It's Official Schleck Brothers Suck

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Not really 'Official' - but yeah they do.

Wiggins for the Tour !
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Posters starting threads just to publicise their own blogs really irritates me.

Don't know why. Doesn't do me any harm. But it irritates.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Thought Provoking. :roll:

Not like's its something that hasn't been discussed 3 million times...
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    So you think the Schlecks should be more like Pozzato?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Be nice to the newbie :P.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Lazy and easy writing does not equal good writing...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • LeicesterLad

Be nice to the newbie :P.

Sorry Sheriff :oops:
  • rick_chasey
    Bruyneel has told Tageblatt in Lux that no rider is assured of his Tour place and season so far has been 'worthless'.

Says Friebe.

Bit rich coming from a man who only cared about one race a year - and that hasn't happened yet.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Maybe. But it was the biggest race on the calendar and he won it straight - 8 or 9 times? It must be galling for him to have 2 x possible contenders who don't seem to have what it takes. In Contador, he had a winner (I'll not go into the history) and Armstrong a winner with the utmost determination and ferocious leadership (I won't comment on any other history)
    M.Rushton
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    mrushton wrote:
    Maybe. But it was the biggest race on the calendar and he won it straight - 8 or 9 times? It must be galling for him to have 2 x possible contenders who don't seem to have what it takes. In Contador, he had a winner (I'll not go into the history) and Armstrong a winner with the utmost determination and ferocious leadership (I won't comment on any other history)

Andy has come 2nd in the Tour for the last 3 years (promoted to winer once). The guy who's generally regarded as the GT rider to beat isn't riding.

Andy isn't a "possible" contender. If the Hog doesn't feel that he's getting the most out of him, then that is as much to do with his probable one-dimensional management style as it is Andy's mentality.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Andy has won the Tour de France and been runner-up in three Grand Tours. He has won LBL and has 7 top tens in Ardennes classics. He's still only 26.

Frank has won the Tour of Switzerland, Amstel Gold, Criterium International and an Alpe d'Huez Tour stage. He's been on the podium of the Tour, LBL and Lombardy.

If you think they 'suck' then you're an idiot.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    RichN95 wrote:
    Andy has won the Tour de France and been runner-up in three Grand Tours. He has won LBL and has 7 top tens in Ardennes classics. He's still only 26.

Frank has won the Tour of Switzerland, Amstel Gold, Criterium International and an Alpe d'Huez Tour stage. He's been on the podium of the Tour, LBL and Lombardy.

They don't suck, but their attitude seems to.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Has anyone actually clicked the link? I did so you don't have to:
    So who should lead Radioshack? Not Horner...he sucks too at time trialing when in form. Maybe Klodi? Definitely Jens Voigt...because he'll bust his ass every single day, not give up, ride harder in the rain, go faster on the descents and LISTEN to Johan Bruyneel!!!

Quality.
  • LeicesterLad
    RichN95 wrote:

Thats my stance. I will never deny that they are very capable riders. But their attitudes do stink.
  • afx237vi

This. When people complain about the Schlecks, it's not their palmares they're complaining about.
  • rick_chasey
    afx237vi wrote:

This. When people complain about the Schlecks, it's not their palmares they're complaining about.

*sighs*

Andy Schleck is the most daring of all the proper GC contenders I've ever seen*

* I'm only young
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601

And of course you have had better results than either of them???? You make more money than they do?? You're riding for a better team than them???? You have more endorsments than they do???? Of course you do, 'cause they suck, right??? :roll: :roll:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    afx237vi wrote:

Having said that, both of their palmares could be even better though, particularly Andy's. You'd have thought he'd have a good shot at winning races line the Dauphine or Pais Vasco if he wanted, particularly with Bertie banned.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • LeicesterLad
    afx237vi wrote:

*sighs*

* I'm only young

Again, that he might be, but his attitude still sucks. And i'd say Contador is more daring.
  • rick_chasey
    afx237vi wrote:

*sighs*

* I'm only young

Again, that he might be, but his attitude still sucks. And i'd say Contador is more daring.

Meh, not sure about that.

Andy lays it on the line in a way Contador doesn't.

Contador attacks because he knows he's faster. Schlecky boy doesn't, but tries it anyway, since he know he won't win following wheels all day.
  • LeicesterLad
    afx237vi wrote:

*sighs*

* I'm only young

Meh, not sure about that.

Andy lays it on the line in a way Contador doesn't.

Contador attacks because he knows he's faster. Schlecky boy doesn't, but tries it anyway, since he know he won't win following wheels all day.

That may be. Less daring more lack of tactical ability. Even so, Shleck attacked on A mountains tage last year and In L-B-L. Bertie on the other hands attacked in virtually every stage of the giro, and rides almost every race to win...
  • LeicesterLad
    Anyway Rick, lets not fall out. We all agree the original post was a load of steaming turd. A. Schleck can ride a bike (uphill). But he's a bit of a gimp. The end.
  • rick_chasey
    Anyway Rick, lets not fall out. We all agree the original post was a load of steaming turd. A. Schleck can ride a bike (uphill). But he's a bit of a gimp. The end.

I'm not falling out - I enjoy defending Andy :)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

That may be. Less daring more lack of tactical ability. Even so, Shleck attacked on A mountains tage last year and In L-B-L. Bertie on the other hands attacked in virtually every stage of the giro, and rides almost every race to win...

Maybe then the Schlecks need an imminent doping ban so that they ride as though it's the last race they'll do for two years
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • LeicesterLad

I'm not falling out - I enjoy defending Andy :)

His riding ability doesn't need defending, though. We are all agreed. Now if you don't quit i'm going to murder Tom Boonen.
  • LeicesterLad
    RichN95 wrote:

Maybe then the Schlecks need an imminent doping ban so that they ride as though it's the last race they'll do for two years

Might not be long...would be very naive to believe Andy has never been on the juice wouldn't it?
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:

Bruyneel might 'ban' them out of spite if they're not careful ;).
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

*sighs*

* I'm only young

For me it's not really their racing style, either. I respect them both as cyclists, although like inkyfingers says, I certainly think they could have won more if they raced to win in other races throughout the year.

My only gripe is with their complaining. About everything. The weather, the danger, the tactics of other teams, the other riders... good lord they moan a lot. I know other cyclists moan too, but they moan in front of journalists and TV cameras, so can you imagine how much they moan on the team bus and in hotels? It can't be good for morale.

Now they're even moaning about being made to ride separately. There was an interview with Frank at the start of the Giro and he was like "of course it's difficult, we're stronger together, but we Skype and talk to each other every day..." For the love of god, you're 32 and 26 years old! Even Sean Kelly was taking the p*ss.
  • LeicesterLad
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

*sighs*

* I'm only young

For me it's not really their racing style, either. I respect them both as cyclists, although like inkyfingers says, I certainly think they could have won more if they raced to win in other races throughout the year.

My only gripe is with their complaining. About everything. The weather, the danger, the tactics of other teams, the other riders... good lord they moan a lot. I know other cyclists moan too, but they moan in front of journalists and TV cameras, so can you imagine how much they moan on the team bus and in hotels? It can't be good for morale.

Now they're even moaning about being made to ride separately. There was an interview with Frank at the start of the Giro and he was like "of course it's difficult, we're stronger together, but we Skype and talk to each other every day..." For the love of god, you're 32 and 26 years old! Even Sean Kelly was taking the p*ss.

That's creepy.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    RichN95 wrote:

Bruyneel might 'ban' them out of spite if they're not careful ;).

wonder if this team could fall apart by july? Perhaps Kim Andersen has a hand in it..definitely a power struggle ongoing in that outfit