The end result: 'Girls in... threads'

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    ddraver wrote:
    It says a lot about the whole debacle that it's only being discussed in Commuting Chat, There has nt been a peep about it in Cakestop...

There do seem to be some very childish threads about it though.

Posters from both fora seem to think that something of significance took place.

All a bit silly in a very sad sort of way.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    ddraver wrote:
    It says a lot about the whole debacle that it's only being discussed in Commuting Chat, There has nt been a peep about it in Cakestop...
    ShiftyEyes.gif

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12842732

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12842093

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12839505
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    One that had nothing to do with the discussion, one started by a commuter trying to sh1t stir (and failing, even with my help) and one spill over of the original

All three started by commuters and roundly ignored by everyone there - try harder DDD

C-
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    ddraver wrote:
    One that had nothing to do with the discussion, one started by a commuter trying to sh1t stir (and failing, even with my help) and one spill over of the original

All three started by commuters and roundly ignored by everyone there - try harder DDD

C-
    All three of them? Really?
  • ddraver
    Johnny Trousers, byke and yourself - yep.
    - @ddraver
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    ddraver wrote:
    Johnny Trousers, byke and yourself - yep.
    All three started by commuters
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    commuter trying to sh1t stir
    Who was this?
  • ddraver
    you....
    - @ddraver
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    ddraver wrote:
    you....
    Huh? Huh?
    ?
  • ddraver
    Second one....
    - @ddraver
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    ddraver wrote:
    Second one....
    Is virtually the same as the first.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    ddraver wrote:

C-

Er... your response; an example of not being able to admit that you're wrong, I think.

Recap: You said there wasn't "a peep" about the subject in Cake Stop. I posted three examples of threads created in Cake Stop (of whch one you also participated in) that contain references to or are about in their entirity 'the subject'.

You now post some semantic bullshit about trying to back track or ammend the original assertion. Not a good look, I think.

Anyway.... :roll:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:
    Second one....

No, one is a discussion, one is you sh1t stirring...

There is no discussion of this on the front, or even second page of (my) CS, wheras this has been top 5 in commuting chat all week - Deal with it boys, no one cares. Personally I'm only posting here because I'm waiting for Uni Challenge to start and the Cancellara/MSR discussion has gone a bit quiet....
    - @ddraver
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Second one....

There is no discussion of this on the front, or even second page of (my) CS, wheras this has been top 5 in commuting chat all week - Deal with it boys, no one cares. Personally I'm only posting here because I'm waiting for Uni Challenge to start and the Cancellara/MSR discussion has gone a bit quiet....
    As you've came to realise,both areas have their own threads with the quote. Yet the discussion is all here,must mean DDD was shit stirring too?

He wasn't and neither was I,you just like making mountains from mole hills

ps:
    ?
  • ddraver
    make your point, you ve got 4 more mins before it starts....
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    ahh, you re to late, oh well...
    - @ddraver
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    ddraver wrote:
    There is no discussion of this on the front, or even second page of (my) CS, wheras this has been top 5 in commuting chat all week - Deal with it boys, no one cares. Personally I'm only posting here because I'm waiting for Eastenders to start and the Cancellara/MSR discussion has gone a bit quiet....
    FTFY :lol:
  • ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Second one....

I dunno which Cake Stop you're looking at, but as far as I can see, there is quite a bit of venom in Cake Stop being directed towards here. Quite how that fits in with the "now the "girls in" threads are gone, all you Commuting Chat lot will no doubt be posting in Cake Stop" is a bit unclear.

For a group that claims to have "won", they seem to have a lot of anger to work through...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just read through all of this mess after having a 6 month hiatus from the forums. It all seems a bit sad, one idiot stirring things up when he knows the net will jump all over it, inflate it and now we have major change. Then lots of lackeys seem to jump on the righteous wagon and claim a win, hee hee have a look at yourselves, you're rubbish.
  • tailwindhome
    ^

Don't make me have to come over there and speak harshly to you people again....

Nice summary though.

Apart from the 'major change' bit. Nothing's really changed 'cept the standard internet gambit of making a new forum.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Holy thread resurrection!

I thought the last couple of days had a groundhog day feel to it.

One of the few times I was right. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    daviesee wrote:
    Holy thread resurrection!

I thought the last couple of days had a groundhog day feel to it.

One of the few times I was right. :wink:
    Some people just don't change - a bit like their losing streak :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • BB - 2
    CC - 0

BB = win :D :P :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • dmclit-3.0 wrote:
    BB - 2
    CC - 0

How's Cake Stop doing on the score sheet?

Oh yes. I remember now.

Eviscerated. Disemboweled. Left to bleed to death.

You really rocked to a win on that one, that's for sure.

And we all celebrated your win by herding the die hard Cakers into a new home. Where they could be happy together. And be seen and not heard.

It was a happier time, don't you think?

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    *looks puzzled*

I know I've not been on here for a few days but why's this popped up again? Have I missed something?
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • msmancunia wrote:
    *looks puzzled*

I know I've not been on here for a few days but why's this popped up again? Have I missed something?

Seems the embers of discontent glow in the night......Greg66triv20 has got his wetsuit in a twist because of Bottom bracket spilling out into other areas. He thinks he is King Poo of Plop mountain, but the more he victor matures the more we will endure his ordure. Someone ressurected a thread which was very similar to what has happened over the last couple of days, seems some people wont let things lie, ho-hum. :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Ah I see.

Seeing as I was one of the more vocal (and female) complainants of the "Girls In..." threads, I'm probably best not even commenting, but what the hell.

I do actually feel that Bottom Bracket should stay - because it keeps the nipple count down off the rest of the site. I used to go in Cake Stop, but stopped because it got so lairy, and it shouldn't be a men-only site - that's what 99% of the rest of the internet is for, isn't it? :).

After it all blew over I stopped going in CS because I'd argued with a few guys who were incredibly misogenistic (one, to the point of PMing me and telling me I should just "go off and get myself r@ped"). It got rather nasty, and what I will say in defence of Greg, and a few others, is that he stood up for me in the thread, which very few did. I got a lot of supportive PMs (and some apologies) from guys who were a little spineless to be honest, in that they PMed rather than posting on the site, but only a few actually said on the thread "hey, this has gone a bit too far". CS is no longer a welcoming place for a girl, (and I can hold my own!) which is a shame as it used to be quite fun before it got really pervy and sexist.

I'm a girl and I work for British Cycling. I work with BMXers, Cyclocrossers, racers, hybrid riders, Bromptonites, Cyclespeedwayers, MTBers, commuters, as well as all the elite/pro lot downstairs. We all love riding bikes. We all get along. I just don't know why we can't get along on here.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I too was wondering why this thread (the one in here, I don't visit the road forum that often, too many to$$ers in even the beginners forum) had been resurrected.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    After it all blew over I stopped going in CS because I'd argued with a few guys who were incredibly misogenistic (one, to the point of PMing me and telling me I should just "go off and get myself r@ped").

msmancunia, I'm really sorry to hear that, hopefully you reported that, as there is not one any of the Mod/Admin team would have tolerated that.

I think CS has improved because of BB and would hope that you feel comfortable again to visit there, if ever anything like that happens again, please feel free to contact me and I will do my very best to take action against such person/s.
  • tailwindhome
    I should be a mod

I'd be a brilliant mod
  • I should be a mod

I'd be a brilliant mod

Funnily enough, that thought (that you, not me, should be a mod) has crossed my mind too. Small world.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
This discussion has been closed.