The Canyon bikes thread

Comments

• AMcK
    AMcK Posts: 79
    I'm just about to order mine (unless I change my mind again) and was wondering when you actually paid for them. The site seems to suggest that there's nothing to pay until 7 days before the due date, then you pay the lot by credit card...

Is that so?

Pretty much - they take the money at the point it's due to ship to you, but you pay the amount at the time you ordered (and not the time it ships). It can be masochistic if you watch the price moves inbetween (more so for those who have ordered, are waiting, and the sale prices have come out).
    2011 Black Canyon Nerve XC9.0
  • I'm in the same position, hovering over the 'buy' button on an AM.

I was hoping to wait for the 2012 models, but not sure I can hold out until March :(
    Bird AM Zero (On Order :D )
    Canyon Nerve AM 7.0 (stolen :evil: )
    Cube Road SL
  • Brood
    Brood Posts: 138
    AMcK wrote:
    It can be masochistic if you watch the price moves inbetween (more so for those who have ordered, are waiting, and the sale prices have come out).

In that case I will cancel and reorder! I'm prepared to wait a few extra weeks to save €€€
    Canyon Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Cheers... still debating it!

I'm actually looking at a Tri bike, but the fit calculator seems utter rubbish. The inseam measurement is the only one that seems to have any bearing on the size - putting me at either XS or S, whereas looking at the geometry I'd be more likely to go for a medium.

Guess at least there's 30 days to return it if it isn't right!
  • RTW
    RTW Posts: 23
    I'll chip in.

I am on my second Canyon road bike. First one bought in 2006 (full carbon, Campag Record), second in 2009 (Carbon Ultimate SLX, Campag Super Record). I love it. Next road bike will also be a Canyon - and the one after that!

Depending on how much you are spending, it is worth flying to Frankfurt and getting a bus to Koblenz to go to their showroom (flights with RyanAir to Hahn can be quite cheap). There is some great riding there too.

RTW
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Now seems the time to buy as there's some reasonable discounts in the sale.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • poppit wrote:
    Now seems the time to buy as there's some reasonable discounts in the sale.

i tryed to buy now. all sold out apparently.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • poppit
    Took delivery of a Grand Canyon AL 8.0 W on Thursday for my girlfriend, looks stunning, I'll post a few pictures in 'your bikes' in the next few days. Got it at the sale price, although it had been on order for a couple of months, plus got all the TdF freebies.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • just to confirm they were all sold out on the 10th of sept of all their Xc+Al ranges so just got to wait till the new 2012 ranges...hopefully before Oct
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • It may be worth keeping an eye on the Outlet part of the Canyon website during the next few weeks.

I suspect that a large number of people (myself included) will have bought during the sale and it's unlikely that everyone will be 100% happy with the size they have chosen etc.

Therefore, there may well be some returns popping up on the Outlet page
  • I've got the XC 8.0 in black. I'm 6,2" 34" inside leg and went for the L, which feels great. I've swapped the bars for Easton EC70 and grips for ODI Cross Trainer.

Awesome bike, loving it so far. I was originally looking at a Trek Fuel but went for the Canyon and got myself a Garmin 800 with the money I saved.
  • poppit
    Perhaps I should change this to 'How many have bought a Canyon or have now ordered a 2012 version', seems that there are quite a few.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Are the 2012 models out yet? I'm more than happy with my recently purchased (well back in the summer) AM 5.0 so I've not looked since I took delivery of that.

Cheers
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    jndb72 wrote:
    Are the 2012 models out yet?

Yes, but earliest delivery I have seen is from Week 1 2012

Some other info here

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12806147
  • jndb72
    Thats one hell of a wait. Intrestingly it seems they've dropped the Am 5.0 from the range.
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    I know it doesn't really matter but I'm not keen on the new two tone colours. Preferred the all black with no white on the frame.
  • just to update they are delivering before 2012, just depends on the model of the bike, atm most of them are WK 44-49 and currently we on WK 41-42 so most bikes be around november time it looks like.
  • Mine is due week 49, most seem to be this year
  • jndb72
    Is it me or are the price's up a couple of hundred Euro on the equivilant 2011 models?
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• jndb72 wrote:
    Is it me or are the price's up a couple of hundred Euro on the equivilant 2011 models?

Happens every year.
  • Hi
    For those people who have been posting about availability of canyon 2012 models

I just ordered a 2012 canyon nerve am 8.0 x and have been advised by canyon sales in germany that it will be deliverd in the first week of Jan 2012 - earlier than I was expecting - the guy on the uk order line had said it might be february but that was before I ordered online and got confirmation.

can't wait!!
  • Chis1
    Chis1 Posts: 9
    Hi,

I have also just ordered the nerve am 8.0 x, your delevery date was that for the mamba green-black or raw black?

I ordered raw black and my delevery date is week 51, so early to mid december.

Chis
    Bikes

Canyon Nerve AM 8.0X

Cboardman MTB Comp
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    my m8 has just orded a am 8x also. looks like the ones to get this year
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Chis1 wrote:
    Hi,

I have also just ordered the nerve am 8.0 x, your delevery date was that for the mamba green-black or raw black?

I ordered raw black and my delevery date is week 51, so early to mid december.

Chis

Black raw week 51, mamba green is week 1 of 2012, these dates have not changed since they went on sale.so yes it would be for mamba green.
  • Canyon Torque FRX 9.0 ltd here (mouthful!) and loved every minute on it this summer. Was ragging it around Austria while i worked out there. Sadly had to come home in Sept and now thinking i need a new trail/am bike to compliment it.

Thinking of getting a strive but i've had a 6" bike before and i feel that 6" is a bit much if i have the DH bike as well. So insteps the Nerve AM... How do AM owners feel they compare to other 5" bikes? What sort of puts me off them is the steep head angle (though there are ways to change this). Does it descent relatively well considering?
  • Ordered my Canyon Nerve X.C 9.0 on 26th. They advised delivery in wk 46 (w/c 14th Nov). Had an email from them last week advising me due to supplier delays my bike wont be here until w/c 28th Nov.......which is probably as well as I had a minor heart attack and I have to "take it easy" for a few weeks. (think that promise might just fly out the window at the first sight of my new steed!) Will be ordering a Canyon road bike within the next few month but cant decide on a carbon or alli frame. Any suggestions, pointers? Cheers
    Discussion is an exchange of knowledge.....
    Argument is an exchange of ignorance...
  • allez24 wrote:
    Ordered my Canyon Nerve X.C 9.0 on 26th. They advised delivery in wk 46 (w/c 14th Nov). Had an email from them last week advising me due to supplier delays my bike wont be here until w/c 28th Nov.......which is probably as well as I had a minor heart attack and I have to "take it easy" for a few weeks. (think that promise might just fly out the window at the first sight of my new steed!) Will be ordering a Canyon road bike within the next few month but cant decide on a carbon or alli frame. Any suggestions, pointers? Cheers

keep taking it easy, and stay away from looking at new bikes its bound to increase your heart rate :lol:

But the general view seems to be carbon road bikes are more forgiving on longer rides compared to Alii frames.
  • poppit
    Canyon Torque FRX 9.0 ltd here (mouthful!) and loved every minute on it this summer. Was ragging it around Austria while i worked out there. Sadly had to come home in Sept and now thinking i need a new trail/am bike to compliment it.

Thinking of getting a strive but i've had a 6" bike before and i feel that 6" is a bit much if i have the DH bike as well. So insteps the Nerve AM... How do AM owners feel they compare to other 5" bikes? What sort of puts me off them is the steep head angle (though there are ways to change this). Does it descent relatively well considering?

My AM8 descends like a good un, just seems to blast through everything, the big tyre on the front helps though.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Just thought I'd say that the Canyon warranty is superb.

Had an issue with my wheels which turns out is more to do with me not knowing how to build wheels (loose spokes and wheel out of true).

Canyon took the bike back, assessed the damage, re-trued the wheels and sent the bike back to me.
    They organised postage, pickup etc etc... kept in contact and kept me updated.

Couldn't ask for more.

The UK contact is Cullen and he's been more than helpful.

One thing to note though:
    The German website has tonnes more info on it. One lad on here (Tom) had an issue with the ISCG mount adapter as Canyons have a non-standard ISCG.
    The Mount adapter converts to ISCG 05, but you can only use it to run single chainring because of clearance.
    This is all covered on the German site, but not the UK site.
  • Just thought I'd say that the Canyon warranty is superb.

Had an issue with my wheels which turns out is more to do with me not knowing how to build wheels (loose spokes and wheel out of true).

Canyon took the bike back, assessed the damage, re-trued the wheels and sent the bike back to me.
    They organised postage, pickup etc etc... kept in contact and kept me updated.

Couldn't ask for more.

The UK contact is Cullen and he's been more than helpful.

One thing to note though:
    The German website has tonnes more info on it. One lad on here (Tom) had an issue with the ISCG mount adapter as Canyons have a non-standard ISCG.
    The Mount adapter converts to ISCG 05, but you can only use it to run single chainring because of clearance.
    This is all covered on the German site, but not the UK site.

I've noticed that with alot of bike companies, but the other way around (living in a German speaking country). Often using google chrome and translating the pages helps with that alot if you set your country to the main country for them, and then translate. Can sometimes be hard to read the text as google isn't perfect, but it is good enough to understand.