The Canyon bikes thread

Comments

• chez_m356 wrote:
    Probably. just think blacks a bit boring. but they always look better in the flesh!
    They do look better in the flesh,but lets be realistic,at this time of the year,when your actually out on it, its going to spend most of its time mud coloured :lol:

True!!

Was hoping for the dispatch email with tracking number today but didn't come, should be tomorrow then! :lol:
  • Hate to be smug but mine wasn't supposed to be shipped untill week 49 and it is should be shipped today/tomorrow, two weeks early

Nice :)

Sadly for me "the delivery date of a main component could not be met by our supplier."
    When I saw the email sender I was so excited! Then I read the whole thing :(
  • Hate to be smug but mine wasn't supposed to be shipped untill week 49 and it is should be shipped today/tomorrow, two weeks early

Nice :)

Sadly for me "the delivery date of a main component could not be met by our supplier."
    When I saw the email sender I was so excited! Then I read the whole thing :(

I bet you were gutted! I am so impatient, I thought I would not be able to wait the time, but thankfully I have been flat out for weeks making the wait slightly more bearable!
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Was hoping for the dispatch email with tracking number today but didn't come, should be tomorrow then! :lol:
    No news yet? i remember i got my 'will be despatched email' on a monday,still had'nt heard anything else by the friday,so i called cullen,who checked the order for me and said it had been collected and i should get an email that afternoon,magically the email appeared about an hour later,about 20 hours after that it was showing it in leeds
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Still no news, just sent them an email asking for a tracking number!
  • Should be here Thursday according to UPS! Any news on yours weirdnumber?
  • No, :( this week is despatch week though. My luck says that means they ship on Friday :p
    They haven't charged me yet either.
  • Apparently mine is waiting at home, dispatched on monday, received on wednesday!

Won't get home till 8 though and won't get to ride it until the weekend! :x
  • chez_m356
    Apparently mine is waiting at home, dispatched on monday, received on wednesday!

Won't get home till 8 though and won't get to ride it until the weekend! :x
    So your telling me the first thing you did when you got home was'nt to assemble the bike and take it around the block for a quick spin? :shock: and yes i know you meant for a real ride :) so what do you think? are you happy with it?
  • Oh yeah went out on it to a park! I was very impressed straight off. The size of the bin
    e felt perfect, shifting was smooth ans suspension felt very good!
  • chez_m356
    Oh yeah went out on it to a park! I was very impressed straight off. The size of the bin
    e felt perfect, shifting was smooth ans suspension felt very good!
    And i bet your not bothered about the colour anymore are you? look a lot better in the flesh don't they :D
  • Glad you're happy with it so far. I still haven't heard anything which is a little frustrating given the delivery date when I ordered it was originally intented to be week 46 and we are just about finishing week 48.
    They did say because of a 3 week delay that the delivery date would now be week 48. But a 3 week delay would be week 49 which is next week. I suppose I should contact them on Monday if I don't hear anything tomorrow.
  • So I got an e-mail from Canyon today....
    With reference to our letter dated 31.10. 2011, we wish to inform you today that the delivery date of the missing components for your Nerve XC 9.0 bike has again been postponed by the manufacturer.

Therefore the delivery date for your new Canyon bike has unfortunately had to be postponed until calendar week 51 which is the week commencing 19th of December 2011.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

:cry:
    Pretty frustrating really, although having seen my workload for December it's maybe not terrible. If it did arrive anytime soon it would sit there being looked at since I am going to have zero riding time this month. Unless you count Christmas day, but family might object to that :p
  • Ah man that does suck. But with what little experience I have with canyon bikes, I'd say it's worth the wait!!!!
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Guys,

6ft, 32" inside leg... Medium or Large XC 8.0???????? Their online calculator said I would be a medium, but I'm not too sure?!.....

Hopefully buying one this week (as long as I stop looking at the 9.0 SL!).
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Go with your gut, the calc told me small, I was going to go for a medium as it turns out my mates medium felt perfect so my gut was right.......I am 5' 11" inside leg 31.
  • I've just got my AM, 5'11"(and three quarters :P ), inside leg of 31 - 32 and gotta medium. Perfect fit. Unless you like large frames go for a medium imo. Remember not to ride it outside unless you're sure about the size!!
  • Ryan_W wrote:
    Guys,

6ft, 32" inside leg... Medium or Large XC 8.0???????? Their online calculator said I would be a medium, but I'm not too sure?!.....

Hopefully buying one this week (as long as I stop looking at the 9.0 SL!).

call them up and talk is the best solution.
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • Mine should arrive tomorrow :) finally!
    I don't know if anyone is going to be in to take delivery though :( and my next day off work is Christmas day :(
  • Collected my bike (Nerve XC 9) tonight from my Brothers house (where it was delivered) stuck it together and just went out on a little pootle up and down the road.
    Cant really tell what it's like with such a short run, but I can tell that I need lots of handle bar, saddle, brake lever and suspension tweaking as is to be expected.
    Regarding sizing, I got a large (20" frame I believe) and I'm a smidge under 6'1" but I have long legs (~34" inside) and the size feels good. Initial impressions feel like the cockpit is quite short or at least shorter than I was expecting for a large bike. It is kind of how I like it, but again I won't be able to tell until I have a decent ride, which unfortunately probably wont be until the new year :x
    I do not like the grips unfortunately so Im in the market for some if there are any suggestions :p

One disappointment, some of the silver paintwork is slightly scratched or at least rubbed off prior to transportation which doesn't really bode well for longevity and in hindsight I think I would have gone for the black and green shiny finish had I see them in person.
  • Mojo_666
    I just got my tracking number which I wasn't expecting for at least another week. Hopefully I will take delivery just in time for my 17 days off......which will be a nice.
  • Mojo_666 wrote:
    I just got my tracking number which I wasn't expecting for at least another week. Hopefully I will take delivery just in time for my 17 days off......which will be a nice.
    Got mine three days after I got my tracking number!
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Got mine three days after I got my tracking number!

Cheers Mike, good to know. ;)
  • All sounds positive!

I'm expecting my Nerve AM 7 in the first week of Jan. Reading about people taking delivery on here is making me even more impatient!
    Bird AM Zero (On Order :D )
    Canyon Nerve AM 7.0 (stolen :evil: )
    Cube Road SL
  • Bams
    Bams Posts: 6
    Well my wait is finally over... I took delivery of my Nerve AM7 this morning after a one week delay due to a parts problem.

I've gone for a quick spin round the car park at work and it feels fantastic, but it's now just sitting in my office calling me to go get it muddy.

Like weirdNumber, I'm not a fan of the grips so be getting some Superstar ones ordered up later.
  • Bams wrote:
    Well my wait is finally over... I took delivery of my Nerve AM7 this morning after a one week delay due to a parts problem.

I've gone for a quick spin round the car park at work and it feels fantastic, but it's now just sitting in my office calling me to go get it muddy.

Like weirdNumber, I'm not a fan of the grips so be getting some Superstar ones ordered up later.

I've not heard anything from Canyon regarding part availiabilty on mine? (same, AM7).
    Bird AM Zero (On Order :D )
    Canyon Nerve AM 7.0 (stolen :evil: )
    Cube Road SL
  • Bams
    Bams Posts: 6
    Not sure what it was that was delayed but I think somebody else on here has had the same problem. When it was ordered back on October I had a date of Wk 49 and it wasn't until I mailed last week to get an eta that I was told that it was going to be late.

No great problem other that the fact i haven't ridden since snapping my old frame almost 3 months ago :roll: so I've been a right grumpy fecker !!!
  • Bams wrote:
    Not sure what it was that was delayed but I think somebody else on here has had the same problem. When it was ordered back on October I had a date of Wk 49 and it wasn't until I mailed last week to get an eta that I was told that it was going to be late.

No great problem other that the fact i haven't ridden since snapping my old frame almost 3 months ago :roll: so I've been a right grumpy fecker !!!

Mine was delayed by 6 weeks, it was a Nerve XC though not an AM.
    It arrived 3 days after my confirmation email though, which was nice.