London Cycle Challenge 2011 - Site Open

Comments

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    richVSrich wrote:
    richVSrich wrote:
    we're still 400 miles behind them, but just over 2000 points behind! (BUT this could equate to a 1000 miles (2 points per mile)!!!)

those first 24 miles that people do count the most (10 points/mile) , so if you havent logged any yet...get a move on! :)

See its this - I think they've been filtering in users who've done a few miles and then booted them off the team.

can you do that?

but surely the team would lose their miles / points when they get booted?

that didn't happen last year - you kept the points, it may well be fixed and my raised eyebrow at being beaten by sky is merely jealously not ire at underhandedness...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I don't think you can remove people from your team this year.

Well, if you can, I can't find how to do it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Back on the bike, new wheels are great. Although won't be able to really test them until this evening as I had Panniers on this morning. Still 26 mph down Chelsea Embankment.

Anyway 18 miles and 180 points added just.

Should be able to add another 100+ points by the time my extended commute home gets home tonight. Laps of Richmond Park this evening anyone?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    Submitted - we're 190 miles / 1400 points behind. We need to attract some other forum members onto the team to bridge the points gap ^^
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • sketchley
    Anyone interested in a group ride on Saturday morning followed by a pub lunch? I'm not doing anything as yet. Weather looks good too.
    --
    Chris

• Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    I just signed up and added my rides since the 17th June so that's another 72 Miles for the team. Will add another 36 tomorrow.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Asprilla wrote:

On the team page click where it says 81 members. This leads to a normal list of team members and there's an 'admin' column - blank for me presumably because I'm not an admin, but maybe you could kick people off from here?

https://cyclechallenge.tfl.gov.uk/team/membership/213
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • 49 miles added and joined the élite :lol: We're just 80 miles behind SKY
  • asprilla
    Asprilla wrote:

On the team page click where it says 81 members. This leads to a normal list of team members and there's an 'admin' column - blank for me presumably because I'm not an admin, but maybe you could kick people off from here?

https://cyclechallenge.tfl.gov.uk/team/membership/213

That us just for making people team admins, it doesn't allow you to remove them from the team.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • sketchley
    31 miles ahead of Sky still behind in points. Come on!
    --
    Chris

• richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    woooo! elite now :)

26 miles in front of sky, but still 500 points behind! cmon!!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    48 miles in our favour coutesy of the lastest additions from my legs.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • There are now far too many élites so I've divided them into divisions. Here's the premiership élite

Premiership+Elite.png
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I have 2 football games this week... I have no legs for anything :(
  • sketchley
    Got a friend of mine to join. Doesn't post on here but I suspect that'll change now, he does lots of miles though.....
    --
    Chris

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Reckon it's gonna be close this year! Can anyone remember what the age limit is? My 10 year old has a bike computer so I can send her out cycling at the weekend for some good new miles :-D I swear I've got it set up correctly, but the other weekend it showed up 10+ miles just pottering around playing outside!!!!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Reckon it's gonna be close this year! Can anyone remember what the age limit is? My 10 year old has a bike computer so I can send her out cycling at the weekend for some good new miles :-D I swear I've got it set up correctly, but the other weekend it showed up 10+ miles just pottering around playing outside!!!!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    maybe we could sign up Running man / airwave on their behalf and use their miles from the stats?
  • sketchley
    Wahoo back in the lead!
    --
    Chris

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922

Get all your kids on the team, they can outmile Sky on their own :lol:
    If we have 2 computers on our bikes does that mean we've done twice the miles?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • keyser__soze
    I think we should be miles in the lead if all the big hitters in the SCR thread actually logged their mileage. There're a bunch of prolific posters who still haven't got an Elite badge yet. Are they failing to log miles or do they (gasp) talk a big game on the forum yet only cycle to work once or twice a week? :twisted:
  • asprilla
    I think we should be miles in the lead if all the big hitters in the SCR thread actually logged their mileage. There're a bunch of prolific posters who still haven't got an Elite badge yet. Are they failing to log miles or do they (gasp) talk a big game on the forum yet only cycle to work once or twice a week? :twisted:

There are a few who are in France preparing for La Marmotte on Saturday. I expect a surge in their mileage when they get back....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • keyser__soze
    Problem is the same applies to Sky.
  • sketchley
    We've slipped back the 2nd again! Can we not find 15 random people to join the Sky team pushing them in to competing with the BBC? My mate is posting his miles up later today. He should be good a few since 17th as he cycles everywhere.
    --
    Chris

• Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Although you can't have them, our works team averaged 56 miles EACH yesterday! It was a busy day :)
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Top!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:

There are a few who are in France preparing for La Marmotte on Saturday. I expect a surge in their mileage when they get back....

Jzed, JG and I have 16.3 miles and 50.1 miles each to add for yesterday and today. Is there any rule against multiplying these by two 'cos, Christ, the miles have been hard going?

Yesterday, we rode up the Sarenne as an introduction to the altitude before tea. I did it a car last time, though. I didn't appreciate it was 6 miles at between 10-12% or something. It's then a 7-11% climb back up to the hotel.

Today, we rode up the Glandon and then up to the Croix de Fer. The Glandon didn't seem as steep or as long last year...

Now off for beer. Laters.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Good work CJ et al :-) Now just remember if you see anyone in Sky jersey to employ some Renshaw style tactics :evil:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5