The end result: 'Girls in... threads'

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited October 2013 in Commuting chat

The Admin team (here on referred to as 'we') have discussed the issue of "girls in" threads, and would like to thank the people who have taken the time to participate in what has been mainly a productive and engaging debate.

We recognise the need for off topic sections in our forums, however the content displayed in them has met objections from some parties. On the other hand, there's clearly a large number of people who don't find the content objectionable, or disagree with the objections put forward.

To that end we're creating a new off-topic area within the Road section (Bottom Bracket) that differentiates itself from the one that exists (Cake Stop). This was previously done successfully in the MTB section.

The Bottom Bracket may include more adult material but you'll have to be logged in to view it. Do not enter such areas if you are liable to be offended. This does not mean there will be no rules - if you see any posts that do not comply with the rules please report them and a member of the team will act on it.

Pictures of a sexual nature, nudity, erotica or suggestive imagery or animations are now banned from the Cake Stop, Commuting Chat and The Hub section. One such thread per the Crudcatcher and the Bottom Bracket shall be permitted, again with strict warnings regarding content. Existing threads will be locked.

Rules regarding these images are as follows:

- Images of nipples, uncovered breasts (the majority of the chest should be covered), genitalia, or the anal region are strictly prohibited.

- Images mimicking sexual acts, masturbation or any other form that could be considered overtly sexual are prohibited.

- If in doubt DO NOT post such images. We reserve the right to remove any content we find breaks these rules and issue warnings and bans to users.

Full forum rules will be displayed prominently in all areas of the forum, an guidelines for off topic forums in the correct areas respectively.

If the Commuting area calls for an area akin to the Crudcatcher or Bottom Bracket, it shall be discussed.

So, fellow commuters, do you want a hotter topic section where, it seems, people can put up pictures of nudity (because we are free to discuss everything else here)?

What would such a section be named? Nothing as vulgar and unimaginative as Bottom Bracket or Crudcatcher oh no. Souple, maybe?

I personally only have one further question:

Can I swear in these sections (and the possible commuter varient) given that there will be other forms of 'adult' content?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    "Pictures of a sexual nature, nudity, erotica or suggestive imagery or animations are now banned from the Cake Stop, Commuting Chat and The Hub section."

Does that mean I need to change my avatar?
  • nameinuse
    nameinuse Posts: 71
    If the Crud Catcher is anything to go by, then some swearing seems to be permitted... More importantly if we do have a separate forum for the dodgier material, what should we call it? My vote would go for "The Gutter".
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    No erotica eh? Hopefully BR will remove its review of the Ultegra Di2 stuff then. Hot diggerty...

:wink:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    ....I'm not finished with you and the "offence" discussion yet DDD, but maybe we ll leave that for another thread and another time when everyone has untwisted their knickers about this particular hoohah.... ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bonkstrong
    bonkstrong Posts: 120
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Blurb...

Rules regarding these images are as follows:

- Images of nipples, uncovered breasts (the majority of the chest should be covered), genitalia, or the anal region are strictly prohibited.

- Images mimicking sexual acts, masturbation or any other form that could be considered overtly sexual are prohibited.

- If in doubt DO NOT post such images. We reserve the right to remove any content we find breaks these rules and issue warnings and bans to users.

Full forum rules will be displayed prominently in all areas of the forum, an guidelines for off topic forums in the correct areas respectively.

If the Commuting area calls for an area akin to the Crudcatcher or Bottom Bracket, it shall be discussed

I personally only have one further question, can I swear in these sections (and the possible commuter varient) given that there will be other forms of 'adult' content?

<snigger> you said anal... <blushes> lol <snigger><giggles>
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    To answer the question 'do we want...?', personally no. I like the idea that there's a dodgy corner of the place that's out of the way, but it's better if it's over there out of our way and therefore nothing to do with us guv.
  • bonkstrong
    bonkstrong Posts: 120
    nameinuse wrote:
    If the Crud Catcher is anything to go by, then some swearing seems to be permitted... More importantly if we do have a separate forum for the dodgier material, what should we call it? My vote would go for "The Gutter".

The Left Hook
  • DonDaddyD
    edited March 2012
    ddraver wrote:
    ....I'm not finished with you and the "offence" discussion yet DDD, but maybe we ll leave that for another thread and another time when everyone has untwisted their knickers about this particular hoohah.... ;)
    Agreed dude, you got the boobies back and we all had a little fun in this cross forum war. Lets call it a draw.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    BONKSTRONG wrote:
    nameinuse wrote:

The Left Hook
    "The Hand Pump" has already been suggested, gets my vote
  • DonDaddyD
    bompington wrote:
    BONKSTRONG wrote:
    nameinuse wrote:

The Left Hook
    "The Hand Pump" has already been suggested, gets my vote

Rear ended.

Though I completely disagree agree with the very notion of such a section.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    You can swear, within reason - and reason is pretty broad here.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited March 2012
    That was a test. It would seem that the more favourable ones are still censored. Boobies are not.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rick_chasey
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    blah blah

blah blah, removed at DDD's request. :).
  • DonDaddyD
    Edit: many thanks! :mrgreen:
    Food Chain number = 4

• rick_chasey
    In future, you can hit preview :)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    DDD

Why do you want to type swear words?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    well done everyone.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I'm not sure whether we won or not
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I think the term is 'phyrric victory'
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Still think they should have called it "Behind the bikesheds"
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    dhope wrote:
    I'm not sure whether we won or not

there was never going to be a winner because of money tbh. It's been a fairly weak willed acquiesence to the gorilla majority and those who want to see more revenue from their visitor stats - can't blame em as such. They've put some (new) steps in place and will be interesting if there any howls of anguish over pictures being pulled that are too racey and not in a bike way - it may well eventually die of a semi-natural death.

doesn't deal at all with the underlying principal and I don't mean ddd's notions.

and no we don't need one here.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    :lol:
  • rick_chasey
    Forum's like a community right?

You get all sorts. Won't agree with all of it.

I think there was a valid point raised re-the content, and I think this is a reasonable solution for everyone.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    So, thread locked... DDD starts another related thread...

Are we going for another 30-pager this time?
  • rick_chasey
    Monkeypump wrote:

Err no.

In short.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Monkeypump wrote:

Err no.

In short.

Don't make 'im throw his 6 stone around!!!!!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • rick_chasey
    You alright there aggie? :)
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Ah where's the earworms thread gone. PCP by the Manics now
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DonDaddyD
    Monkeypump wrote:

Silence!

Future Publishing are making a killing on the brand 'DDD'. I drive traffic here. FACT!

The last week was some of their most busiest and they loved it. They won't release the Google metrics showing how many advert clicks they get in each thread, but a DDD one brings some of the the most views, the most clicks and brings the most money.

Hell, these peeps haven't got nothing on me. At the lights, I heard two hybrid-fairweather-nodders going on about the 'Cake-Commuter Online war'. That's right it has it's own meme. It will have its own section on Urban Dictionary and youtube will have a video of it, I'll be played by Brad Pitt. And when people go there and they click it will link them back to bikeradar, which means more everything really.

These guys love me. (Though this one did go a little far, I was generally just asking a question about swearing and images, so I have cooled it down tbh). Future's loss.

Oh and Monkey Monster is completely right.
    Food Chain number = 4

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ...I'll be played by Brad Pitt...

Really?
    I was thinking more Shabba Ranks
    shabba-ranks_2011_13045835846319.png
    Denzel Washington would play me.
    denzel-washington-8.jpg
    Rick Chasey - Jackie Wright (Benny Hill's sidekick)
    jackie_wright.jpg
    The Gregs - Two blokes in a gimp suits
    1274783708_4bfba7dc637ca_34cc0dcf2b578c87fe95474339c1878f_350_350.jpg1274783708_4bfba7dc637ca_34cc0dcf2b578c87fe95474339c1878f_350_350.jpg
    LiT - Cadbury's Caramel Bunny
    cadbury_v15_simple.jpg
    LondonLivvy - Jessica Rabbit
    disney20jessica20rabbit.jpg?
    ITB - Lampre Man
    fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg
    I think thats enough to be going on with.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
This discussion has been closed.