Stats
    Now you've gone and done it :roll:
    Time to up the mileage...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Lap of the IOW today- another 75 miles in the bag (including down to the harbour and back) & I've joined the ranks of the Elite. Woo hoo!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • StuAff wrote:
    Lap of the IOW today- another 75 miles in the bag (including down to the harbour and back) & I've joined the ranks of the Elite. Woo hoo!

Which by my reckoning puts you in 3rd position overall from around 16th this morning. I wouldn't have thought the IoW was big enough for a 75 miles circuit.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Got 60 to 70 miles planned for tomorrow with Kingston Wheelers, okgo will be joining me as well.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    StuAff wrote:

Which by my reckoning puts you in 3rd position overall from around 16th this morning. I wouldn't have thought the IoW was big enough for a 75 miles circuit.

The official round the island cycle route is about 100km, give or take - see here(it doesn't hug the coast and there are a few more miles if you went right round the coast roads etc)- my Garmin made it 65.42 miles from Ryde Pier and back. 3.25 miles from the harbour to home each way.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Bored? Me? This was accurate a couple of hours ago but there's been around 200 miles added since then.

Anyhow...

New élite: Coopster the 1st, Stuaff and Gaddster
    New champions: Chummster and flyingbogey
    New star: QueenOfOldKentRoad

SCR+Elite.png
    SCR+Champions.png
    SCR+Elite.png
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    SCR+Elite.png

Well that's better I'm no longer 2nd from bottom. :D

What about the Noobs?
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Right, after a poor forst week I am now up and running (so to speak).

18 miles commuting today and 73 miles added for Sunday (that included 6000ft of climbing, do we get extra points for that?).

My addition also managed to get us over the 8000 miles mark! :D

I expect that amount will be over 10,000 within about an hour after everyone adds their weekend miles.
  • What about the Noobs?

At the moment the Newbies are fairly static - I thought I'd leave them off the graphs so that they had an ''incentive'' to reach stardom. Though if you feel that they should get their own graph, I'm happy to add them.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    TfL has the dodgy calculator out of the desk drawer again :(

1 34584 8651 Silly Commuter Racers
    2 34474 8736 SKY
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    redvee wrote:
    TfL has the dodgy calculator out of the desk drawer again :(

1 34584 8651 Silly Commuter Racers
    2 34474 8736 SKY

i thought i explained this:

https://cyclechallenge.tfl.gov.uk/teams-overview
    To encourage beginners to give cycling a go, more points can be earned for the first 24 miles.

Miles cycled Points earned per mile
    0 – 24 = 10
    25 – 49 = 5
    50+ =2

so its better to have more people in the team who have averaged less miles... :P
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    It was the number of miles I was looking at. It gets worse

1 37370 9608 SKY
    2 34915 8755 Silly Commuter Racers :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    We still have plenty of time. I expect there will be a few people who still have not added on their weekend miles yet.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    We still have plenty of time. I expect there will be a few people who still have not added on their weekend miles yet.

Didn't you say that on page 11? :roll:

May be people have added their weekend miles...at the weekend, and we're just getting beaten by over 1000 miles at the moment :cry:

But that's only 15 miles each :twisted:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    snooks wrote:
    May be people have added their weekend miles...at the weekend, and we're just getting beaten by over 1000 miles at the moment :cry:

Yep, added mine last night
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Wheels arrive tomorrow. Working from home wednesday. Back on the commute Thursday which give me 10 days riding until I go on holiday. I should be good for 300/400 miles in that time, maybe some more if I go for big ride on Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully that'll help see off that pesky sky lot.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    wait a sec...

if you register lots of new users for a team and they register 24 miles then you boot them out - what happens.

If memory serves the team that vied with us last year and a high turnover and the points stayed on the team even if person was booted out.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • gbsahne001
    wait a sec...

if you register lots of new users for a team and they register 24 miles then you boot them out - what happens.

If memory serves the team that vied with us last year and a high turnover and the points stayed on the team even if person was booted out.

With that logic, then most if not all of the team needs to be kicked out and re-register using different Ids / email addresses (probably classed as cheating) or am I missing something
  • KeimanP
    KeimanP Posts: 46
    Asprilla wrote:
    Oh, and I'd be grateful if those who haven't logged any miles, but have ridden a bike could start logging:

andyb78
    ilprincipe
    Keimanp
    lastant
    n00dles71
    pianoleo
    prj45
    Sketchley
    SteveNotts
    Subaqua

Have Logged my miles that I have done (not as many as I would of liked, must do more!)
    Specialized Allez Sport 2010
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Just shown one of the chaps I recruited from work how to log miles, he's good for 18 a day and has a week or so to catch up on so that should help!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Get 100+ users and I'm sure we'd beat star ship blah & get 2nd prize as the cops don't count - prize money the same :D
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    tbh SKY I think should have easily more than 100 riders...

Might need a little nudge to the auditors to catch their numbers v milleage.

If they are playing fair then good luck to them but you'd have thought a fair chunk of people doing that many miles - there would be sky people on here and thus talking about it and we'd go cut their chains :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232

If they are playing fair then good luck to them but you'd have thought a fair chunk of people doing that many miles - there would be sky people on here and thus talking about it and we'd go cut their chains :D

Well someone is doing some housekeeping as Sandwich man has vanished.....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941

Well someone is doing some housekeeping as Sandwich man has vanished.....

Woot! Top again :D
  • gbsahne001
    Sky is now 1400 miles in front
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Hopefully Sky will taper for the Marmotte, although they'll log those miles, then they'll all spend a week recovering. Week 3 for the killer blow?
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • KeimanP
    KeimanP Posts: 46
    Just been out and done 20 for today, supposed to be travelling down to Wiltshire on work but haven't left yet... I suppose I could cycle although that would kill me!
    Specialized Allez Sport 2010
  • 1337 8)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    graphs... seriously?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14