Dauphine 2012 Spoiler

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Dengekolb puncture.

*sighs*. Difficult PTP for me this Dauphine.

Me too, my whole season so far in fact. At this rate i'm going to need to do a Schleck and pull someething amazing out of the hat for the Tour to rescue my season.

Certainly has. You're barely breaking the top 20.

Yes, I'm well aware of that so knock that smug look off your face sunshine, it's still only June.

EBH continuing to win a fair few races, just not any really decent ones.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Huzzah!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Dan Martin:

“I was in the lineout, then looked up and saw the guys were going around it. I just followed the guy in front of me – I was going to stay on his wheel as he went around it, but at the last minute he decided to jump it instead.

“I looked and then suddenly there was a roundabout in front of me. I couldn’t do anything – I clipped the edge of it and almost held the bike up, but then clipped another guy’s wheel. That sent me over the top and into the curb. I hit my head really hard on it, and that is why I stayed down for a bit, just to make sure everything was okay.”

“We had very, very rough treatment for the French hospital. I was treated like a piece of sh*t,” he said of yesterday evening. Fortunately the scans ruled out fractures and, after sleeping as best he could, was taped up by the Garmin Barracuda officials today and started the stage.

“I guess I am made of pretty tough stuff,” he said. “Nobody could believe today that I was back on the bike and hadn’t broken anything. That is what the x-rays say, at least. We are probably going to get a CT scan when I get home, just to make sure, but I came away very, very lucky. My helmet was split in two.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Oh No! Not another one of 'those' threads :? Move it to C C.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Oh No! Not another one of 'those' threads :? Move it to C C.

Hah! That would be a good place for it!! Which Pro Rider can take the most limes and string? :lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Dengekolb puncture.

*sighs*. Difficult PTP for me this Dauphine.

I blame the Queen for my poor Dauphine PTP
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I may as well write this race off. I'm never going to be able to see any of it.

:roll:
  • rick_chasey
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... lemma.html

The troubles that face the leader eh?

Not just all the press, but having to faff with a different skinsuit. All that marginal gains gone to waste.
  • inkyfingers
    It does all sound petty, but at that level and in such a long TT those details can make a difference. Just a few seconds could make the difference between winning the stage, and with the relatively benign mountain stages to come it could cost the overall too.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/533138/wiggins-dauphine-time-trial-clothing-dilemma.html

Not just all the press, but having to faff with a different skinsuit. All that marginal gains gone to waste.

It's a bit ridiculous that they don't let him try on a selection.

Back when both the Tour and Armstrong were sponsored by Nike, he had yellow jerseys and skinsuits pre-made for him. You can see why now.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/533138/wiggins-dauphine-time-trial-clothing-dilemma.html

Back when both the Tour and Armstrong were sponsored by Nike, he had yellow jerseys and skinsuits pre-made for him. You can see why now.

For sure. That's certainly convenient.

You can imagine sky are going to be on the blower to le coq before July...
  • inkyfingers
    RichN95 wrote:

For sure. That's certainly convenient.

You can imagine sky are going to be on the blower to le coq before July...

You would have thought they'd already have been on the case with an Adidas copy of the Le Coq Sportif skinsuit, maybe the organisers won't let them.

Much like the "Trek" that Armstrong won his first Tour on.
  • rick_chasey
    Chunky side-wind reported.
  • inkyfingers

As forecast, fun will occur if that changes during the day...

Don't often get such loooong TTs these days, will be interesting to see the gap between the top times and the bottom times, I would have thought that it could be well over 10 minutes on this length of course.

Barring freaky weather changes and mechanicals it's a battle for third today isn't it?
  • rick_chasey

Don't often get such loooong TTs these days, will be interesting to see the gap between the top times and the bottom times, I would have thought that it could be well over 10 minutes on this length of course.

Barring freaky weather changes and mechanicals it's a battle for third today isn't it?

Really? Who's 1 & 2? Wiggo & Martin?

Evans can put in a serious TT when he wants to.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,161
    RichN95 wrote:

Coq aren't going to get good publicity if the suit doesn't fit or if Wiggo says it cost him the race. What are they thinking about? They don't need any more skinsuits for the Dauphine, maybe the jobsworth wanted to keep the spares as a souvenir

Edit - and didn't want Bradley's skid marks.
  • inkyfingers

Really? Who's 1 & 2? Wiggo & Martin?

Evans can put in a serious TT when he wants to.

I'll be very surprised if the top two isn't Martin and Wiggins (barring big weather changes or mechanicals). Martin won the TT in the Tour of Belgium, but there were no riders of Wiggins or Evans calibre there to judge that win against. If they are both at 100% i'd say Martin will win, but i'm not convinced he's back to his best yet so have plucked for Wiggins in PTP.

Evans is a very good TTer, but I think Wiggins and Martin are better. I know that Evan's nearly won the final Tour TT last year, but as we all know, TT's in the 3rd week of GT's are a different beast.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    [quoteEvans can put in a serious TT when he wants to.][/quote]

Maybe he didn't want to last year......... :D
  • rick_chasey
    Evans can put in a serious TT when he wants to.]

Maybe he didn't want to last year......... :D

I remember last year he lined up with a really budget front wheel - rather than a TT specific front wheel.

Seemed to me to be a sign that he wasn't really going for it.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Andy has crashed and is injured.

Fastest time by the prologue winner (by a huge margin)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    iainf72 wrote:

Schleck back riding - its worth pointing out he had lost a shedload of time before the crash...
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:

Wind related given Durand is saying riders can't even hold onto their TT bars?
  • frenchfighter
    iainf72 wrote:

That is convenient for him. Gives him some sympathy, some rest and no loss of face when he finishes the race 30mins down.

Praying Mantis Alert.
    175-IMG_3939a.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    Hold on to your horses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Damage

1. Durbridge, 1.04.49

2. Tjallingii, at 2.00

3. Meyer, at 3.00

4. Rosseler, at 3.26

5. Pate, at 5.46

Sylvain Chavanel (OPQ), seventh on GC, talked to letour.fr after riding the course this morning: “I’ve just done it”, the Frenchman said. “There’s a crazy wind. Sometimes it blows on our back, sometimes it’s three-quarter headwind!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Already riders well over 10 mins down. Vanmarcke nearly 14 down.
  • Is there genuinely a feed area on the course?

PROFIL.png
  • sportbilly1976
    sportbilly1976 Posts: 524
    edited June 2012
    Hold on to your horses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getty
    d59e08832b362cc2a6c35932e593f1b4-getty-511492554.jpg
    56c650ee4c07bf68a989537bc5366c9d-getty-511492559.jpg

I'd like to see him try and walk through the "Nothing to Declare" passage in any airport with that on his back ;)