Crudcatcher Weekend Ride - Inners/GT - 27/28/29 Jul

Comments

• Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Thhhhreeeeeeeeeeeeee daaaaaaaaaaayyyyssssss :D

I do hope tesco do a deal on monster energy and jelly babies before we set off :lol:

Just got the car ready, bought a tarpaulin from tesco so thats gone in... car is now a van lol.

Going for a gentle ride tomorrow to get rid of some cobwebs, after that it will be a case of turning the front room into a heathrow baggage terminal :D

It'll take you 3 hours to get out!
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Richie63 wrote:
    Thhhhreeeeeeeeeeeeee daaaaaaaaaaayyyyssssss :D

I do hope tesco do a deal on monster energy and jelly babies before we set off :lol:

Just got the car ready, bought a tarpaulin from tesco so thats gone in... car is now a van lol.

Going for a gentle ride tomorrow to get rid of some cobwebs, after that it will be a case of turning the front room into a heathrow baggage terminal :D

It'll take you 3 hours to get out!

And a full body search....
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Do any of you homos need a brand spanking new set of XT chainrings? (triple)

If so, £40 for those on the cruddy weekender. Let me know and I'll bring them with me.
  • Proutster
    I've got some slabs, bricks and garden canes I can bring along if anyone's interested.....
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Proutster wrote:
    I've got some slabs, bricks and garden canes I can bring along if anyone's interested.....

Are the garden canes mostly 7/8ft tall?
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Proutster
    pilch wrote:
    Proutster wrote:

Luckily for you, yes - I think there's about 35 of them, give or take a compost bin (no lid).
  • pilch
    Proutster wrote:
    pilch wrote:
    Proutster wrote:

Luckily for you, yes - I think there's about 35 of them, give or take a compost bin (no lid).

Dammit! if only they were 9/10ft then i'd bite yer arm off

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Proutster
    2 x packs of Haribo Mega Party Mix (approximately 30 individual mini bags) just purchased for the collective good :D
  • cat_with_no_tail
    The wife has also just informed me that she's just finished putting pink icing on 20 cakes. :lol:

And no, that's not a euphemism.
  • thekickingmule
    2 Disposable BBQ's are in the boot of the car. Not sure if anyone is bringing any, I can buy a couple more if necessary.

I'm leaving the trangia at home, as I need the pocket space, so someone else better bring a form of kettle, or there'll be hell to pay in the morning :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    2 Disposable BBQ's are in the boot of the car. Not sure if anyone is bringing any, I can buy a couple more if necessary.

I'm leaving the trangia at home, as I need the pocket space, so someone else better bring a form of kettle, or there'll be hell to pay in the morning :lol:

I only have a hexy stove but will try and pick something up tomorrow when I am getting the rest of the stuff I need. Couldn't survive a weekend without coffee
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • pilch
    Got one of those portable gas cookers that run off those aerosol type gas canisters...and most importantly a frying pan

29er race

29er bouncer
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I've got a gas camping stove (takes the small blue canisters) kicking about at my parents, can go and get it if that's any good? It'll probably take abuot a week to boil water though :lol: Can't we just buy a tea/coffe from somewhere nearby?

Edit: Looks like pilch has it covered.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Proutster
    I've just bought some firelighters for the BBQ that's (apparently) provided with the Bails & Proutster Country Manor and will also be bringing BBQ Briquettes.
    The guys staying in the wigwam have a fridge and (I believe) a BBQ, as well as a picnic table outside.

Might be a lot better cooking for a few of us on that than the disposable ones (they seem to lose their heat v.quickly to me) + BBQ'd bacon for brekkies :D
  • thekickingmule
    The more cooking vessels the better imho. If we don't use the disposable BBQ's, I'll use them another time, no biggy.

I'm slightly concerned, I've packed everything..... so why do I feel like I'm missing something!? I've even packed the uplift form! Hmmmm
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Proutster
    The more cooking vessels the better imho.

Agreed - there will be 12 hungry mouths to feed!!!
  • bails87
    Mule: Bike?! :lol:

What time are people expecting to be at GT?
    MTB/CX

• cat_with_no_tail
    Right, the out-of-office has now been set on my inbox.

Countdown has begun until I can GTFO and time seems to have stood still.

Bails, I reckon people will probably start arriving after lunch.
  • bails87
    Ok, we won't be the first ones to arrive then, simply because it'll take so long to get up there.

Will try to be there as early as possible though as an afternoon bimble around GT will be spot on after 6 hours in the car.
    MTB/CX

• cat_with_no_tail
    I'm thinking we'll arrive about 2-3pm. Depends what time we set off from Richies though. It's probably about 5hrs from there.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    anybody not doing the uplift on saturday, been quite busy and not had a chance to book yet, so dunno whether to sign up or just tag along with anyone not doing it, if anyone is
  • thekickingmule
    It's the Sunday for the uplift. Not sure if anyone's not doing it. I'd recommend it, otherwise you'll only go up and down once, whereas with the lift you'll get to go down several times, and it's completely worth it!
    bails wrote:
    Mule: Bike?! :lol:
    :lol: Yep, that's in the back garden drying off a little (not that it's clean though!).

Right, I'm packing everything up and heading out to Bury. If I forget anything, then I'll have to go to a shop.

See you guys tomorrow or Friday!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cat_with_no_tail
    As far as I'm aware, everyone is doing the uplift, although quite a few will be avoiding the DH and just using the uplift to get to the top of the XC descent. I agree with mule. It's £40 well spent if you do it, especially as we're all likely to be cream crackered from the (Thurs) Fri and sat.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Right then TOMORROW IT BEGINS and in preparation ( with a little help from daughter - and before you mention it she's not going to Portugal ) Tent erected
    P7250467.jpg
    inside
    P7250464.jpg
    Comfy blow up matresses for all
    P7250465.jpg
    Brew KIt
    P7250463.jpg
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    lawman wrote:
    anybody not doing the uplift on saturday, been quite busy and not had a chance to book yet, so dunno whether to sign up or just tag along with anyone not doing it, if anyone is

me and my mate aren't doing the uplift due to lack of funds. Will most likely walk up the red and do the run down before either finishing with cadon bank or one of the DH lines. More than welcome to join us for the long slog up.

EDIT: Looks like I will probably be first there (what with being all of 1hr 15 away :lol: ). My original plan was to just head up to buzzards nest car park and FR area but do you want me to get us an area at campsite first?
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Richie63 wrote:
    Right then TOMORROW IT BEGINS and in preparation ( with a little help from daughter - and before you mention it she's not going to Portugal )

You sir, are a legend!

I'm coming prepared with presents for the missus and kids (the good kind, not the creepy "come look at this puppy in my van" kind). To make amends for grubby MTBers taking over your house with grubby bike stuff and camping equipment. :lol:
  • thekickingmule
    Do you mean we have a mattress each? If so, I'll leave my camping mat here :D As the tail-less cat said, you sir, are a legend!
    I've made flapjacks for us, though it turns out I only made 12, so there may not be many left by the time we get to scotland :lol:
    Ritchie, I could do with your address :)
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Ok homos, I'm off.

Keith, Richie, I'll see you both tomorrow.

Keith, Richie mentioned he was gonna give you a bell tonight to sort out the address. If not, don't worry, I know roughly where he is and we can give him a bell on our way over the peaks. (We head through Glossop and over snake pass).

Everyone else. We'll see you on Friday afternoon up around Glentress somewhere. Give me a bell or a text or something and we'll arrange to meet up.

Any questions or problems, just drop me a line.
  • thekickingmule
    Nice one. We may have to come via my parents as my CRC package has arrived today as I'd hoped. My Mum will text me when it arrives, hopefully whilst I'm collecting you. Then I'll have some knee pads and drinks stuff :D

Snake Pass, I love that road :D This weekend is going to be so epic, I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight :lol:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro