Thursday evening Richmond Park ride?

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Yep, 3 laps ACW felt like I was permanently going up hill. Knee is a bit sore today so need to retweak cleats after my fitting last week...
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Doesn't sound like it was a great fitting then...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If you've done shedloads of miles, could be IT Band which is a symptom of lack of stretching....I had this in left leg last year, have diligently stretched it out. Now its in right leg....
  • cyclingprop
    To be fair we changed quite a lot all over the bike, and had been in a not great position before hand. And I was warned to keep it in the small ring for a few rides. So I didn't. And I've got a test saddle on. So its a few things.

Yeah, and I've been putting a fair few miles in and I'm shoot at remembering to stretch too.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Will be there on the fixed this eve. Blue Condor, mismatched wheelset, blue SS Assos jersey. Aiming to be there between 6 and 6.30
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Will be there from 6 onwards all being well. I'll be the one limping round.
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • dhope
    Will be there from 6 onwards all being well. I'll be the one limping round.
    Cool, I'll be drafting the mobility scooter
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    Will be there from 6 onwards all being well. I'll be the one limping round.
    Cool, I'll be drafting the mobility scooter

Haha! I'll be drafting the Pashley!

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • dhope
    vermin wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    I'll do three laps tonight ... *promise!

*Disclaimer: unless boredom or fatigue creep up on me
    Just added my time.
    Will be the only time I'm faster than okgo

I held my breath for a moment but, on reflection, I knew there was no danger... :wink:

Gah. Damn you Vermin.

Did 3 laps this evening...

Subject: Richmond Park 3-lap Challenge 2013
    dhope wrote:
    vermin...............Anti..........71kg........58:50.......Mar.....Commuter......................road bike
    Dhope...............Anti..........74kg........58:56......May.....Commuter......................86" Fixed

Fixed counts for 6 seconds right? Right? No :(

Quite pleased actually with the first sub hour of the year being on one gear.

Pretty sure I saw BlondeCyclist riding with someone. I'd finished my 3 laps and was sitting on the grass just before Roehampton. Strava and times match...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    That is a great effort on fixed - well done.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Pleasant lap of the park with GB this evening. I really should make the most of this weather.

Whats going on with these new Strava segments not picking up existing rides?
  • Yup - I was out with a friend for 3 laps, sorry I didn't see you! So my 3 lap time won't count (plus we chatted our way round two of the laps and had a very easy lap 2) but pleased to get an 18:30 lap for the first time ever :)

On nights like this you realise how lucky we are to having something like this on the doorstep...
    Nice weather bike: Fondriest TF2 (white/ black)
    Training Bike: Giant Avail (white/ blue/ green)
    Track bikes: Planet X Franko Bianco (white) and 7VRN (white/ black)
    CX: Kinesis Pro6 (sick green)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    18:30. Niiiiiiiice :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cyclingprop
    18:30.

Balls.
  • dhope

Balls.

:lol:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • BC, Great time ... I haven't even managed a sub 20 lap yet. :cry:

So, between now and next Thursday, I'm going to try and storm round there ... just the once.

I seem to prefer the leisurely approach, isn't that right PS?!!! Thanks for going slowly around with me!!! :?

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • cyclingprop
    dhope wrote:

Balls.

I may need a pacer to ride ahead of me (obv at least 7m in front). That said, lose 5 KG and it is in sight. That JOGLE may come in handy after all!
  • dhope
    dhope wrote:

Balls.

I may need a pacer to ride ahead of me (obv at least 7m in front). That said, lose 5 KG and it is in sight. That JOGLE may come in handy after all!

I can pace you.

As long as someone faster can pace me.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • cyclingprop
    dhope wrote:
    dhope wrote:

Balls.

I can pace you.

As long as someone faster can pace me.

LOL!
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Good work Blonde, chain gang soon? think a sub 18 could be on the cards!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I wish I'd carried on and gone for a ride around the park. Unfortunately I had to pick my daughter up from her friends house,I was sorely tempted to make up an excuse but I would have been rumbled so opted for the quiet life.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228

Balls.

Think I know where the beer is going...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • cyclingprop

Balls.

Think I know where the beer is going...

Vitamin B is the alcotonic of champions.
  • iPete wrote:

Think sub-18 may be a bit of a pipe dream although checking Strava it actually reckons 18:20 :) (we were only timing roughly and weren't properly recording the splits).

Going to come crashing back down to earth again this weekend though - Track Open and Millfield Classic...

Would be great to do a chain gang although I probably get there a little late for you (7:30ish) once I've traipsed back from Leatherhead... Think all these extra hulls on the way home may be helping though :)
    Nice weather bike: Fondriest TF2 (white/ black)
    Training Bike: Giant Avail (white/ blue/ green)
    Track bikes: Planet X Franko Bianco (white) and 7VRN (white/ black)
    CX: Kinesis Pro6 (sick green)
  • iPete
    iPete wrote:

Think sub-18 may be a bit of a pipe dream although checking Strava it actually reckons 18:20 :) (we were only timing roughly and weren't properly recording the splits).

Going to come crashing back down to earth again this weekend though - Track Open and Millfield Classic...

Would be great to do a chain gang although I probably get there a little late for you (7:30ish) once I've traipsed back from Leatherhead... Think all these extra hulls on the way home may be helping though :)

Might be up for it or even coming out to box! As sad as it is I quite want to smash the "Castelli's Battaglia in Montagna" Strava challenge!

And just got back from smashing out a 17:23 lap, pulled two mates around most the of the way who were hoping to do a sub 20, they are gobsmacked :lol:

You must be really bringing down your box hill time!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    iPete wrote:
    17:23 lap
    :shock:
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    notsoblue wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    17:23 lap
    :shock:

If anything I think that is actually well below what you could/should be able to do Pete, 16 min laps should be certainly possible for you.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    iPete wrote:

And just got back from smashing out a 17:23 lap, pulled two mates around most the of the way who were hoping to do a sub 20, they are gobsmacked :lol:

So if you pulled them round most of the way, did they pull you round the rest of the way? Cheat!!!!! ;)

Good time though!
  • iPete
    rumbled, I did about 90% of the work, the other two were hanging on for the ride but I also lost about 20 seconds waiting at the top of the hills! going to have a crack at the 16s soon (solo ;) ) or do a proper 3 lap challenge. I see Strava has fixed the circuit issues and the 3 lap segments now work!

Legs regretted it at last nights race :|
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    iPete wrote:
    rumbled, I did about 90% of the work, the other two were hanging on for the ride but I also lost about 20 seconds waiting at the top of the hills! going to have a crack at the 16s soon (solo ;) ) or do a proper 3 lap challenge. I see Strava has fixed the circuit issues and the 3 lap segments now work!

Legs regretted it at last nights race :|
    Hillingdon last night: "Pete, jump on my wheel and I'll lead you out! Pete? Pete? Where the f**k is he? Why is he now 20m back?" Made me laugh anyway.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.