The end result: 'Girls in... threads'

Comments

• EKE_38BPM wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ...I'll be played by Brad Pitt...

Really?

The Gregs - Two blokes in a gimp suits
    1274783708_4bfba7dc637ca_34cc0dcf2b578c87fe95474339c1878f_350_350.jpg1274783708_4bfba7dc637ca_34cc0dcf2b578c87fe95474339c1878f_350_350.jpg

GregT's the one on the left.

Sinister, see?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    I love that you believe you have a victory when nothing has changed and common sense

I hope to see members of the forum reporting any post you make that is actually inappropriate, for example the demeaning picture the gimp suited person above. I find s&m pictures quiet offensive and that is a fact
    And this area is for people who commute on their bike, such as me, every morning and I don't want to see that in here

That is all
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Kaise wrote:
    I love that you believe you have a victory when nothing has changed and common sense

Never a truer word said!
  • Kaise wrote:

Keep telling yourself that, loser-gimp-boy!!! :twisted:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Greg66 wrote:
    Kaise wrote:

Keep telling yourself that, loser-gimp-boy!!! :twisted:

Generally I don't talk to myself as I have friends and I talk them instead!

Anyway you know what I mean, at the end of the day I don't care what happens to the off topic areas as I find this site useful for providing advice and, moreover, gaining advice from seasoned bikers of all areas. The off topic bit is just banter to be honest!

People need to chill out and get to grips with the Internet, and stop being so bloody English about things.

If I were to think about a 6 o clock news purely aimed at cycling in all it's forms, some of the prime whingers aka members of this section would be the funny story at the end, a Segway to the final greats that make you feel better about your own life.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    419139_367605106604009_112606095437246_1219365_1409878301_n.jpg

So where should this go?
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I feel sorry for those deluded fools who had some strange reasoning in their heads that there was a war going on. These are the types that will perpetuate real wars.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    So does this mean our womenfolk are now safe to wander the streets without fear of harrasment? I reckon DDD's a shoe-in for Radio 4 Woman's Hour Woman of the Year, and deservedly so. ;)
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Richie63 wrote:
    These are the types that will perpetuate real wars.
    Take heed DDD, with great Power Awesome comes great responsibility.

Alternatively, wtf?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    419139_367605106604009_112606095437246_1219365_1409878301_n.jpg

So where should this go?

Clue's on the label, dude.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:
    So, thread locked... DDD starts another related thread...

Are we going for another 30-pager this time?

Silence!

Future Publishing are making a killing on the brand 'DDD'. I drive traffic here. FACT!

The last week was some of their most busiest and they loved it. They won't release the Google metrics showing how many advert clicks they get in each thread, but a DDD one brings some of the the most views, the most clicks and brings the most money.

Hell, these peeps haven't got nothing on me. At the lights, I heard two hybrid-fairweather-nodders going on about the 'Cake-Commuter Online war'. That's right it has it's own meme. It will have its own section on Urban Dictionary and youtube will have a video of it, I'll be played by Brad Pitt. And when people go there and they click it will link them back to bikeradar, which means more everything really.

These guys love me. (Though this one did go a little far, I was generally just asking a question about swearing and images, so I have cooled it down tbh). Future's loss.

Oh and Monkey Monster is completely right.

Oi! Don't claim all the credit. I think the slow week I had at work had something to do with it! :wink:

I am pleased that action was taken, and that changes have been made, even though they are not the hard line ones I was advocating.

I have also decided to post a bit more regularly on here, as I was pleased that there were a significant number of people who joined in those threads to make thoughtful, polite comments, even though my position was admittedly pretty uncompromising. I have even started a thread on here tonight asking about panniers (oh, the thrills and excitement, don't all rush at once to join in!).
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    edited March 2012
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:

Silence!

Future Publishing are making a killing on the brand 'DDD'. I drive traffic here. FACT!

The last week was some of their most busiest and they loved it. They won't release the Google metrics showing how many advert clicks they get in each thread, but a DDD one brings some of the the most views, the most clicks and brings the most money.

Hell, these peeps haven't got nothing on me. At the lights, I heard two hybrid-fairweather-nodders going on about the 'Cake-Commuter Online war'. That's right it has it's own meme. It will have its own section on Urban Dictionary and youtube will have a video of it, I'll be played by Brad Pitt. And when people go there and they click it will link them back to bikeradar, which means more everything really.

These guys love me. (Though this one did go a little far, I was generally just asking a question about swearing and images, so I have cooled it down tbh). Future's loss.

Oi! Don't claim all the credit. I think the slow week I had at work had something to do with it! :wink:

I am pleased that action was taken, and that changes have been made, even though they are not the hard line ones I was advocating.

I have also decided to post a bit more regularly on here, as I was pleased that there were a significant number of people who joined in those threads to make thoughtful, polite comments, even though my position was admittedly pretty uncompromising. I have even started a thread on here tonight asking about panniers (oh, the thrills and excitement, don't all rush at once to join in!).

Excuse me, young lady. Those dishes are not going to clean themselves, you know. Back to the sink with you, while the men discuss Matters Of Great Moment in a rarified atmosphere.*

*that is a j-o-k-e, btw. Bet your sides need strapping up already.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Richie63 wrote:
    I feel sorry for those deluded fools who had some strange reasoning in their heads that there was a war going on. These are the types that will perpetuate real wars.

hyperbole1.png?w=500
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756

Its probably worth mentioning that no action has been taken that has affected this bit of the forum. :P
  • Greg T
    notsoblue wrote:
    Its probably worth mentioning that no action has been taken that has affected this bit of the forum. :P

There's another pannier thread . . .

Every time a pannier thread gets started someone buys a hybrid and a fairy dies, proper fairy not ITB on a Friday night dressed for success.

• Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:

Silence!

Excuse me, young lady. Those dishes are not going to clean themselves, you know. Back to the sink with you, while the men discuss Matters Of Great Moment in a rarified atmosphere.*

*that is a j-o-k-e, btw. Bet your sides need strapping up already.

Frickin hilarious. Actually, in my house they do clean themselves*. I can't remember the last time I did the washing up.

*By which I mean that I cook, and my other half washes up, but a man taking full responsibility for a household duty is obviously an oxymoron and untrue, so the only logical conclusion is the dishes wash themselves. or something.
  • notsoblue wrote:

True. It was notable that the people with some reasonable degree of intelligence who can add more to a debate than simply "your argument is wrong because I am right and I disagree with you" do seem to hang out here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    notsoblue wrote:

There's not going to be a lot of difference anywhere on BR. It'll be pretty much as we were before with a few tweaks to the layout and a few of the fun threads rolled into bigger ones :-) It was good of the mods to suggest a less PC sub-forum for the commuting section, nice idea ;-)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sandy hill
    sandy hill Posts: 390
    This drum is worn out.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • Greg T
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It was good of the mods to suggest a less PC sub-forum for the commuting section, nice idea ;-)

It may have been easier to create a more PC section where those of sensitive dispositions could hang out safe from s-x and other unutterables.

If a topic was deemed devoid of any s-x or filth it could safely be put in there.

It could be called the HiViz Helmet?

hang on, isn't there a "commuting general" for that anyway?

• Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346

You haven't got a hard line in you...

Perhaps they'll give your own Forum section, maybe call it "The Manhole" where you post your own self centered Threads and get the post count up a little.

Cheesewand..
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508

Perhaps they'll give your own Forum section, maybe call it "The Manhole" where you post your own self centered Threads and get the post count up a little.

Cheesewand..

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • I am pleased that action was taken, and that changes have been made, even though they are not the hard line ones I was advocating.

Cheesewand..

My, what a charming gentleman.

Do you have any specific reason to call my comments self-centred, or was that just the best insult you could come up with at the time?
  • I am pleased that action was taken, and that changes have been made, even though they are not the hard line ones I was advocating.

Cheesewand..

Dear oh dear. Take away a man's* Kays Catalogue and his hands become venomous weapons.

* broad sense

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    Here's a gratuitous picture of a huge penis

_48263393_erectpenis.jpg

(it's the white long thing above)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    If yours looks like that I'd be going to see the doctor mate.

Which brings me to this...

Cheesewand..

In language you understand. I've got a bigger post count than you, my penis is longer than yours!"

:roll:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    DonDaddyD wrote:

In language you understand. I've got a bigger post count than you, my penis is longer than yours!"

Yeah we both know that's not true.
  • DonDaddyD
    Picture of Greg, Velostrapture and me:

401686-169172-trinity_super.JPG
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Yeah we both know that's not true.
    I bow to your higher post count.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Trickyh
    Trickyh Posts: 50
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Picture of Greg, Velostrapture and me:

401686-169172-trinity_super.JPG

I think i'm gonna puke. What a bunch of self centred ar*e. :shock:
This discussion has been closed.