2012 Transfers - Fact and Rumour

Comments

• patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Hmmm. Not sure about that. I suspect that Spesh would be quite happy to buy Pinarello out of the last year of their Sky contract for all the potential exposure they would get - especially as their other teams (OPQS, Saxo) have question marks over their performance. Bear in mind Sky benefits from the advertising dollar Spesh hammers into the cycling press too, which Pinarello don't. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement in a few weeks' time. Pinarello's done nicely out of their exposure in the UK (and Australia) already anyhow.

The BC deal with Pinarello could always be hived off as a separate deal.

Not that i know anything... but I do know that where there's a will and a wallet, there's usually a way.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Innerring seems pretty sure Cav will be on a pinarello next year.
  • robert-sb
    robert-sb Posts: 118
    robert-sb wrote:
    According to Fran Millar on Twitter Cav has finally signed for Sky, yawn.

What shall we discuss for the next 99 days ?

Whether Sky will be on Pinarello or Spec next year!

If Sky end up riding Spesh then that will sum up my reservations about this move. IE. All for one, one for one.

Oh heck, I was only joking :D It wasn't an invite to have a genuine debate folks :wink:
  • Was idling my lunchtime away at work looking at new bikes. Looked on Pinnarello website and had a ganders at the new Dogma 2. Interesting alternative colours - Movistar version is white, no Sky team colour version (although there is Azurrio version). Sky and Movistar Dogmas available.

Just a case of Pinnarello not selling Dogma 2s in Sky colours? Please don't let the colourway 'Moviwhite' be the new bike colours for Movistar - I think their 2011 season Dogmas looked ace.

Of course if I was into conspiracy theories (which I'm not)... lack of Sky Dogma 2 colour = Brailsford sold his soul for a Specialized. Now if it was a Colnago I could understand
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    Of course if I was into conspiracy theories (which I'm not)... lack of Sky Dogma 2 colour = Brailsford sold his soul for a Specialized. Now if it was a Colnago I could understand

+1 :wink:
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    John Lee Augustyn to Utensilnord
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Utensilnord
    who?
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • rick_chasey
    zippypablo wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Utensilnord
    who?

Don't give him the pleasure!!!
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    zippypablo wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Utensilnord
    who?

Don't give him the pleasure!!!

It's the old De-Rosa Flaminia squad.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Tweet from Russ Downing confirming his departure from Sky.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    edited October 2011
    Juan Antonio Flecha, Christian Knees and Michael Barry have signed new contracts with Sky: http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290, ... 50,00.html
    Pleased about Barry, thought he might be off after what I read in here.
    Also shame about old Russ, he can be proud of what he did in his time at Sky. I hope he gets another good ride.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Tweet from Russ Downing confirming his departure from Sky.

Hope he gets a decent offer for next year. No doubt Sky will get a slating from some for letting him go but at least they gave him the chance to ride at the very top for a couple of years and to ride a grand tour. He's a good rider and could do a very good job for somebody, but the truth is that Sky have better riders with more long term potential.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Anyone heard anything on Tiernan-Locke? Heard he was being scouted by a few teams...
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Endura were trying to get Locke but cant see that happening.

Wouldn't be supraised to see him at AM Post but that is just a wild guess. Think he'd do well with them.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Yeah I was under the impression he had actually signed for Endua, but I can't find hide nor hair of it on the Internet. Bad rumour maybe?
  • Don't think he had signed for Endura (unlike Bibby & McEvoy), he'll be destined for a ProConti team, maybe one of the North American ones I think after his ToB performances.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,460
    Downing confirmed to be leaving Sky, has no contract for next season:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/russell ... t-for-2012
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Valv.Piti received offers from Radioshack and Astana, but will probably stay with Movistar when his ban finishes.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Can't find any news about Johnny Bellis. All credit to Saxo-Bank/Sunguard for sticking with him through his accident and recovery, but he doesn't seem to be being kept on by them this year (which is no criticism of Riis, they have to give the spot to someone else).

He's hasn't done much this year, granted- I don't think he managed to finish a race- but it would be a shame to see his career ended.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Tusher
    Thanks, Ms Tree. I just feel so sorry for him, but hopefully he'll find a contract for next year and be able to show some of his pre-accident form.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,194
    He's young enough to do a season or two down a level to get his old form back. Him and Downing could do well at Endura possibly.
  • Tusher
    Pross wrote:
    He's young enough to do a season or two down a level to get his old form back. Him and Downing could do well at Endura possibly.

Sigh. Yes, they could indeed.
  • pat1cp
    Erik Zabel to Katusha as coach. Possibly Friere too.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Noooooooooo Friere cant take the Pozzato position :(
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    pat1cp wrote:

Source for Friere?
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp wrote:

Source for Friere?

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10126 ... igned.aspx
  • rick_chasey
    Freire to Katusha?

*groan*