Thursday evening Richmond Park ride?

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    JZed wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    Enjoyed that a lot. Let's do that more often e.g. every thursday.

My Lap time was 22:57

Happy with that!

Sketchley - thats fast for a hybrid with the pannier rack on. I reckon I wouldn't be much faster on my MTB.

Fast? That's ridiculous for a Hybrid with panniers. Chapeau!

Really annoyed with myself for not going to the park this am, perfect conditions to get the firs sub 19:00 lap of the year, but I could barely crawl out of bed at 7:15. Blame the missus for crashing in at 00:15 last night. :roll:
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    JZed wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    Enjoyed that a lot. Let's do that more often e.g. every thursday.

My Lap time was 22:57

Happy with that!

Sketchley - thats fast for a hybrid with the pannier rack on. I reckon I wouldn't be much faster on my MTB.

Fast? That's ridiculous for a Hybrid with panniers. Chapeau!

Thanks. Although to be fair, it was just the pannier rack, no panniers on it. I was carry 17st 10lbs of beer gut around though. I was very slow up Sawyers and I was ill earlier in the week and not feeling great, I think I could cut a minute of that time if not 90 secs. I thinks it's time for a road bike :D
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    You're defo ready for a road bike esp with those excuses, could have been a pro :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    JZer and WR, were you guys on your Cannondale and PX last night?

If so I think I followed you into the park and then up though traffic before I turned left off to White Lodge.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Asprilla wrote:

If so I think I followed you into the park and then up though traffic before I turned left off to White Lodge.

Probably not us. I was being followed by someone into the park but I went left and stopped at the cafe - Rob was on his Boardman.
  • asprilla
    JZed wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Probably not us. I was being followed by someone into the park but I went left and stopped at the cafe - Rob was on his Boardman.

I meant to say Boardman, I've just not finished my morning cup of tea yet.

You guys obviously have dopplegangers.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • jzed
    Asprilla wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Were they both wearing Wheelers kit?
  • asprilla
    JZed wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Were they both wearing Wheelers kit?

No, just black bibs and random jerseys.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • jzed
    Asprilla wrote:
    No, just black bibs and random jerseys.

Then definitely not us
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Sketchley wrote:
    I thinks it's time for a road bike :D

Oh it's always time for a road bike.
  • jzed
    Sketchley wrote:
    I thinks it's time for a road bike :D

Oh it's always time for a road bike.

We told him this last night - get the Planet X as a stepping stone to the bling machine next year.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    No no no!

Stay on the hybrid. That way there's less for us to worry about in terms of competition on Embankment

:twisted:
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    No no no!

Stay on the hybrid. That way there's less for us to worry about in terms of competition on Embankment

:twisted:
    Shirley, it lowers his FCN, though...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • sketchley
    Would you prefer me scalping you on a hybrid or a road bike?
    --
    Chris

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Sketchley wrote:
    Would you prefer me scalping you on a hybrid or a road bike?

Looks like someone fancies a crack at the title, chaps...

That's a very nifty time for a hybrid.

Am meeting Jzed there tonight. My lungs seemed to have cleared, and the headache's gone, so may do a lap or two to get some fresh air if anyone fancies it. I'll be in Wheelers kit, on the Scott, with deep rim carbons. If you're after a scalp, then good luck. :twisted:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wrath Rob
    So you couldn't make it last night when Sketchley and I were there, but you can make it tonight. And you're bringing the big guns.

I smell FEAR

:wink:

@Sketchley, that's some fighting talk right there
  • cjcp
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    So you couldn't make it last night when Sketchley and I were there, but you can make it tonight. And you're bringing the big guns.

I smell FEAR

:wink:

@Sketchley, that's some fighting talk right there

I take it that you're duckin' out tonight... :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • sketchley
    Well I'm off to Twickenham tonight to see some rugby. Kick off is 7.45pm so I need to be leaving the park via either Richmond or Kingston Gate by 7pm. If I get out of work early enough I'm up for a lap but most likely I'll just head straight on a Priory Lane and via Richmond. If that mean ducking out then so be it.

Although I've just had some fantastic Sushi and I'm feeling rather good, plus the sun in out. So watch your back down Embankment, NKR and LRR, I maybe coming up behind you and you wouldn't want to be scalped by a fat bloke on a hybrid would you?
    --
    Chris

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    What sort of time CJCP? I live near the park so might drop off the SS and pick up a real bike :)
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • jzed
    My RP activity may just involve the climb from Roehampton to Richmond Gate and then sit on a bench outside the Roebuck :lol:

May bring a mate and do a lap so it will be a sedate pace for me - CJCP has 27 laps before those carbon rims take my scalp :wink:
  • cjcp
    pangolin wrote:
    What sort of time CJCP? I live near the park so might drop off the SS and pick up a real bike :)

Dunno exactly when. It'll be around 6.30-ish, I guess. PM me your mobile number and I'll drop you a text closer to the time.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wrath Rob
    cjcp wrote:
    I take it that you're duckin' out tonight... :wink:
    I'd love to be there but I'm heading out tonight for a beer with a mate so taking the direct route home. Next time mate :wink:

I'll be out on Sunday for a club ride though. Perhaps we can persuade the Wheelers to move their cake stop to a beer garden stop :idea:
  • jzed
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    I'll be out on Sunday for a club ride though.

Contemplating Jim's ride to Brighton and back - he said pace would be around 20ish and I'm happy to drop off the back if I can't keep up with them.
  • Wrath Rob
    I thought you were doing Hell of the North?

Got to be back by lunch time so Brighton and back is out. Might do the Tanhurst Farm run, will get me over 70 miles by the time I get to the meet and back.
  • jzed
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    I thought you were doing Hell of the North?

Got to be back by lunch time so Brighton and back is out. Might do the Tanhurst Farm run, will get me over 70 miles by the time I get to the meet and back.

Was going to but 100k of avoiding potholes doesn't sound like too much fun. May still do it - will see.
  • cjcp
    Good ride with Pangolin, JZed and JZed's mate (Andy) tonight. Lovely evening, too.

Need to sort those creaks...
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    cjcp wrote:
    Good ride with Pangolin, JZed and JZed's mate (Andy) tonight. Lovely evening, too.

Need to sort those creaks...

Yeah enjoyed it - so much more enjoyable to ride with a few others - doesn't seem half as hard. Do need to switch from 1 lap 3 beers, to 3 laps 1 beer. Suppose I'll phase it in.

Oh and sussed my creaks - its my knees.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    Yeah was good fun! Will have to get into the habit of doing it more often.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Anyone out this week? I feel the need to get a time on the board, although it will probably be a slow one unless my dodgy back has healed by then...
  • Wrath Rob
    I'll be heading out for a lap or 2 on Tuesday and probably the same again on Thursday. It sounds like there will be a few others up for Thursday too