Any London left?

Comments

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    W1 wrote:

I've avoided commenting so far, but I wonder whether those who supported the thugs and yobs in the student "protests" stick to their position faced with riots on their own door-steps - their property being smashed up this time.

Fundamentally both these riots and those riots came down to the same thing - irresponsible thugs wanting any excuse for a good ruck and a bit of destruction and violence that they can get away with.

Wahey! Finally!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Interesting perspective from Darcus Howe in terrible BBC interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... iJgILxGK0o
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Hot off the press is Wimbledon is being shutdown to a degree, some stores closing etc...

*taps nose*
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Hot off the press is Wimbledon is being shutdown to a degree, some stores closing etc...

*taps nose*

Source?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Kicking off in Barking and Clapham again.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    DonDaddyD wrote:

*taps nose*

Source?

It's all over twitter like a rash. Centre Court Shopping Centre is battening down the hatches and apparently there was some vandalism on the village high street yesterday with shop windows getting smashed.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    My company issued a heads up regarding the "UK Riots"

Still just in Englandshire methinks...... well for now. :wink:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,382
    notsoblue wrote:
    Interesting perspective from Darcus Howe in terrible BBC interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... iJgILxGK0o

Barely watchable here (crappy broadband connection). Could you summarise?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    My company issued a heads up regarding the "UK Riots"

Still just in Englandshire methinks...... well for now. :wink:

My digs are above a shop full of booze & loads of scroates live nearby.
    I truly hope that there is no copy-catting going on - in ANY location.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • DonDaddyD
    Asprilla wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

*taps nose*

Source?

It's all over twitter like a rash. Centre Court Shopping Centre is battening down the hatches and apparently there was some vandalism on the village high street yesterday with shop windows getting smashed.

Twitter link, or any other please. Seriously appreciate it as I'll need to get home if there are even signs of trouble brewing.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Yes +1 for confirmation that things have kicked off early, need to cycle out of London and would be wise to inform my office...
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Twitter link, or any other please. Seriously appreciate it as I'll need to get home if there are even signs of trouble brewing.

DDD - just type wimbledon into the search facility of twitter.

If its anything like Clapham, there'll be an afternoon of people saying stuff is going down, people turn up, nothing, a few more, nothing, and then it all kicks off. However, the police now have worked out driving armoured trucks seems to get rid of people, so they'll probably disperse people quicker now. That coupled with tripling the number of officers.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    According to @Morrissey I'd avoid Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee and Humberside. And those Leeds side streets that you slip down....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • DonDaddyD
    Kicking off in Barking and Clapham again.

Where in Barking and Clapham. Fuck sake that could leave me stranded.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    My mate in Ealing is heading home to Norn Iron, where at least you know where the riots are going to take place !
    Misguided Idealist
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

*taps nose*

Source?

Make sure you get some beers before going home, everything will be closed.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,346
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

*taps nose*

Source?

Make sure you get some beers before going home, everything will be closed.

Typical public sector. Any excuse to get off early.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    glad I fitted Marathon Pluses at the weekend - I'll just charge down the rioters: they're like an armoured truck by the sounds of it.
  • jzed
    They tried and failed to do Mosquito bikes
    Mosquito was targeted by yobs yesterday but they didn't get in. Big thanks to the staff who kept the b###tds out.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    if they do get in I'd like a Cinelli SuperCorsa please in red.
  • rjsterry
    JZed wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

If its anything like Clapham, there'll be an afternoon of people saying stuff is going down, people turn up, nothing, a few more, nothing, and then it all kicks off. However, the police now have worked out driving armoured trucks seems to get rid of people, so they'll probably disperse people quicker now. That coupled with tripling the number of officers.

It seems that if you type pretty much any suburb into the Twitter search, it comes up with some rumours, so maybe take it with a pinch of salt, but be prepared for some impromptu route changes on the way home.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• DonDaddyD
    See this is the stuff I don't like. I'm in Ilford, Ms DDD is in Oxford street and we both need to get home.

Now Wimbledon is being "evacuated" (according to twitter) which translates to - on the advice of the police all shops to be closed down and valuables hidden.

I can't decide whether it's sensible to get home now or wait it out.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    rjsterry wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

It seems that if you type pretty much any suburb into the Twitter search, it comes up with some rumours, so maybe take it with a pinch of salt, but be prepared for some impromptu route changes on the way home.
    Don't care about me. Ms DDD I'm worried about. Told her to come out of another station other than the Broadway.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    edited August 2011
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    See this is the stuff I don't like. I'm in Ilford, Ms DDD is in Oxford street and we both need to get home.

Now Wimbledon is being "evacuated" (according to twitter) which translates to - on the advice of the police all shops to be closed down and valuables hidden.

As I say, take Twitter alerts with a pinch of salt. A lot of the stuff on there is deliberately misleading/scaremongering - apparently where I live was badly affected last night; no evidence of that this morning.

ETA: Tooting is looking like a probable target though - will stick to my route avoiding the main shopping streets.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• jzed
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Don't care about me. Ms DDD I'm worried about. Told her to come out of another station other than the Broadway.

DDD - head to Oxford St and accompany the missus home. The majority of rioters are just out to loot.
  • M-A-S
    M-A-S Posts: 87
    I work on Westminster Bridge Rd and have been sent home for the day! Rumours of trouble at Waterloo and the Cut being closed have spooked our managers!

Great home at 2! Oh wait had a visit from the p****** fairy! Of all the days! Also turns out that my rear tyre is worn and dead!

Had to walk to Vauxhall and am now on train! Should have been home by now!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,346
    rjsterry wrote:
    ETA: Tooting is looking like a probable target though - will stick to my route avoiding the main shopping streets.

Please tell me they're looting in Tooting

#inappropriateLOL
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Go home now.

Why take the risk?
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    rjsterry wrote:

Please tell me they're looting in Tooting

#inappropriateLOL

:D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • jzed
    Seems the police are now policing twitter too
    @missgucci13 It is an offence to commit or encourage riot. Your msg has been referred for conisderation for criminal investigation #police