Silly Commuter Weight Loss

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,029
    edited August 2020
    itboffin said:

154 this morning and 13% body fat :|

Can I send you 10lbs of my excess in the post?

I'm now up to ~80Kg, after lack of restraint while not being allowed to exercise as I would like for the past month. :'(
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,069
    itboffin said:

Light and potentially fast uphill.

Pity about the chassis though :)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064

itboffin said:

Can I send you 10lbs of my excess in the post?

I'm now up to ~80Kg, after lack of restraint while not being allowed to exercise as I would like for the past month. :'(
    Give the OMAD diet a go provided you’re in good health to start with and don’t snack at all.

I have basically one huge meal in the middle of the day and sometimes a breakfast of toast with peanut butter and half a banana if I’m riding, keeping all my weekday rides to no more than 25 miles, bigger weekend rides eat as normal.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    pinno said:

itboffin said:

Light and potentially fast uphill.

Pity about the chassis though :)
    Most definitely faster up hill in fact I’d go so far as to say the climbs I’ve been training for 5-8% are easy now, unlike to 20%+ long climbs we ended up riding last week which still hurt like hell
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Getting things back to a bit more order and on topic, come on folks get your updates in here the years not over just yet.

...................START........TARGET.....NOW..........SO FAR..........TO GO
    itboffin.......171.9lb......162lbs.......156lb..........15.9lbs..........-6lbs
    Tashman...103.5kg......95kg..........101.6kg......1.9kg.............6.6kg
    Parmos......108kgish ...100kg........107kg
  • pinno
    edited September 2020

...............START.......TARGET.....NOW.........SO FAR....TO GO
    itboffin...171.9lb......162lbs.....156lb..........15.9lbs.....-6lbs
    Tashman..103.5kg...95kg........101.6kg......1.9kg.........6.6kg
    Parmos......108kgish ..100kg.....107kg
    Pinno..........64kg..........64kg.......64kg.............0...............0

• Broke 240lbs yesterday from a starting weight of 329lbs a little over a year ago.

Had been plateauing at around 250lbs for most of July and August, but refocusing on my diet and giving keto a try seems to have kick started the weight loss once more.

First week was a struggle, being vegan these days, had no energy whatsoever, but that has now returned as I get my calorie intake sorted and the constant hunger is now in check.

Not riding huge amounts, no more than 25 miles a day but aiming to be consistently out 6 days a week, with a 15-20 mile hike out in the Peak District on Sundays, plus an hour of weight training 3 or 4 times a week.

Hoping to break the 100lbs weight loss barrier by the end of the month.

Undecided what the end goal is yet, a lot will depend on how loose and wobbly my skin gets as the remaining fat disappears, but getting down to around 200lbs would make me as light as I was when I was 21, which is certainly achievable.
  • pinno
    How tall are you Cargobike?
  • 6 feet 4 inches or 195cm.

Take your pick.
  • pinno
    @113kg's?!

Now I understand your username :)

• ...............START.......TARGET.....NOW.........SO FAR....TO GO
    Tashman..103.5kg...95kg........101.6kg......1.9kg.........6.6kg
    Ugo Saint 73kg...........68kg.......65.5kg....... 7.5kg......-2.5kg

First of many Hill Climb races tomorrow... ready!

left the forum March 2023
  • itboffin
    Which one Ugo?
  • itboffin said:

Which one Ugo?

KH5 tomorrow (Burton Dassett) organised By Banbury Star
    KH12 on Sunday 13th, organised by Beacon RCC
    then 19th the double header Saintbury + Dovers, an Open event organised by Solihull CC
    27th Walbury hill in Wiltshire, another Open

and it goes on... basically I've got one every weekend
  • pinno
    Are you one of those blokes who strips the bike down to bugger all?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    edited September 2020
    pinno said:

Are you one of those blokes who strips the bike down to censored all?

For the Open events I might strip off the bottle cage and bolts... if the climb is steep I might remove the smallest 5-6 sprockets and replace them with some spacers that I have. Will fit Supersonic inner tubes and 170 g tyres and that's about it... removing the bar tape seems more hassle than it's worth...
  • itboffin

itboffin said:

Which one Ugo?

then 19th the double header Saintbury + Dovers, an Open event organised by Solihull CC

Nice work, I will try and get out to the Walbury hill event to watch only mind you, its only a couple of miles away from my house and I usually ride it a couple of times a week any that's more than enough for me, there's a huge amount of sand and gravel at the start and tons of new potholes, enjoy!
  • itboffin

pinno said:

Are you one of those blokes who strips the bike down to censored all?

For the Open events I might strip off the bottle cage and bolts... if the climb is steep I might remove the smallest 5-6 sprockets and replace them with some spacers that I have. Will fit Supersonic inner tubes and 170 g tyres and that's about it... removing the bar tape seems more hassle than it's worth...
    my fastest time was single speed on Walbury one low gear and spinning like crazy
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    edited September 2020
    Never been... I guess I will be just north of 5 minutes... looks like a big ring climb
  • itboffin

Never been... I guess I will be just north of 5 minutes... looks like a big ring climb

Yep totally but go very very very easy at the start think slow the go slower, I fail that every single time, the minute you clear the trees it’s time to smash the shit out of it
  • itboffin said:

Yep totally but go very very very easy at the start think slow the go slower, I fail that every single time, the minute you clear the trees it’s time to smash the censored out of it

If I look at the power output profile of all my best times going uphill, it's always the same pattern and pretty much follows the gradient... so if the start is shallow, I'll be hard pushed to churn out more than 300 Watt... I understand there is a 10% section and that will probably be 450-500W, then it's a matter of surviving the rest... on occasions I can keep going at >300W for some time, sometimes I can't... good days/bad days...

Should be a nice event... close road and all... mind you, I still need to be "accepted" by the organiser... ;)

• Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,473

Tashman..103.5kg...95kg........100.7kg......2.8kg.........5.7kg

Been neglecting the losing recently. Have been as low as 98.5 but crept back on after returning to the office. Starting to focus again so hopefully will head back to where I want it soon.
  • itboffin
    itboffin...171.9lb......162lbs.....154lb..........17.9lbs.....-8lbs
    Tashman..103.5kg...95kg........100.7kg......2.8kg.........5.7kg
  • pinno
    You must be flying uphill Itb.
  • itboffin
    pinno said:

Yeah its crazy and my FTP is much much higher, i'm fact i've just switch to breakfast & dinner diet to keep my weight where it is which today is 153lbs
  • itboffin said:

pinno said:

Yeah its crazy and my FTP is much much higher, i'm fact i've just switch to breakfast & dinner diet to keep my weight where it is which today is 153lbs
    So you are going to enter the Walbury hill climb then... ? ;)
  • pinno said:

No, in order to meet his target, he adds ballast to the bike. ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • itboffin
    Having just discovered a puddle of brown water under the bottom bracket of my Scott i've found the frame is full of Welsh rain water which has rusted solid the BB & headset and i do mean solid
  • pinno
    My mate came to me with his Ribble saying that the crankset seemed stiff and the headset notchy, could I look at it.

I could hear water splashing about in the frame and the water ingress we could only presume was caused by the bike being on top of the car having driven back all the way from North Yorkshire in heavy rain.
  • itboffin
    So cooking again for myself i'm kinda enjoying it, i'd forgotten how easy it is too make good healthy meals from scratch

My happy breakfast yesterday

and dinner the day before

• itboffin said:

itboffin said:

Which one Ugo?

Nice work, I will try and get out to the Walbury hill event to watch only mind you, its only a couple of miles away from my house and I usually ride it a couple of times a week any that's more than enough for me, there's a huge amount of sand and gravel at the start and tons of new potholes, enjoy!
    Did it, nice hill, lovely event...

https://www.strava.com/activities/4117905613