London Cycle Challenge 2011 - Site Open

Comments

• Dam... could see before but not now... the graphs that is..... No matter, tour starts Friday, will stick on miles as and when get to a tinternet pc...

Sorry about that. I wasn't expecting to hit a different work filter. Has anybody else lost visuals?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    davis wrote:
    Ok, Miles logged now. Turns out to be a shade under 150 so far. I'm in the car today now I've got it back, but I'll try keeping up with the logging. No promises on the distance though; I was a broken man last night!

Less than two weeks to go. Ride through the pain, lad. Glory awaits you. Block the bad, and feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel the good.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    I think wet miles should count double..... and if you are doing in a biblical downpour, while trying to get to work ahead of the slow punct*re flattening your tyre, then maybe they should count treble. Estimating average of 61 miles per day from Friday.... :lol:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    cjcp wrote:
    davis wrote:
    Ok, Miles logged now. Turns out to be a shade under 150 so far. I'm in the car today now I've got it back, but I'll try keeping up with the logging. No promises on the distance though; I was a broken man last night!

Less than two weeks to go. Ride through the pain, lad. Glory awaits you. Block the bad, and feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel the good.

Lend us yer spine, there's a good chap.
    (Starting to feel a little better, but I'm still a big wimp on the descents)
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • cjcp
    davis wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    davis wrote:

Lend us yer spine, there's a good chap.
    (Starting to feel a little better, but I'm still a big wimp on the descents)

Ah, right. Sorry, ol' bean; hadn't realised you were properly broken!
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Stuff the SCR vs Sky battle.

I'm more worried about my relegation battle to remain in the SCR prem. I'm diving in and out of it every day.

I'm saving for a maaahoosive weekender push to hopefully ease me into mid table. But I'm not worried. I'm a west ham fan. I know nothing but relegation battles!... yea the last one wasn't so good though... :(
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    cjcp wrote:

No problem - I'm getting there. Some advice I've been working on:

Don't come off your bike.

If you must come off your bike, try not to hit anything, particularly the ground. That can hurt.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    davis wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

No problem - I'm getting there. Some advice I've been working on:

Don't come off your bike.

If you must come off your bike, try not to hit anything, particularly the ground. That can hurt.

Ah the art of flying, distracting yourself at just the right moment and missing the ground - Douglas Adams
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    rebs wrote:

I'm more worried about my relegation battle to remain in the SCR prem. I'm diving in and out of it every day.

I'm saving for a maaahoosive weekender push to hopefully ease me into mid table. But I'm not worried. I'm a west ham fan. I know nothing but relegation battles!... yea the last one wasn't so good though... :(

^^
    THIS!! Wanting to crawl my way up to mid table respectability, and maybe challenge for a European place.... Champions league may be out of my grasp, but a UEFA cup spot may be on.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Last time I did that I stopped myself from hitting the ground by bouncing off the car using my sternum, it was a lovely 8 weeks off the bike :(
  • cjcp
    MartinC hasn't joined. I'm texting him right now. He does some good mileage.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    rebs wrote:

I'm hunting you down.... :twisted:
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    rebs wrote:

Think I'm going to have to give you this one. :roll: The first 2 weeks off the bike hurt somewhat and only started last Wednesday. I'm also on holiday from Saturday so might make 250 by end of tomorrow more if I go out and ride on Friday (day off) but even if I make the 319 you are already at you'll do more next week.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • CyclingBantam
    Sketchley wrote:
    rebs wrote:

Think I'm going to have to give you this one. :roll: The first 2 weeks off the bike hurt somewhat and only started last Wednesday. I'm also on holiday from Saturday so might make 250 by end of tomorrow more if I go out and ride on Friday (day off) but even if I make the 319 you are already at you'll do more next week.

YES!!! At last. I was waiting you to pile in with a whopping 500 mile week to pip me to the last Premiership place. :D
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    how do you tell what mileage each person is on
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Paul E wrote:

I'm "interested" in a very informal just curious and not insanely competitive and "HOW DOES IT FEEL!!!" kind of way
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Paul E wrote:

You can see other team members' stats from the team page when you're logged in.
  • Greg T
    Paul E wrote:

One by one - by going into their individual pages . . . ?

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Greg T wrote:
    Paul E wrote:

Yup. Someone on the facebook page has asked for the spreadsheet downlod they had last year and they've raid they will look into it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Asprilla wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Paul E wrote:

Yup. Someone on the facebook page has asked for the spreadsheet downlod they had last year and they've raid they will look into it.

I was going to mention that as last year I could grab a nice CSV which only took a minute to edit out the personal details (e-mail addresses and real names!) before saving it into my Dropbox. This meant the fiercley competitive people on the team (pretty much everyone then....) could grab it each day using a link in the first post :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • asprilla
    Our project finance manager just said she'd sign up; she'd training for London to Paris so putting some miles in at the moment.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Sky have tipped into the 101+ category so we are 9000 miles clear.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Have they indeed... Likely figured they couldn't match us so going for numbers - lets not be hasty now and make the same mistake :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    JZed wrote:

and it all went crashing down...

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Greg T wrote:
    Paul E wrote:

Yup, far too much time on my hands at the moment and too little money to go away for a few days. And there are plenty of gaps while no one's falling off their bikes in the TdF....
  • asprilla
    JZed wrote:

Weirdly, they still show as only having 100 members. Having a member request must be enough to push you over. Wonder if they will drop back if they deny the request.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Greg T
    Sky have overcooked it . . . .

The muesli knitting tree hugging epicentre of west London - The BBC - won't be done by their commercial rivals . . . .

As for us we only have to keep LGBTSSS off our back wheel. Their major disadvantage is only being able to create 5 word messages in their forum - strategy is hard to do when your medium is restricted to

LOL

Fail

Epic fail

LOL

etc

Also they aren't really pulling down the power and mileage of the Teddington / Wimbledon / Putney triangluar mother lode of roadies . . .

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Asprilla wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Weirdly, they still show as only having 100 members. Having a member request must be enough to push you over. Wonder if they will drop back if they deny the request.

cue more than a few "requests" from skyuser101@hotmail.com, skyuser102@hotmail.com :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Greg T wrote:
    Also they aren't really pulling down the power and mileage of the Teddington / Wimbledon / Putney triangluar mother lode of roadies . . .

Or some of us in Outer London....;)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • CyclingBantam
    Damn, I was wanting them to stay in. We would have caught them now they couldn't keep adding new members, this way they have just fled like cowards.