London Cycle Challenge 2011 - Site Open

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,382
    Right, couple of 40-miler days and I should be near the top of the Elite Championship... ...if nobody else posts any more miles.

This why I steer well away from SC Stats: the madness takes hold very easily, and all of a sudden, you're doing a twenty mile round trip to pick up a pint of milk at the end of the road.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    fuckers...
    sky now have 100 people exactly... I was wondering how they managed to have only 400 miles more yet 4000 points.
    I'm guessing they won't allow more in now - perhaps I should nudge my brother to sign up :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Hmm. I'm not sure I've set up the 'kilometer meter' correctly on my road bike.

Home to work. Work to Whitechapel Road then ride out to some place past Blackmore, then back to Shenfield to get the train to London. Liverpool St to Hackney. 71 miles? Really? In a day?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Sheikhus
    Sheikhus Posts: 40
    Is it too late for me to join? I do circa 130 miles per week.
    Specialized Secteur - FCN 6
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Sheikhus wrote:

Nope, it's not too late, and you can back date your miles to the beginning of the challenge!
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • idiots...
    sky now have 100 people exactly... I was wondering how they managed to have only 400 miles more yet 4000 points.
    I'm guessing they won't allow more in now - perhaps I should nudge my brother to sign up :D

This is perfect :) . They cannot add any more members to keep their point advantage so we are just going to squeeze them now and every new member we add (and there are still a few, ITB, etc) will assist closing the gap.

We just need to find 1 new member a day from this board between now and the end of the challenge :twisted:
  • asprilla
    Sheikhus wrote:

Welcome aboard Sheikhus. You've logged miles from July 2nd, but the competition actually started on 18th June, so you can backdate your miles to there.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Another 15 miles this morning.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Sheikhus
    Sheikhus Posts: 40
    I'll get the rest on later, but we have now done more miles than them!
    Specialized Secteur - FCN 6
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Cafewanda wrote:

Home to work. Work to Whitechapel Road then ride out to some place past Blackmore, then back to Shenfield to get the train to London. Liverpool St to Hackney. 71 miles? Really? In a day?

Speaking of dodgy speedos.
    I handed in a cycle computer at my gym and couldn't help but peek at the time/distance/average :oops:
    It was showing a 27km ride in 29.5 minutes, an average of 55kph. Is Queen Victoria Street a hidden stage on the TdF? :shock:

Either it was a mistake, the person had a solid 30 minute downhill commute or I and everyone here needs to MTFU.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • asprilla
    dhope wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

Speaking of dodgy speedos.
    I handed in a cycle computer at my gym and couldn't help but peek at the time/distance/average :oops:
    It was showing a 27km ride in 29.5 minutes, an average of 55kph. Is Queen Victoria Street a hidden stage on the TdF? :shock:

Either it was a mistake, the person had a solid 30 minute downhill commute or I and everyone here needs to MTFU.

Regardless of whether the former is correct or not, the latter still holds true.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I may well have set mine up wrong. I'll get my lbs to check this evening but I'm not adjusting yesterdays miles that I logged. It stays at 71 :P
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Love days like yesterday riding hope... approaching my street and just kept on riding from Blackhorse road out to High Beech and back. Love the climbs here!

So want to do the same tonight. But football commitments are ringing and their is nothing worse then blowing out of your backside for 90 minutes :(
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    edited July 2011
    Well I now see we have Greg T on board (very quick on the approval Asprilla ;-))
    Good to see at least some SCR of the Year know which side their bread is buttered....unlike the current holder!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Yes rebs, yesterday evening was a lovely time for riding - I pointed the bike in the wrong direction from home last night just to ride a little more.

Anyhow, clocked up my 2000th mile of the year this afternoon, made a very modest contribution to the SCR mileages, and checked the scores, all in time for the TV coverage of the 3rd stage.

It's heating up. We're ahead of SKY in terms of miles once again and started to close the gap...

SCR+points.png
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Well I now see we have Greg T on board

I'm in and the good weather has me banging out a good 30 miles a day!

I' ve also decided not to do the Alpine nutter day of pain just to make sure I don't let my batting average drop - rather than being fat and disorganised - and scared.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,382
    Greg T wrote:
    Well I now see we have Greg T on board

I'm in and the good weather has me banging out a good 30 miles a day!

I' ve also decided not to do the Alpine nutter day of pain just to make sure I don't let my batting average drop - rather than being fat and disorganised - and scared.

I think Le Marmotte needs a re-brand, that's a much better name.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    If Barclays Capital Cyclists had their head screwed on they could use the miles of Boris Bikes in the 100+ group? Assuming an average of 8min/mile they could use the time logs of the bikes being docked/undocked.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • A welcome to a couple of new movers and sheikus today. GregT, straight into the championship élite, and sheikus moves into the cycle champions.

Premiership+Elite.png

Championship+Elite.png

Cycle+Champions+.png

Cycle+Stars.png

Hmm, I wonder who our places would correspond to in the Tour de France general classification....
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Am lovin' these graphs. :D
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    God dammit.

After a terrible start it is turning in to a nightmare trying to catch up the Premiership elite lot. I am having to up my commutes to make up for what I missed out on at the start of the month. Will you all please stop counting miles intil I make up ground...

:oops:
  • sketchley
    We're catching them, come on log those miles!
    --
    Chris

• Yes, we've got them in our sights...

SCR+points.png
  • Greg T
    Where are these graphs coming from - I can't see them - probably getting blocked by the work filter thingys . . .

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Greg T wrote:
    Where are these graphs coming from - I can't see them - probably getting blocked by the work filter thingys . . .
    redtube
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • sketchley
    Greg T wrote:

Can you see this?

SCRpoints.png
    --
    Chris

• sketchley
    dhope wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    redtube

Blogspot

http://
    3.bp.blogspot.com/-pb2yrqP3joo/ThQ0jpFzSFI/AAAAAAAANP4/4Y5ZyCdAu_4/s1600/SCR+points.png
    --
    Chris

• Greg T
    Sketchley wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

Can you see this?

SCRpoints.png

yes I can

Thanks for that!

• sketchley
    So you can see photobucket but not blog spot.

Not sure that helps, and I'm not re-hosting all the graphs for you.
    --
    Chris

• sketchley
    We are exactly 1000 points behind but ahead on miles. The first 24 miles are worth 10 points each. So if we find 5 people who can log 25 miles each since 18th June. We would be in the lead. Just 5 people needed there must be some on here that can do that. Is ITB on the list yet?
    --
    Chris