The end result: 'Girls in... threads'

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Picture of Greg, Velostrapture and me:

401686-169172-trinity_super.JPG

With all due respect DDD, those three in the picture would have been brave enough to post the thread where it belonged - in Cake Stop.

Still, I think overall you did a good thing even if the approach was a bit, ahem, cowardly! :lol: The question is, now that you've changed Cake Stop to suit your tastes more, will you actually post in it? :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Greg66 wrote:
    Dear oh dear. Take away a man's* Kays Catalogue and his hands become venomous weapons.

* broad sense
    In case you haven't read the mods announcement, the Kays catalogues will still be around - they'll just be consolidated into bigger, longer and more stimulating* versions ;-) You tried to take them away and failed...

* Intellectually of course, to keep the PC squad happy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Dear oh dear. Take away a man's* Kays Catalogue and his hands become venomous weapons.

* broad sense
    In case you haven't read the mods announcement, the Kays catalogues will still be around - they'll just be consolidated into bigger, longer and more stimulating* versions ;-) You tried to take them away and failed...

I realise that. It's just a bit less convenient now. Not left on the kitchen table; but available in the sh!thouse at the end of the garden.

That was too wordy for the point I wanted to make though.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

* broad sense

Hey Stevo; don't go hating on the caped crusader's victory! Cake Stop is now a safe environment for our children and womenfolk to wander. The fact that provocative pictures will not only still be available to view on Bike Radar, but have now been officially sanctioned by the site owners is irrelevant!
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    the real benefit of the Girls In... threads was that I could look at babes in their undies at work as somone had gone and got all the images from NSFW websites for me already. Now I have to do some work. Does mean I can get up to go to the water cooler without a cushion though.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    notsoblue wrote:
    Oi! Don't claim all the credit. I think the slow week I had at work had something to do with it! :wink:

I am pleased that action was taken, and that changes have been made, even though they are not the hard line ones I was advocating.

I have also decided to post a bit more regularly on here, as I was pleased that there were a significant number of people who joined in those threads to make thoughtful, polite comments, even though my position was admittedly pretty uncompromising. I have even started a thread on here tonight asking about panniers (oh, the thrills and excitement, don't all rush at once to join in!).
    Its probably worth mentioning that no action has been taken that has affected this bit of the forum. :P

True. It was notable that the people with some reasonable degree of intelligence who can add more to a debate than simply "your argument is wrong because I am right and I disagree with you" do seem to hang out here.

Oh, DO shut up.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    I'd like to say that all of those who have been consistently involved with this ongoing debate - here, in CS, in the Office section - have covered yourself in glory. You should all be proud.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    This is all very strange.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Sarcasm, very serious tone and tongue in cheek are all having a bad day being understood.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    We need more use of these

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2WfmnNb7sstM5fGTTX2oTjzcJ1MN1VKJ5Rar4Al0VSm4G1nG7nw
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • MonkeyMonster
    rjsterry wrote:
    We need more use of these

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2WfmnNb7sstM5fGTTX2oTjzcJ1MN1VKJ5Rar4Al0VSm4G1nG7nw

is the text based equivalent of a charade of "sounds like"? :D
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    Heh. It's a Sarcmark. Sadly not available for Mac atm.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Sarcasm, very serious tone and tongue in cheek are all having a bad day being understood.

This is very true.

I hope can be recognised for the serious contribution that it is.

1912-so-much-win.jpg

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    Is now a good time to point out that Itsu are selling Pussy for £1.39? I did not check what image, if any, is on the can ... ;)
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Trickyh wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I think i'm gonna puke. What a bunch of self centred ar*e. :shock:

DDD sees superheroes. I see sad cases in silly costumes. Or perhaps a new 'superhero' called Bandwagon Rider?

And DDD still can't swear in-thread unless he goes into Bottom Bracket, where he'll see all those offensive pictures that he loves/hates/loves. How will he cope?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Me:
    alex_ross_time_for_a_change_obama_print.jpg

Greg:
    AlexRossBatmanScars.jpg

Velostrapture: - And I don't care what DC says aboutWonder Woman wearing trousers instead of knickers/briefs won't/shouldn't be taken more seriously by men, the fact is it shouldn't make a difference what she wears
    wonder-woman.jpg
    Trickyh wrote:
    I think i'm gonna puke. What a bunch of self centred ar*e.

Actually the million-now-billionaire who patrols the streets at night so that no one has to go through what he did as a child. The alien who is both the most powerful person on the planet and most altuistic. And the Princess come Goddess (depending on who is writing her) who has travelled to the land of men to teach them the errors of their ways (as "No one loves the Earth more than Diana" - Blackest Night) are amongst the most selfless characters ever conceived.
    With all due respect DDD, those three in the picture would have been brave enough to post the thread where it belonged - in Cake Stop.
    Actually the question has been posed to Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman many times, they have chosen never to invade or overthrow another country in the same way that Greg, Velo and myself had chosen not to overthrow the erroneous regime over in Cake Stop. Our hope, like Superman's mostly (because Wonder Woman is technically a warrior/war lord and Batman is "The goddamn Batman"), is to lead by example so that they can learn Truth, Justice and the Commuting section way.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Trickyh wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I think i'm gonna puke. What a bunch of self centred ar*e. :shock:

DDD sees superheroes. I see sad cases in silly costumes.
    Post a picture of you dressed in lycra?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Superhero guff

I'm not certain whether to be concerned for your sanity or congratulate you on some superb trolling. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and doff my cap.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    dhope wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Superhero guff

I'm not certain whether to be concerned for your sanity or congratulate you on some superb trolling. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and doff my cap.
    I thought he'd been for a liquid lunch.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    DonDaddyD wrote:

three_stooges_moe_larry_curly.jpg
  • MonkeyMonster
    Veronese68 wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Superhero guff

I thought he'd been for a liquid lunch.

No, that's standard DDD comic fandomness.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Me:
    alex_ross_time_for_a_change_obama_print.jpg
    Orifice Man?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Over and Over Man
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    DDD

Why do you want to type swear words?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    Does anyone else not secretly wish DDD was Terry Tate: office line-backer?
  • DonDaddyD
    I'll tell you in another life time when we are both cats.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:

three_stooges_moe_larry_curly.jpg

retard_owls.jpg

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'll tell you in another life time when we are both cats.

Is that a response to this?
    DDD

Why do you want to type swear words?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    Maybe, you'll have to wait until we are both cats.
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Maybe, you'll have to wait until we are both cats.

DDD. I like you. But you're a strange sort of grown up.
This discussion has been closed.