2012 Transfers - Fact and Rumour

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Tusher wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Ex-Kiwi National Champion, Julian Dean to GreenEDGE.

Does that means New Zealand and Australia are the same place ? (ducks)

Odd. Very odd. Julian Dean will never fit in at GreenEdge, 'cos every Kiwi I've ever met (and apparently every NZ school leaver takes a gap year to travel and works in the Highlands for at least a couple of months, so I've met a good few) has to repeat throughout the day that they are NOT from Australia, which is an inferior country to New Zealand, and that Kiwis are superior in every respect.

The exception to this is Russell Crowe who seems to pretend to be Australian.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Bruyneel is trying to offload Brajkovic to Astana.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Jonathan Castroviejo to Movistar, obviously didn't like riding with his fellow Basque's, Only that Euskaltel for a year. 3 year deal with Movistar.

Edit: Just noticed already been posted, Rumours of Nieve making the same move
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Some UK Riders..

Rowe to Sky, Fenn to Omega, Rowsell to Endura, Thwaites stays with Endura.
    cartoon.jpg
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Jason McCartney and Philip Deignan from RadioShack to United Healthcare
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Comic has Cummings from Sky to BMC - so that seems out in the open at last.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Has Adam Blyth signed a deal yet?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Tom BB wrote:
    Has Adam Blyth signed a deal yet?

BMC
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,194
    This had slipped off the front page surely there most be some post Worlds rumours? :shock:
  • Was half expecting a BC conference with Cav to Sky announced after the worlds race. Wonder when they'll be coming clean?
  • Was half expecting a BC conference with Cav to Sky announced after the worlds race. Wonder when they'll be coming clean?

Perhaps the rumours he was holding out for rainbow stripes to bunk up his paycheck were true...
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    PR wise there’s probably more to be gained by not making an announcement yet. Level of interest/traffic to the Team Sky website must be at an all-time high. Once an announcement is made the excitement will die down.
  • ju5t1n wrote:
    PR wise there’s probably more to be gained by not making an announcement yet. Level of interest/traffic to the Team Sky website must be at an all-time high. Once an announcement is made the excitement will die down.

The excitement died down months ago. Well, for proper cycling fans i think it did anyway, in fact is anyone that interested in the overdue official announcement?
  • BdeB
    BdeB Posts: 110
    the Cav delay is surely because Sky will want to pull out all the whistle and bells to announce the signing, including Cav pulling on a Sky jersey like football signings do. He couldn't or wouldn't do this while still riding for a differnet team. Plus sky wouldn't want him appearing in their jersey and then the next saturday appearing in a HTC jersy while racing. i expect when he has raced his final time with HTC there will be a big press conference with Cav present and lots of photos of him pulling on the WC sky jersey.

Sky will want maximun exposure so will have to wait till he is offically finished with HTC. i don't think releasing a press release would quite do it for them. if he really was signing with another team they would have announced by now esp after the WC win.
  • iainf72
    He'll be contractually bound to wear a HTC jersey until 31 December and ride the Spesh too.
  • iainf72
    Brajkovic to Astana
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    New title sponsor replacing the 'Skil' part of Skil-Shimano. Not on trend those guys - finiding new main sponsors is so passe
  • iainf72
    Isn't there some kind of weird thing with Skil-Shimano where the new sponsor will only be unveiled post the Classics next year?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Saw on Sky Sports News at lunch that Cav will announce which team he is to ride for in 2012 in the next week.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,460
    I wonder who he'll sign for?
  • iainf72
    Steve Cumming to BMC (told ya)
  • andyp
    Where?
  • BdeB wrote:
    the Cav delay is surely because Sky will want to pull out all the whistle and bells to announce the signing, including Cav pulling on a Sky jersey like football signings do. He couldn't or wouldn't do this while still riding for a differnet team. Plus sky wouldn't want him appearing in their jersey and then the next saturday appearing in a HTC jersy while racing. i expect when he has raced his final time with HTC there will be a big press conference with Cav present and lots of photos of him pulling on the WC sky jersey.

Sky will want maximun exposure so will have to wait till he is offically finished with HTC. i don't think releasing a press release would quite do it for them. if he really was signing with another team they would have announced by now esp after the WC win.

Maybe they can schedule the press conference for the feed station at Lombardia then :lol:
  • iainf72 wrote:

You mean Steve Cummings dont you, knew this months ago!! :P
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    iainf72 wrote:
    Indeed: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/30092011/ ... y-bmc.html
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Belletti to Ag2r

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bellett ... a-mondiale

I reckon this guy is a dark horse who could pick up some decent scalps. Definitely knows how to win. Interested to see what kind of support he gets.
  • iainf72
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Still can't find any word about where Danny Pate will be next season.
    Or Downing
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    The comic had broken the Cummings news last week. I wonder if BMC will ride the TOB next year and give him a chance to improve on his 2 second places ?
  • andyp
    I've heard Russell Downing will be joining United Healthcare. Don't know how true it is though.