2012 Transfers - Fact and Rumour

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2012 in Pro race
Tony Martin to Astana or Radioshack?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Thor to anywhere except Garmin. He's now started referring to his team in the third-person as if he's no longer part of it.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited July 2011
    If Lotto are going to join QS for a super-mega-Belgian team, I can see Hushovd being the nucleus for the classics team for the Omega-Pharma spin off. (that is how it's being split right?)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    iainf72 wrote:

Would make sense. Astana will be without Vino next year so will need another star to share the leadership with Kreuiziger and Radioshack surely can't keep their old timers going forever.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    iainf72 wrote:

Radioshack surely can't keep their old timers going forever.

Its amazing what you can do with modern science these days
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Greg Henderson to Green Edge, anyone heard this also?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    rebs wrote:

I've heard that too. I guess he's at least from the right hemisphere! If Sky really do sign Cav then I think Henderson will be the natural one for Sky to let go as he's getting on and he's not British, but he's had some very respectable results with them, in fact he helped save Sky's season last year.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,191
    rebs wrote:

Very likely if the Cav to Sky rumours are true. Sky are already sprinter heavy.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    rebs wrote:

Sutton too, apparently.

But then GreenEdge are also supposed to also be signing Goss, McEwen, Brown, Howard, Matthews and the cast of BMX Bandits, so who knows?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Pross wrote:
    Very likely if the Cav to Sky rumours are true. Sky are already sprinter heavy.

I may just be seeing something from nothing, but I certainly get the feeling that Cav is getting mentioned quite often in race reports on the Sky website. If I am seeing something it is making me wonder if careful reading of their reports might give away names of other riders who are joining them at the end of the season.
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    Anyone know anywhere you can place bets on this stuff because I know for a fact the Cav rumour is true. :)
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Does anyone know where Eisel might end up?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    If Lotto are going to join QS for a super-mega-Belgian team, I can see Hushovd being the nucleus for the classics team for the Omega-Pharma spin off. (that is how it's being split right?)

Is it not the other way round? (Quick Step-Omega Pharma & Lotto...?)

Doesn't matter which, Quick Step DS's will still fk it up.

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones
    RichN95 wrote:
    rebs wrote:

Sutton too, apparently.

But then GreenEdge are also supposed to also be signing Goss, McEwen, Brown, Howard, Matthews and the cast of BMX Bandits, so who knows?

What the fey Scots Indie band? They'll be no good over the cobbles.

Strava is not Zen.
  • RichN95.
    calvjones wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    rebs wrote:

Sutton too, apparently.

What the fey Scots Indie band? They'll be no good over the cobbles.

No, the 1980s Australian kids film starring a young Nicole Kidman.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    calvjones wrote:

I thought the idea was that Lotto wanted a super Belgian team, with Boonen, Gilbert and Van den Broeck at the head of it all.

Could be wrong though.
  • calvjones
    calvjones wrote:

I thought the idea was that Lotto wanted a super Belgian team, with Boonen, Gilbert and Van den Broeck at the head of it all.

Could be wrong though.

Thought Lotto wanted a wholly Belgian feeder team (go on - break! You will google it before I!)

Strava is not Zen.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    LangerDan wrote:
    Thor to anywhere except Garmin. He's now started referring to his team in the third-person as if he's no longer part of it.
    I read - or maybe heard Dave Harmonious say - FDJ. Good for him if so 'cos Madiot is obsessed with Paris-Roubaix and with a two-time winner behind him maybe it could be Thor's turn at last.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    RichN95 wrote:
    and Henderson? Top heavy with sprinters.

TJ Garden Van to Bmc.
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    I take it HTC won't be folding but reducing budgets and being a development team? if they do fold where might some of the talent go, Degenkolb for example looks promising.
  • RichN95.
    Kléber wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    and Henderson? Top heavy with sprinters.

I have no idea really. Everyone from south of the Equator is meant to be signing for GreenEdge. Sutton and Henderson I saw on a tweet from someone fairly reliable, can't remember who and Goss has long been linked with them.

The rest -
    McEwen will ride for who ever will have him (and GreenEdge would want to have him),
    Matthews will stay at Rabo and keep Brown there too.
    Howard, who knows - if HTC survive he'll be best off staying put, otherwise BMC would be a good move.

Radioshack will sign the cast of BMX Bandits (they'll all be in the 40s now).

Another good GreenEdge rumour is David Millar. It made no sense when I first read it, but after reading his book it seemed quite sensible due to him being very close to Matt White (almost certainly involved with GE) and Stuart O'Grady (quite possible).

(I have absolutely no inside knowledge though - this is semi-educated guesswork. Having said that, my one single cycling contact says that Luke Rowe has signed for Sky, but everyone expected that anyway)

That's a long post which tells nobody anything.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    iainf72 wrote:

.......... and Radioshack surely can't keep their old timers going forever.

I agree but it sure does us "old timers" good to see a guy like Big George H. still out there and showing what he can still do, like near the end of stage 4. Granted he's not Radio Shack, but being a very useful member of 16 tours is not something I would call "over the hill". Same with Jens V. and some others.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Lefevre's announced that he's made an offer to Gilbert (who apparently has also had an offer from BMC)
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • RichN95.
    LangerDan wrote:
    Lefevre's announced that he's made an offer to Gilbert (who apparently has also had an offer from BMC)

Talking of which, Adam Blythe has apparently signed for BMC (he's good friends with Gilbert)
  • David Miller signed an extension with Garmin Cervelo, JV was singing his praises (rightly so) earlier this week.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Kanstantsin Siutsou to Sky apperently
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    If Siutsou goes to sky. Must be a fair few Sky guys leaving. How many have contracts up for renewal?

Cioni, Henderson, Sutton all seem likely to leave Barry must be close to hanging his wheels up possible future DS?

Rowe & Cav likely to join Sky. Eisel would surely join Cav as they never seem to be out of each others laps. Cant imagine many more could HTC would move to Sky. Very unlikely Renshaw would join Sky.
  • Gingerflash
    Gingerflash Posts: 239
    Kolobnev to Androni.

Ooops, that's 2013, not 12.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    Kanstantsin Siutsou to Sky apperently

Q : What is a Siutsou?

A : One without any animals.

I'll get my rain cape...
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455
    I'd check his biological passport if I were Sky, he's an 8 on the UCI list.
  • Big clearout by Sky at the end of the season.

Sutton likely to stay with Sky and his uncle.

Bosen-Hagen possibly off to Leopard whi are wanting to strengthen their classics team. With Cav and Eisel rumoured to be Sky-bound, expect an exodus of the 2nd rate sprinters they currently have.