London Cycle Challenge 2011 - Site Open

Comments

• keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    I certainly hope Team Sky aren't signed up as members of Sky's challenge team, or else we're going to have a hell of a job holding on to them from tomorrow until the end of the challenge.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Sketchley wrote:
    Panic not they are up to 97 users. 4 more and they won't be in our category any more......

Just looked and they have 87 peddalers.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    edited July 2011
    Premiership+Elite.png

Northstar is not letting GBSahne have it all his own way. And a special mention for Geo101's impressive debut - he appeared from nowhere and shot straight up to 6th place.

Championship+Elite.png

Yet more newcomers to élite status!

Cycle+Champions+.png

Cycle+Stars.png

Obviously, horizontal lines indicate successive days of either not riding or not logging your miles. (Or updated since I looked). Let's hope it's just a delay uploading the mileage.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    bring it on; rest day tomorrow though
  • gbsahne wrote:
    bring it on; rest day tomorrow though

Rest days? So you're human after all!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    redvee wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    Panic not they are up to 97 users. 4 more and they won't be in our category any more......

Where does it say that. Says 97 here
    https://cyclechallenge.tfl.gov.uk/teams?search=Sky

Team Leader Members
    SKY steve beckett 97
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Sketchley wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:

Where does it say that. Says 97 here
    https://cyclechallenge.tfl.gov.uk/teams?search=Sky

Team Leader Members
    SKY steve beckett 97

I just checked against the team list here - https://cyclechallenge.tfl.gov.uk/team/881 - and both your figures are correct. I guess the discrepancy is because of 10 people who are signed up but haven't logged any miles.

ADDIT: there's the same discrepancy for us - 84 showing as members, 78 having logged.
  • sketchley
    Today's 50 mile ride added which included a 22m10s min lap of Richmond Park, a new PB by 5 sec and would of been much quicker is not held up by police man stopping a commercial vehical. Also included a 13m7s climb up Box Hill timed from the roundabout / biker cafe at the bottom to cafe at the top. No idea how that compares as I've never climbed box hill before but I was chuffed with effort. 12 months ago I would have been walking up!
    --
    Chris

• stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Sketchley wrote:
    Today's 50 mile ride added which included a 22m10s min lap of Richmond Park, a new PB by 5 sec and would have been much quicker is not held up by police man stopping a commercial vehical. Also included a 13m7s climb up Box Hill timed from the roundabout / biker cafe at the bottom to cafe at the top. No idea how that compares as I've never climbed box hill before but I was chuffed with effort. 12 months ago I would have been walking up!

Nice one! By coincidence, went up Box Hill myself today, on the previously mentioned Winchester-London ride. Total mileage 126.37, added in....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    Work team were doing well in the 2-10 category, but then someon approved member #11 which dumped us right down on the 11-50 category... Grrr! I know it's just for fun, but that's no way to win!

If SCR will have me, I'll join SCR next year.
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    87 added today, plus some small change on Friday and Saturday
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Happy to see I am now in the top division! Nice wee 30 miler yesterday with full panniers and tent, just to check out the bike and my legs. Both held out well.

I am now worried that I wont be able to stick on my miles from my tour... anyone know when the site closes for updates? I will not be home for a fortnight but will get in about 500 miles in the first week..... I may need to find and internet cafe!! However, they are probably few and far between on the bleak western isles! :?
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Last year you could add or amend your mileage for several days after the final riding day. I haven't dug into the details this year, but I would be surprised if it wasn't the same this year.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Just checkeed, I have until 6pm on the 18th July. So I will get online somewhere in the Highlands!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Just added last week's and the weekend's miles. Less than 300 miles in it now but a big points difference.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Just added last week's and the weekend's miles. Less than 300 miles in it now but a big points difference.

yeah , we need some new members to get their first 50 miles or whatever is is to get the extra points!!!

conscription? :P
  • Oo look, a new graph!

Curious that sudden jump in SKY's points on 2/7 but the point adding has been pretty consistent since then. LFGSS, who were 6th a week ago, are coming along nicely.

SCR+points.png
  • stimpy_76
    stimpy_76 Posts: 43
    w00t!!! Just checked the new graphs and am made up to find i'm in the premiership elite - on my FCN 11 MTB (knobblies, baggies etc...)! Cat 6 racer that I am...

Need to bleed my Elixirs then I can get some more mileage.

There was an off-road London to Paris run over Fri-Sun this weekend - any SCR with mileage (kilometerage?) to put on from that?
    Commuter MTB FCN 12
    XC MTB FCN 9
  • richVSrich
    stimpy! add those miles in! :)

DM - when did SKY add a whole bunch of people? not around 2/7?
  • richVSrich wrote:
    stimpy! add those miles in! :)

Rich, I don't know if they added new people but they certainly added a bike shedload of points around then. I only thought about noting the figures on the 1st, when we were in 1st place, so I can't say about before then for sure.
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich wrote:

Rich, I don't know if they added new people but they certainly added a bike shedload of points around then. I only thought about noting the figures on the 1st, when we were in 1st place, so I can't say about before then for sure.

well SKY are nearly maxing out on people now? - we used to be pretty close in terms of rider numbers and at some point they added 15-20 people ...i think it was around then

our team has 76 people? is there no one else we can badger?
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Currently in the 2-10 category Camden crushers 3 members have 50572 miles?
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    JZed wrote:
    Currently in the 2-10 category Camden crushers 3 members have 50572 miles?

airewave, running man and his brother? :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Should I join?

I'm always up for a cult . . . .
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Greg T wrote:
    Should I join?

A simple answer. YES YOU SHOULD!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Greg T wrote:
    Should I join?

A simple answer. YES YOU SHOULD!

+1. The more the merrier!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • sketchley
    40 miles today. But we are falling behind!
    --
    Chris

• ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    I just put in 47 miles to add to the 7 I did this morning.

Won't be able to do anything like that again till Thursday.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    We need an unsrupulous member to join team Sky to give them that extra edge over us, they will need all the help they can get when they join the 100+ class.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • And it's graph o'clock again.

Big climbing lines are good:

Premiership+Elite.png

Championship+Elite.png

(Apologies to ''chilling'' - clearly an error on my part. I'll sort it.)

Horizontal lines mean people are either not cycling or they're not logging miles. And as there were loads of people out on bikes this evening, I reckon they just aren't logging onto Tears for London.

Cycle+Champions+.png

Cycle+Stars.png