Thursday evening Richmond Park ride?

Comments

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Just need to get this stupid marathon thing out of the way then I'm up for many nights in RP.

(In my mind there's long, warm summer nights ahead)
    exercise.png
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JZed wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    The 3LC thread is good for motivation. Must post a time this year :)

Not many sub-1hrs so far. I may just build up the Cannondale (its still hasn't seen the light of day since Alpe D'Huez :oops: ) and see if I can't ride over at the weekend and have a crack.
    Well, yes, ah, um. The cervelo did get rebuilt after that trip but I'm not sure it's actually been out of the flat...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    TheStone wrote:
    Just need to get this stupid marathon thing out of the way then I'm up for many nights in RP.

(In my mind there's long, warm summer nights ahead)

Ha!, I just did that ...

http://www.virginlondonmarathonballot.com/withdraw/

:lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Rob - what were you on? Don't think I saw you - was there last night 7-30-830. Did you see the guy on the enormous red bike with clip-ons?

Pedalling hard down sawyers just to hold 20 was a strange experience.
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    What time this evening guys? 1830 at Roehampton gate?
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    vermin wrote:

Don't tempt me. I don't want another winter of training for it.
    exercise.png
  • Anonymous
    I'll be pushed to make 18.30. 18.40 would be very kind
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Will be aiming for a few park rides possibly from next week onwards. Anti quicker - left turn at RABs and cleaner exits from the descents so can maintain speed better. Depends on wind though.

TarmacExpert is a time trialler, I imagine he was in full TT gear for that time although he'd be very quick whatever he was riding.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    BigMat wrote:
    Will be aiming for a few park rides possibly from next week onwards. Anti quicker - left turn at RABs and cleaner exits from the descents so can maintain speed better. Depends on wind though.

TarmacExpert is a time trialler, I imagine he was in full TT gear for that time although he'd be very quick whatever he was riding.
    Yeah, the notes said TT race bike.

Didn't realise it was you on the chaingang yesterday. Only seen you in the pub before :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    coriordan wrote:
    I'll be pushed to make 18.30. 18.40 would be very kind
    I'll be there around that time, on the Qoroz, red Gore top.

I didn't see you last night either, but TBH after 7:45 all I saw were very bright lights in my face as I was sweating it out at threshold. At least I got a "Thanks" from 1 guy when I dipped my lights.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Anonymous
    I'll be in blue on the blue bike - simple cheap cateye flashing front and flashing rear. I'll keep an eye out
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Got there early, did a lap and got the back for 18.35, waited for 12 mins then set of by myself, so lonely. Actually so cold, I only did 1 lap then went home to warm up
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Anonymous
    Wimp. Was wondering where you and Green Brompton were....

Did 3 with tetm.
    Was torturous, namely the home straight after broomfield, but also from dark hill to the top of broomfield.
    http://app.strava.com/activities/47260583
  • Oi! I left earlier than expected. So did 2 1/2 laps. Didn't storm it, but it was friggin windy, snowing, and cold. Sawyers was awful... And that was downhill. I'll do 3 laps one day, just the thought of heading into that headwind wasn't my idea of fun. Another day, I promise to do 3 laps.
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • bigmat
    dhope wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

Yeah, the notes said TT race bike.

Didn't realise it was you on the chaingang yesterday. Only seen you in the pub before :D

Yep, big group and I arrived just as you were setting off so didn't really get chance to check who was there. Was surprised to see you and Al on the Strava list as I hadn't spotted either of you! I was in the green / white Campag jacket.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    dhope wrote:
    I'll do three laps tonight ... *promise!

*Disclaimer: unless boredom or fatigue creep up on me
    Just added my time.
    Will be the only time I'm faster than okgo :o
    Who is TarmacExpert btw? 15min lap, 46min 3Lap?!? Does he domestique at the LHC?

:D

Its too cold for me to go and give it a proper crack (and its something I only want to do once really, I find it hard to psyche myself up for an hour at full gas) just yet, but hopefully I can improve on my current time :D

As said, Tarmacexpert is a TT'er of the slipperiest variety, I thought his speed was limited to the TT bike, but no, he went and smashed the KOM round the outside path on a battered old mountain bike (his words) too! Hopefully when the weather is agreeable and I don the TT get up I won't be too far away from him.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    okgo wrote:
    As said, Tarmacexpert is a TT'er of the slipperiest variety, I thought his speed was limited to the TT bike, but no, he went and smashed the KOM round the outside path on a battered old mountain bike (his words) too!
    Does he have the initials PW on Strava? That's where my KOM went on the MTB trail.

eta: I should be clear and say that mine wasn't for the whole trail, just a lucky burst on a small section.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    No, I was talking about this loop http://app.strava.com/segments/2988103
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    okgo wrote:
    No, I was talking about this loop http://app.strava.com/segments/2988103
    No, that's not who I lost my little KOM to. Seen that name at the top of a fair few leaderboards though. That is bloody fast for a loop on the path.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Ah, should've known that TarmacExpert = Steve Irwin!
  • bigmat
    I think I beat him in a time trial once - that almost amounts to a claim to fame these days!
  • dhope
    dhope wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    Anyone there this evening?
    Yeah, quite possibly.

Anyone else about?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Anonymous
    Look for the white liptonice skinsuit (red legs) on the blue bike. With tetm. From 6.30 ish.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    I'm game for a couple.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • dhope
    coriordan wrote:
    Look for the white liptonice skinsuit (red legs) on the blue bike. With tetm. From 6.30 ish.
    I'm game for a couple.

Alright, I'll head that way rather than down for the chaingang. Will aim for 6.30ish too.
    Black boardman, castelli 3/4's, blue dhb top.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • cyclingprop
    dhope wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    I'm game for a couple.

Alright, I'll head that way rather than down for the chaingang. Will aim for 6.30ish too.
    Black boardman, castelli 3/4's, blue dhb top.

6.30 is ambitious for me... but i'll try. If not just before 7 (got to walk to other office to pick up bike first!)
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    I'm game for a couple.

Just for you
  • dhope
    tetm wrote:
    I'm game for a couple.

Just for you
    Post that in the bargains thread, Greg66 and ITB could use it
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • cyclingprop
    dhope wrote:
    tetm wrote:
    I'm game for a couple.

Just for you
    Post that in the bargains thread, Greg66 and ITB could use it

I'm glad I thought better than clicking through while connected to the work VPN. Besides, someone inevitable ends up feeling left out.
  • Anonymous
    Thoughts on the skinsuit CP??

Think we saw dhope too on the straight from Broomfield to Roehampton (Black Rapha jacket/Boardman?) but we were chasing someone else down so didn't have the courtesy to stop and say hi.

Not happy with the rain towards the end!