2012 Transfers - Fact and Rumour

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Sastre leaving GEOX, announcing what he's doing on Thursday
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • "Sastre leaving GEOX, announcing what he's doing on Thursday"

- retiring one would hope! His level of riding has become quite forgettable in the past 2 seasons.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Borut Bozic Leaves Vacansoleil for Astana
    Borut Bozic cambia el Vacansoleil por el sol del Astana

http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/notici ... p?id=43278
    cartoon.jpg
  • Cav to Garmin apparently. Not sure how that fits with Farrar though.
  • Pashda wrote:
    Cav to Garmin apparently. Not sure how that fits with Farrar though.

Source?

Considering I know a mechanic at another pro team who told me months back he was with them and was picking out his kit (bike etc), it wasn't garmin! That would be a bit of a change.
  • Pashda wrote:

Source?

Considering I know a mechanic at another pro team who told me months back he was with them and was picking out his kit (bike etc), it wasn't garmin! That would be a bit of a change.

i am pretty sure he is going to sky, but can you ask 'your mate the mechanic' why he would be having a bike sorted months back when he wont be riding with them for at least a couple more months yet

• i am pretty sure he is going to sky, but can you ask 'your mate the mechanic' why he would be having a bike sorted months back when he wont be riding with them for at least a couple more months yet

Put your hand bag down!

I am not making it up but I couldn't care less just wondering the source of above garmin rumour.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,194
    Pashda wrote:
    I really hope that's true. Can you imagine Corney's reaction if Farrar becomes Cav's lead out man? He'll be incandescent :lol:
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Han-Michael Holczer to Katusha, shame the Rebellin rumour turned out not to be true, could have been like old times

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/holczer ... al-manager
  • Alan Piper to Garmin as DS

Over the hill & pickin' up speed.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    bipedal wrote:
    Han-Michael Holczer to Katusha, shame the Rebellin rumour turned out not to be true, could have been like old times

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/holczer ... al-manager

So Katusha hire someone who was either so gullible & inattentive that he didn't notice widespread doping in his his own team or was complicit and a liar?. Either way, it ties in nicely with Katusha's pantomime "bad guy" image.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,460
    Froome signs a new three year deal with Sky.

http://www.teamsky.com/article/1,27290, ... 88,00.html
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Rabon and Grabsch are off to Omega Pharma Quick Step Domo Farm Frites
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    treusi57 wrote:
    Alan Piper to Garmin as DS

I'm thinking Cav and Eisel will end up there too
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    kfinlay wrote:
    treusi57 wrote:

Both have signed for Sky I'm told.
  • iainf72
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    kfinlay wrote:
    treusi57 wrote:

Both have signed for Sky I'm told.

If the rumors are right, Cavendish has signed a fairly long, well paying contract.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:

If the rumors are right, Cavendish has signed a fairly long, well paying contract.

Any idea how well paying? If Matt Rendell on Real Peloton is right and Froome is getting 1.1m*, Cav must be on huge amounts.

*He didn't say if that was per year or for three years, I assumed the former.
  • Had a long conversation with Mr Piper at the finish of stage 5. Tight lipped but nod nod, wink wink was a bit of a give away. Word is 13 odd riders are going to Sky but I got the impression that the peloton are not impressed with this cheque book team syndrome. Biggest surprise for the peloton was Renshaw doing his own thing and signing with Rabo. No one saw that coming. The biggest surprise for me was that nobody seemed to know who Alan Piper was. With all the hype of cycling at present I found that rather sad, or am I just old school. If you want a speaker at your club dinner he is a very interesting and funny chap.

• I don't think that many in the peloton can afford to be too choosy, at least Sky are signing riders and not folding. So long as the riders they are signing are out of contract then I don't see a problem - I think they've learnt from the stick they got when signing riders under contract (Swift & Wiggins).
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    treusi57 wrote:
    The biggest surprise for me was that nobody seemed to know who Alan Piper was.

Never heard of a Alan Piper, do you mean Alain Peiper?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Sky aren't the only ones with the chequebook though and to be fair they are at least signing up a good mix with young riders etc.
  • treusi57 wrote:

mmm. Can't see any i's in his signature. Could have been an impostor. Still, Renshaw got in the car with him after testing so he was a very good impersonator. lol :lol:
  • treusi57 wrote:
    treusi57 wrote:

mmm. Can't see any i's in his signature. Could have been an impostor. Still, Renshaw got in the car with him after testing so he was a very good impersonator. lol :lol:
    You must have been there when I was as I saw Piper and Renshaw just before and after testing, there were a few maindy flyer youngsters there also. One of the moms took Cav's bottle out of his cage when his bike was ontop of the car :D
  • iainf72
    @MarkCavendish: I can now officially announce that I will be riding for Team Sky for 2012!
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    @MarkCavendish: I can now officially announce that I will be riding for Team Sky for 2012!

He seems to have deleted that pretty quickly. Unfortunately for him, he can't delete re-tweets.

The re-tweets may be a wind-up though.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,194
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Any idea how well paying? If Matt Rendell on Real Peloton is right and Froome is getting 1.1m*, Cav must be on huge amounts.

*He didn't say if that was per year or for three years, I assumed the former.
    I'd have thought the latter.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    The idea that Sky have been flashing the cash at riders seems a tad unfair. Cav will be on a hefty wage sure, but after that, who?

Surely not Porte, Henao, Rowe, or Puccio. Other rumours have Eisel and Sivtsov, both good riders but not bank breakers. Unless Cancellara and Sagan join them I'd say Sky have been remarkably restrained with their money.

In their 3 years only really Wiggins, EBH, and Cav will have signed for the sort of money that few teams can compete with.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Would have thought Rogers would have a good wedge behind him. Although he hasn't had a stella year this year. He had a solid last year with HTC previously. Expirenced rider and if fit. Will have a great chance in week long tours.