

I could think of something intelligent to say but this sums it up better...

B*ll*cks!
    - @ddraver
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Froome had a good day too. Right near the front at the end. Looking good for the Tour.
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Seeing as no one is interested and I'm just musing to myself, another nice little moment at the finish today was Tommy V bumping into Wiggins in the gallop to the line with about 150m to go (both were too far back to trouble the podium for the stage). Voeckler realised the pecking order and that he'd just body-checked the "pull-over jaune"; then, in a moment of "entente cordial", assisted Wiggins over the line with a helpful hand to the buttock. Once Wiggins had made sure there were no sneaky gaps of a second or more in the group, he extended T.V. a little wave. Innit lovely when we can all get along...

Ah. That's what that was. I saw Wiggins get nudged out of the slipstream looking annoyed and wondered what had happened.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • cycling5280
    ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

B*ll*cks!

Now say something intelligent and please share your findings that both parties want out. I can't seem to find anything?
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

B*ll*cks!

Now say something intelligent and please share your findings that both parties want out. I can't seem to find anything?

Rich coming from you...

You think Bruyneel is happy? I don't... Seeing as how his name is on none of the RNT paper work and he just seems to hang around I'd say that its much more likely he l be hanging around somewhere else next year.

I could post a list of contracts that tunred out not to be when they money/will to go was there but I can't be bothered. Ok have one - Wiggins from Garmin to Sky, oh and that guy playing for Tottenham who wanted to leave for Man U but could nt and so just sulked...who was that..?
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    Looks like Samu's shoes are at least a size too big!

dauphine_2012_1d-1.jpg?t=1338977950
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Where does one find those SIDI socks? Have been after some for ages. Wearing Rapha Pro Team socks ATM which are lovely, but don't match my shoes :(
  • ddraver
    There's a shop near me wot does 'em - we should talk business! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    afx237vi wrote:
    The past has told us Schleck's form in June means nothing come July. That's what people gripe about (including me). I'd still put money on him making the Tour podium this year.
    Bruyneel said after yesterday’s stage that he saw something which gave him hope!
    Apparently, at the bottom of the Montivernoux climb Schleck was at the back of the field but he was at the front by the top.
    Bruyneel added “Andy said he’ll be ready for the Tour; I believe him“

Peace-pipe.
  • frenchfighter
    Getty
    5091ee78b8a32f7ab682171edbf01f29-getty-511467522.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Tony Martin crashes on a descent.
    Not good on the day before the ITT.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • frenchfighter
    Apparently not bad and he is back now.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Luis Angel Maté (COF) and Egoi Martinez (EUS) have 3.3 after 60km
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Oh WIggins.
    Getty