The Canyon bikes thread

1575859606163»

Comments

• I want to purchase the Canyon Spectral AL 8.9 but I seem to have a problem with the geometry.
    I am 5"11' and my inner leg measurment is 31". The Standover size for the Large size frame is 32" which leaves me no clearance height. For the Medium size frame the Standover size is 31.5", for the Small frame it is 31.4"...??? Does it mean it is to big for me? Who can ride this Small Size anyway? he should be short with amazingly long legs or else I have something wrong here..
    Can anyone enlighten me?
    TNK
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I want to purchase the Canyon Spectral AL 8.9 but I seem to have a problem with the geometry.
    I am 5"11' and my inner leg measurment is 31". The Standover size for the Large size frame is 32" which leaves me no clearance height. For the Medium size frame the Standover size is 31.5", for the Small frame it is 31.4"...??? Does it mean it is to big for me? Who can ride this Small Size anyway? he should be short with amazingly long legs or else I have something wrong here..
    Can anyone enlighten me?
    TNK
    Certainly, standover height is irrelevant to whether a bike fits you, just focus on cockpit length which is relevant. many longer travel FS bikes leave little or no or negative standover, you are meant to ride a bike not stand straddling it!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • gazcarsf1
    gazcarsf1 Posts: 130
    Hi guys

Anyone replaced the bottom headset bearing on a canyon spectral Al?
    Phoned canyon today but they are saying that I need to order from them as it's a special canyon fit only!!!!(bs)
    Cane Creek 40 fitted just now standard, part number or link to the correct bearing would be great.

Cheers Gaz
    Cube reaction gtc race 2011 26er, Canyon spectral al 8.0 2014, cube reaction gtc race 2015 29er
    How much for that!!!!!
  • 950sm07 wrote:
    Hello All,
    First post here! I've been on mtbr.com since a while but this forum looks more Euro friendly to me.

Since 2012 I've been trying to some pretty tecnical dh on an old 2002 Stumpjumper with a 29er Reba SL fork.

Up until two days I was looking for any Specialized Enduro until I found some late model very nicely wallet-friendly spec'd Canyon's.

Anyway, I need the most dh capable model Canyon AM rig.
    I've been pretty overwhelmed with all the codes and names they use for the two model lines I'm interested in.
    As of right now and with only two days of intensive research; more to go I know! I'm pretty split between most the Torque and Strive lines.
    It definitely needs to be a good climber and more importantly to me a great dh.

I weigh 92kg and am 1,92m. Thanks!!!

If you want a decent pedaling bike which is massive but still versatile I would go with the Strive. The DH capabilities are much better than the 2002 Stumpy and Canyon's EWS guys are running them. If you are mostly riding bike parks with lift access and the pedaling is not that important then get the Torque it's 15kg but a bomber on downhills.

Update: sorry I dissappeared. I was busy swapping parts out of the '06 Enduro Elite I picked up in Aug (finished getting it just the way I wanted and now its going up for sale as I went deep into a bike upgrade search and came up with a Spicy and now I plan to hit Megavalanche in July. For now I gave up on Canyon's as they're sorta pricy and the Spicy popped out at me and at the rightprice. I also got sidetracked at both pinkbike and mtbr and who knows where else.
    I'm off to catch any peeps who are headed to Mega! Cya later! And thanks for the feedback!
    John
  • Linkage analysis of Canyon Torque DHX

0.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGcH6Q4kbs8
  • Psychotext
    Psychotext Posts: 145
    Is it my imagination, or have they removed the bike sizer from the site? How on earth are you supposed to work out your size without it?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Psychotext wrote:
    Is it my imagination, or have they removed the bike sizer from the site? How on earth are you supposed to work out your size without it?

Go to a shop and try one? 8)
  • Psychotext
    Helpful!
  • rockmonkeysc
    Not a good time to buy from Canyon. Unless you don't mind waiting several months longer than the quoted delivery time.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Psychotext wrote:

go to availability and then use down arrow to get to PPS sizing
  • Psychotext
    Ahah! Thanks.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Seriously though, check out the delivery situation before ordering and don't trust the delivery times on their website.
    They have had well publicised problems recently with many unhappy customers waiting several months before giving up and demanding money back.
  • Psychotext
    Yeah, ironically I wanted one of their racey carbon fibre hardtails for an event in June, but I've pretty much given up on that idea as I know there's next to no chance I'll get it in time.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Seriously though, check out the delivery situation before ordering and don't trust the delivery times on their website.
    They have had well publicised problems recently with many unhappy customers waiting several months before giving up and demanding money back.

Just cancelled a road bike order, not taking the risk here. Phoned around some LBS and got a good deal on a similar spec'd Giant. I bought a new Capra a few months ago, arrived in 2 weeks. Have Canyon bitten off more than they can chew? :roll: