Dauphine 2012 Spoiler

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Hold on to your horses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getty
    d59e08832b362cc2a6c35932e593f1b4-getty-511492554.jpg
    56c650ee4c07bf68a989537bc5366c9d-getty-511492559.jpg

He looks deformed.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    In longer TT's there will be a place you can hand a bottle etc, as they can't get it from the car.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited September 2015
    del
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Hold on to your horses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getty
    d59e08832b362cc2a6c35932e593f1b4-getty-511492554.jpg
    56c650ee4c07bf68a989537bc5366c9d-getty-511492559.jpg

He looks deformed.

The bells!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    1. Durbridge, 1.04.49

2. Grabsch, at 1.32

3. Roux, at 1.35

4. Westra, at 1.45

5. Tjallingii, at 2.00

6. Teklehaimanot , at 2.41 (Promising)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • the top 12 (David Millar onwards) are off from 1.53pm UK time, with Wiggo starting at 2.15pm
  • frenchfighter
    Scary form.

Luke Durbridge talked to letour.fr: “For my first time that I engaged myself in such a long effort, I did pretty well. I rode on the edge all the way. Maybe I went too slow. I didn’t run out of legs and I almost crashed in the last curve. I might have gone a little bit too conservative at the start. I was a bit scared of how long it was. The last three days have been really tough for me. I’ve been suffering just to hold in the peloton. I had to dig really deep just to keep going. Today is the biggest test of all time trials we’ve done for the Australian Olympic selection. After that, I guess the selectors will decide if I go to London or not but sometimes I’m not sure if it’s fair because riding three days in the Dauphiné isn’t what you do before the Olympic race. There’s obviously some fatigue now but it’s up to the selectors to decide.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    EBH coming through very fast.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162

Yep cmon EBH - 35 seconds to make up over 13k
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    josame wrote:

Yep cmon EBH - 35 seconds to make up over 13k

Just over a minute down in the end. Durbridge's time looking very good, but the really TT big hitters are all still to come.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    Ooh, going to painful for Andy sleeping.

helmet.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    RadioShack directeur sportif Johan Bruyneel told reporters about Andy Schleck’s crash: “There was a lot of wind. Andy crashed in a curve going to the right. The wind blew him away. He went back on his bike straight away but he got a flat tyre five or six kilometers further and had to use a reserve bike. He had started pretty well but his confidence was destroyed by the crash. So he reached the finishing line only with the aim of not crashing. I don’t know yet how his wrist is. We have to figure out the consequence of this crash. Andy is disappointed. He wanted to do a time trial against himself, not against the others. It’s pure bad luck.”

Pretty harsh that its the wind.

Kiriyenka and Tejay going fast.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Ooh, going to painful for Andy sleeping.

helmet.jpg

Why?. Is the FDJ rider donning his gimp helmet and heading to Andy's room?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • frenchfighter
    Ah, two things unrelated.

Kelderman of Rabo goes 15 secs faster than Luke at 18km
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Why is the FdJ rider getting changed in an office?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Ah, two things unrelated.

Kelderman of Rabo goes 15 secs faster than Luke at 18km

He belongs in the basement.
  • rick_chasey
    Big tone's out the start blocks.

Looks very windy.
  • rick_chasey
    Quick question - say your team has a lot of riders bunched together on GC, so they're all out on the road at the same time during this TT - how d'ya given them support? Do you pick your favourite two and let the others be tailed by neutral cars?
  • Cadel off now too..
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Is today the last day?
  • jeez....Cadel almost over cooked one of the first corners!
  • Is today the last day?

Sunday is the final day
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Quick question - say your team has a lot of riders bunched together on GC, so they're all out on the road at the same time during this TT - how d'ya given them support? Do you pick your favourite two and let the others be tailed by neutral cars?

Didn't Contador win a TT, whilst in yellow, being followed by a neutral car (or even motorbike)?
    His brother had to drive him to the start as Lance has sent all the cars to the airport to pick-up his family.

.... or something like that!
    exercise.png
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

I've wondered this before, I think they must just pick their main favourites. Would be hard when you are somebody like Sky with Wiggins, Porte, Rogers and Froome who will all be on course at the same time and all could conceivably finish in the top 5 on the stage.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    Is today the last day?

Hehe, LOOONG way to go Mr :).
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132

I've wondered this before, I think they must just pick their main favourites. Would be hard when you are somebody like Sky with Wiggins, Porte, Rogers and Froome who will all be on course at the same time and all could conceivably finish in the top 5 on the stage.

On the bigger races, I think they allow you send out your riders over a longer time period - ie they don't all have to go in GC order
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    stuff

That signature looks familiar!
  • rick_chasey
    LangerDan wrote:

On the bigger races, I think they allow you send out your riders over a longer time period - ie they don't all have to go in GC order

Even in the final Tour TT?

They're point-to-point too, so they have to drive 50odd km back to get to their next rider.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Is today the last day?

Sunday is the final day

He's just pulling your leg.

Today is the last day, so there's no need to be picking anyone for PTP.

Honest
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!