London Cycle Challenge 2011 - Site Open

1131415161719»

Comments

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Get.In.

Who'd have thought a bunch of overly competitive commuter cyclists could win a second year running!

Well done everyone :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Did we decide where the £350 is going?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Did we decide where the £350 is going?

Just started another thread for nominations,
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Get.In.

Who'd have thought a bunch of overly competitive commuter cyclists could win a second year running!

Who's competitive? not me..
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've got a feeling our cards are marked already for next year.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    redvee wrote:
    I've got a feeling our cards are marked already for next year.

Pfft, bring it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Behind the bar at either the Morpeth or Roebuck surely :P :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Pipped at the line for the KoM jersey. Gutted I couldn't include the 200km of hurricane-powered monsoon riding on Sunday too. Will try to top 1000 miles next year :)

Sorry Keyser!! But very happy to have won the polka dot jersey! Just to cement it, I rode the Bealach Na Bo on Tuesday, the highest pass in Britian, was a hell of a climb, but a great sense of achievement! Cheers to Depford for the graphs, really good stuff.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Pipped at the line for the KoM jersey. Gutted I couldn't include the 200km of hurricane-powered monsoon riding on Sunday too. Will try to top 1000 miles next year :)

Sorry Keyser!! But very happy to have won the polka dot jersey! Just to cement it, I rode the Bealach Na Bo on Tuesday, the highest pass in Britian, was a hell of a climb, but a great sense of achievement! Cheers to Depford for the graphs, really good stuff.

I was up there last week. Didn't ride it though as was with Mrs. Hell of a climb, I take it you went from Loch Carron to Applecross that last section is well steep!
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Sketchley wrote:

I was up there last week. Didn't ride it though as was with Mrs. Hell of a climb, I take it you went from Loch Carron to Applecross that last section is well steep!

Yes, did the circuit from Applecross via Shieldaig, then back towards Lochcarron before the monster climb. Was into a bit of a headwind and driving rain on the coast up from Applecross, and that is far from flat! On the way up the climb, it was again into the wind and rain, and into the low cloud near the top. Great sense of achievment, and a slow descent, with the brakes nearly being fried. Though was thankful not to have the panniers on as I had for the previous 500 odd miles!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"