2012 Transfers - Fact and Rumour

Comments

• durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Will tomorrows stage be the last in a HTC jersey for Cav?

Wonder if ihis future (sky) will be announced after the stage, especially as the ToB has been the rumoured venue for the announcement for a while.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    IF... big IF (favorites don't seem to win the worlds these days) If Cav won the world campionships. You've bet your house on Cav being carted around as many races possible in a HTC jersey with rainbow bands on :P
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    rebs wrote:
    IF... big IF (favorites don't seem to win the worlds these days) If Cav won the world campionships. You've bet your house on Cav being carted around as many races possible in a HTC jersey with rainbow bands on :P

You can be sure of that.

Whatever happens, I can see him taking whatever form he has to Paris-Tours, just to see what happens.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Sorry to state the obvious but tomorrows crit in TOB will be Cav's last outing in a HTC shirt. Sky are becoming the Manchester City of the Peloton, You can say they ve only spent big on Wiggo, Esb and now Cav but how many Grand Tour contendors can you mix with Green Jerseys and one day Classics someone's got to be a domestique.
    Still think BMC has a better combination with Cuddles and Gilbert.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    tim wand wrote:
    Sorry to state the obvious but tomorrows crit in TOB will be Cav's last outing in a HTC shirt. Sky are becoming the Manchester City of the Peloton, You can say they ve only spent big on Wiggo, Esb and now Cav but how many Grand Tour contendors can you mix with Green Jerseys and one day Classics someone's got to be a domestique.

So BMC sign Hushovd, the current world champion, and Gilbert, one of the best two riders in the world, and yet Sky are Man City because they sign Cav? BMC now have Evans and GIlbert, possibly the two biggest contenders for the hilly classics, yet it's Sky who have too many leaders?

As big a Sky fan/apologist as I am, I struggle to see who all these great winners/grand tour contenders that are going to be impossible to keep happy are.

Porte, Rowe, Puccio, Henao, Sivtsov, Eisel, Rasch. All domestiques signed (or strongly rumoured) this year.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    tim wand wrote:
    Sky are becoming the Manchester City of the Peloton, ....

So you think that Sky are the Manchester City of cycling while praising BMC, who have splashed the money on the world no.1 and the current World Champion.

If you want to compare Sky to a football club, it's Manchester United. Brailsford talks to Ferguson quite a lot and Sky's recruitment strategy is pure Man Utd. And DB has learnt well.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Cuddles won the tour with BMC he didnt join afterwards, but yer I ll take the point with Gilbert and Hushovd. Must make BMC the Chelsea. So who in the Peloton develops and keeps talent, (HTC) . Probably a bad comparision it seems sponsors dont have the patience and maybe the national biased teams such as Cofidas follow a model of development rather than buying success. Brailsfords sky might replicate this by trying to stay British I think this was the ethos and now hopefully with the likes of Wiggo Cav Froome Thomas Downing it can happen.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,460
    HTC should be the Arsenal of the peloton, except they keep winning. :wink:
  • How can anyone say sky don't invest in youth and put money into development? Ridiculous. Hardly the Man City of cycling. There isn't an equivallent of man city in cycling, though who knows who the new shack will sign this year. BMC are closest.
  • If I was a betting man, I'd say Sky will confirm Cav tomorrow.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,460
    Pozzato to Farnese-Vini.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    pat1cp wrote:
    @inrng : Paulinho off to saxo
    Yep back with AC, 2 year deal: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/9833/ ... nGard.aspx
  • At this rate the first official confirmation of cav's tranfer to Sky will be when he rocks up at the Tour of Qatar in a Sky jersey...guess maybe they are now waiting to announce it during the worlds?Though that could backfire if the only time we see him is getting dropped on a railway bridge after 150KMs.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    How can anyone say sky don't invest in youth and put money into development? Ridiculous.
    They should drop Wiggins then; that would save a packet and get someone good in his place.
    8)
    (Ducks quickly)
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Fact: Borut Božič & Kevin Seeldraeyers join Astana team for the 2 next seasons

Sauce: http://proteam-astana.com/content/News/ ... D_news=461
    cartoon.jpg
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    I have a feeling Cavs announcment will be made after the mens road race, just in case he's got a rainbow jersey.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Pirahna wrote:
    I have a feeling Cavs announcment will be made after the mens road race, just in case he's got a rainbow jersey.

I've been thinking the same for the last 2 months!!
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Coach H wrote:
    Pirahna wrote:

Waste of time then coz that jersey's going to Gilbert :wink:
  • Coach H wrote:
    Pirahna wrote:

Waste of time then coz that jersey's going to Gilbert :wink:

No. Its going to Oscar Freire :wink:
  • Irish champion Matt Brammeier signs for Omega Pharma-Quick Step

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/9836/ ... z1YWvcLwCY
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Brett Lancaster's off to GreenEdge.

Brett's a top lad so I hope he does well there.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Levi Leipheimer off to Omega Quickstep.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • rozzer32 wrote:
    Levi Leipheimer off to Omega Quickstep.

That's upset me.
  • Doobz
    managed to get some more info about where cummings is off to..

the rumor is that he is off to Saxo and Froome was thinking about going there but after his vuelta, he seems to have changed his mind..
    cartoon.jpg
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Ex-Kiwi National Champion, Julian Dean to GreenEDGE.

Does that means New Zealand and Australia are the same place ? (ducks)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Doobz wrote:
    managed to get some more info about where cummings is off to..

the rumor is that he is off to Saxo and Froome was thinking about going there but after his vuelta, he seems to have changed his mind..

Cummings at Saxo would seem weird, but if it gets him a better ride then...
  • Doobz
    Jonathan Castroviejo, to Team Movistar
    cartoon.jpg
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    iainf72 wrote:
    Ex-Kiwi National Champion, Julian Dean to GreenEDGE.

Does that means New Zealand and Australia are the same place ? (ducks)

Odd. Very odd. Julian Dean will never fit in at GreenEdge, 'cos every Kiwi I've ever met (and apparently every NZ school leaver takes a gap year to travel and works in the Highlands for at least a couple of months, so I've met a good few) has to repeat throughout the day that they are NOT from Australia, which is an inferior country to New Zealand, and that Kiwis are superior in every respect.
  • But as a travel writer once wrote (John McCarthy in "McCarthy's Bar" iIRC)

"New Zealand isn't a country, it's a fitness camp"