London Cycle Challenge 2011 - Site Open

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    They may still be in; they are still listed as having 100 members so it must be counting a request to join as a member. It might just be my paranoia, but they could be using it to overtake whilst off our radar (lull us into a false sense of security) and then reject the request on the final day thus dropping back into

Anyway, just get back to writing 'All work and no play makes Asprilla a dull boy' on the office walls........
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    As others have said with them maxed out on users an us now ahead on points with users to spare it's a simple mileage race! All we then have to do is average more miles per person and we have it :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • asprilla
    I could actually be a good move for Sky if they are interested in trinkets rather than glory: with the Met ineligible then 2nd place in the 100+ league is worth the same in prizes as first place in our league.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Asprilla wrote:
    I could actually be a good move for Sky if they are interested in trinkets rather than glory: with the Met ineligible then 2nd place in the 100+ league is worth the same in prizes as first place in our league.

That's a good point. They've traded 2nd place in one division to 2nd place in another where there's no immediate threat to their position - and, of course, they can say ''we're going for mass participation rather than best of class.''. I'd still keep an eye on them though
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:

Trinkets, shminkets. 2nd place = not first, not the winner. They got the fear proper bad, like.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Greg T wrote:
    Sky have overcooked it . . . .

The muesli knitting tree hugging epicentre of west London - The BBC - won't be done by their commercial rivals . . . .

As for us we only have to keep LGBTSSS off our back wheel. Their major disadvantage is only being able to create 5 word messages in their forum - strategy is hard to do when your medium is restricted to

LOL

Fail

Epic fail

LOL

etc

Also they aren't really pulling down the power and mileage of the Teddington / Wimbledon / Putney triangluar mother lode of roadies . . .

Too good not to quote. :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    As we were ahead when they turned off. Rules of SCR say we are the winners do they not?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Asprilla wrote:

As Boardman say in one of his ITV4 ads "I don't know why they have 2nd and 3rd places on the podium"
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Trinkets, shminkets. 2nd place = not first, not the winner. They got the fear proper bad, like.

2nd place = 1st loser

8)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Some of these, especially the premiership élite, may be out of date because it was a while ago since I did them.

Welcome to a few newcomers: Paul E, Mercian, Aidy and Kelsen

PremiershipElite.png

ChampionshipElite.png

CycleChampions.png

CycleStars.png
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Well last commute in today for over 2 weeks..... that is the good news for me. The bad news, for our challengers, is that tomorrow I start an 8 day cycle tour 8) Come rain, hail, snow, midges, anything.... and I will get most of that. First stop Arran, then up to Western Isles..... 60 to 70 miles per day. My only concern is getting a working internet connection on the Westen Isles to be able to update! Well, I won't even try and get a connection on Sunday!! Enjoy the rest of the challenge.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    Hey I've dropped of graphs
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • Hey I've dropped of graphs

Oops, I lopped a whole bunch off last night. I blame Fullers for making London Pride far too easy to drink.

ChampionshipElite1.png

I've left SKY on the points graph even though they're now swimming in a bigger pond.

SCRpoints.png
  • bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    Hey I've dropped of graphs

Oops, I lopped a whole bunch off last night. I blame Fullers for making London Pride far too easy to drink.

Ahh London Pride a fantastic beer for a mid week tipple.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • asprilla
    Just realised that it's the Etape du Tour on Monday. Sky may well have a quite a people there......
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • cjcp
    Asprilla wrote:
    Just realised that it's the Etape du Tour on Monday. Sky may well have a quite a people there......

True, but mileage is also lost due to travelling there and back and some people tapering and/or recovering.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Our mileage machine is running hotter than Sky's and has been for the last week - it was only their initial burst of newwbie points that gave them the advantage - we've been pulling them back ever since.

SCRpoints.png

We still have some newbie points to put in the pot so unless our mileage goes backwards I'd back our consistency to keep us us ahead . . .
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • stimpy_76
    stimpy_76 Posts: 43
    cjcp wrote:

Afraid? They should be... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Commuter MTB FCN 12
    XC MTB FCN 9
  • asprilla
    Right, okgo and I have just signed up to do the Kingston Phoenix TT this weekend, 46 mile from Kingston to Worthing. We were going to get the train back, but I think it would be rude not to come the long way home.....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • stimpy_76
    Signing up for the roughrideguide.co.uk Chilterns Challenge (16th July) - another 100k off-road on 16th July!

Premiership elite here I come :lol:
    Commuter MTB FCN 12
    XC MTB FCN 9
  • asprilla
    stimpy_76 wrote:
    Signing up for the roughrideguide.co.uk Chilterns Challenge (16th July) - another 100k off-road on 16th July!

Premiership elite here I come :lol:

Well you would be if it wasn't a day after the competition closes.....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • stimpy_76
    Well you would be if it wasn't a day after the competition closes.....[/quote]

NOOOO!!!! I had the 18th in my mind as the finish date :cry:

Dammit, there goes THIS weekend instead...better get that mystery squeak in my rear wheel sorted quicksharp... :roll:
    Commuter MTB FCN 12
    XC MTB FCN 9
  • Tonight's novelty is some arbitrarily assigned maillots for each table leader. And stars and champions are now amalgamated. There are now so many Elites that I might split them into 3 tables. Or I may not.

PremiershipElite11.png

ChampionshipElite11.png

CycleChampions11.png
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,382
    Sky are back in our league and are now way behind us. Did we get a big boost from the last few newbies or did they get some miles deducted?

EDIT: Ignore me, I can't read - Sky are still in the 100+ category, but now about 1700 miles behind us.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:
    Sky are back in our league and are now way behind us. Did we get a big boost from the last few newbies or did they get some miles deducted?

EDIT: Ignore me, I can't read - Sky are still in the 100+ category, but now about 1700 miles behind us.

Maybe it's a bit confusing leaving Sky on the same graph when they're in a different classification. But they're our nearest rivals and they currently have 100 members - which according to the groupings at the head of the TfL table (51 to 100 members) means that they should be showing as in our league. Best to keep a close watch on them just in case they qualify as being in the same classification as us.

Meanwhile, here's a bit of grey sky thinking: as SCR are very much a ''come rain, come shine'' team, the current lowering skies over London might work in our favour.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Commuting on friday the usual 36 miles and then with victory in mind i did a lap of the park on the way home. All the numbers punched in and now in the 'Elite' category. With the wind home on friday night i think it should have been double points! :)

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Man down! My relegation is certain now. Picked up a muscle pull in my stomach. Going to be off the bike for awhile :(
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Anyone fancy racking up some miles tomorrow (Sunday 10th)? A handful of forumites are heading out into the Surrey hills, leaving Richmond Park at 9.15. Full details here, would be good to see some of the commuting crowd!

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • I'm seriously in awe of these two at the top who've both just topped 1000 miles.

PremiershipElite0907.png

Rebs has suffered a broken tummy bone climbing in the Beckton Alps. This may the the last time we see him in the maillot à pois :cry:

ChampionshipElite0907.png

Not much change for the cycle champions and stars apart from Aidy, who looks to be going for élite status

CycleChampionsandstars0907.png

In the points war we're keeping a small but perfectly formed lead over SKY.

SCRpoints0907.png
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Well, that was horrible.

Only 18.3 miles. About 15 miles in I was finding it hard to breathe properly. Allegedly my stomach's no longer moving correctly within my chest cavity which in turn is making it difficult for my ribs to expand. Had to give up and pack it in.

Of course, finding out my front brake was rubbing about 8 miles in didn't help. Poor fettlage.

/grumble
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.