New Orange for 2012

1789101113»

Comments

• And put together by under trained baboons imported illegally from there homeland. :p
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I have had a Patriot (broke it...the shock mount split of the swingarm)..
    Orange did me a fantastic direct deal because of that and I got a 2010 Crush, which is one of the best hardtails I have ridden.

I still have an '01 222 for uplift days and i don't really need to be spending another 3 grand on a DH bike that doesn't get used every week. For my purposes..it ticks all the boxes.

Out of these 3, the patriot was by far my favourite....I wouldn't mind a go on the new one. But...would I actually spend the money on one? Probably not.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    sooooo what you are saying is that you have owned multiple Orange bikes, and you maintain that its the "best bike you've ridden" but you still wouldnt spend you're money on one?

hmm curious!
  • I read it that the bikes he has do the job he needs them to do so even though he fancies a new one it'd be hard to spend the cash when what he has does everything he needs.....

I've had loads of Orange's and would love a brand new 5 but I would have to go without too many other things to get one. I won't be spending £3000 on any bike related product anytime soon.
  • I read it that the bikes he has do the job he needs them to do so even though he fancies a new one it'd be hard to spend the cash when what he has does everything he needs.....

I've had loads of Orange's and would love a brand new 5 but I would have to go without too many other things to get one. I won't be spending £3000 on any bike related product anytime soon.

So your saying they ride like dog poo... but you'd still own one? fair enough :p
  • Eh? :?
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    kaiser83 wrote:
    sooooo what you are saying is that you have owned multiple Orange bikes, and you maintain that its the "best bike you've ridden" but you still wouldnt spend you're money on one?

hmm curious!

nope. you misquoted me.

I said the crush was 'one of the best hardtails I have ridden'...not the best.

In the yay camp....it was a fantastic descender, and I could pretty much do a bit of everything on it.

in the nay camp...it didn't climb as well as others and was a little uncomfortable on all day adventures up north.

I wouldn't buy a new patriot.....because I have my eye on a Carbon Nomad.

That solve it for you Alice? (Curiouser and curiouser)......

:D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Is this still going? :roll: :cry:

:lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • It'll keep on going until orange release a totally new bike, which being a british product will probably be tarted up to an inch of it's life before the workers go on strike, the plant closes and the die-hards will begrudgingly have to go any buy the stuff they knew was better in the first place :D
  • bails87 wrote:
    Is this still going? :roll: :cry:

:lol:

One of my best threads by the looks of things :D

I'm surprised its still in MTB general!
  • Wow - for some reason I just spent about an hour of my time reading all this sh*t.

I looked at the thread because I used to have an 03 Patriot - bought second hand so cant comment on price vs spec but it was OK - I rode it in the alps for a season and a couple of weeks - had a triple ring on it for a while but it was otherwise specced for DH so was a pig up hill (never do a 300m vert road climb on a coil sprung 36lb Patriot in 35 degrees you wont enjoy it).

As I recall I quite enjoyed the downs though - had hope M4's big arsed mavic rims on Hope Big Un hubs and some other stuff. Didnt jump well but then neither do I so it might have been my fault.

My co-worker had a 5 back then and he loved it - he was a good rider and could do everything on it. It looked pretty nice to me but that may have been next to my beaten up Patriot!

Looked at the Orange site and specced a few upgrades on the std spec - price is comparable to the rrp on a Faith 0 which I think is a comparable type bike. Would like to try a new Patriot on the hills out here.

However for the best part of £4000 or $6000 CDN I could get a Transition TR250 and still have a grand in my pocket so I am afraid Orange are unlikely to get my money.

I quite like the fact that Orange are still out there and doing their thing - to those who say they should change designs and go for a hydroform rear - maybe that would be the best thing to do BUT there is a brand identity in that boxy design - change it to look like a whatever and its just another bike.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    When the aliens shut down the internet for crimes against the universe, it's likely they'll present this thread as evidence.
    I quite like the fact that Orange are still out there and doing their thing - to those who say they should change designs and go for a hydroform rear - maybe that would be the best thing to do BUT there is a brand identity in that boxy design - change it to look like a whatever and its just another bike.

Aye, that's a fact... The Blood was a brilliant bike but it just didn't sell because it doesn't look like a proper Orange (ie a skip, or an overpriced generic taiwanese hardtail). Everyone ignores the ST4 as well, though to be fair that's probably because it's not that great... But I bet if it had a big slabby flexy swingarm more Orange fans would have liked it.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • If you really want to know why this thread never ends, Look at the CC for yesterdays morning thread.

I mean we even tell you were trolling you like heroes and you still bite lol made my afternoon yesterday this lol
  • I'M disappointed in the lack of pictures. Worthless.