The Crudcatcher Endomondo Distance Challenge Thread

Comments

• El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Stuck up the weekend's riding, including the 64 miles from HONC yesterday. Agree we need to sort out the participation list as we don't really want the greater unwashed joining (and obviously beating my total... :wink: ).
  • Turns out that Peter dude is actually from the roadie forum.

El Cap, you're a machine man!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Roadie forum isn't "crudcatcher". Execute him.
    Well, let's give the choice to el Cap, since he's the righful leader of the CC (and sandbox)
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    He probably doesn't eat bacon or cake either.
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    Even though the challenge is for all forms of cycling, it is a crudcatcher challenge, which is part of the mountain biking part of this forum.

So I'm with Yeehaa, execute the fecker.
  • El Capitano
    El Cap, you're a machine man!

More to do with controlling my diabetes. More riding = less insulin. Didn't take any insulin at all yesterday and blood/sugar levels were still reasonably good considering I was eating cake, Mars bars and energy gels all day.
  • El Capitano
    Roadie forum isn't "crudcatcher". Execute him.
    Well, let's give the choice to el Cap, since he's the righful leader of the CC (and sandbox)

A few thought here:

1. In true Zimbabwe election style, we declare me the ultimate winner of the competition now and everyone’s happy. Well, I would be anyways…

2. We delete/ignore/assassinate (Zimbabwe politics again) Peter and it becomes more of a straight race between the crudites. Obviously less chance of me winning this as Mr Munday is clocking up the miles, but definitely more of a challenge in the spirit of how this was set up.

3. We invite Peter to start posting in the CrudCatcher. He’s already a member of the Forum, so it won’t be that strange to him. Although he may feel uncomfortable joining our merry little band of freaks, what with wearing lycra and shaving his legs. Oh wait…
  • Anonymous
    He's posted less than a dozen times in the crudcatcher. Hmm.
    I just don't get why he's interested in it, apart from a sense of "look at me, a road rider, getting more miles in that these mountain bikers"
    Yeah, cause of course, that's REALLY impressive :roll:
  • El Capitano
    If the challenge was restricted to mountain biking, then I'd only have approximately 100 miles for the month. :shock:

That said, I could always commute on the XTC with slicks... :wink:
  • bramstoker
    bramstoker Posts: 250
    We should only log miles ridden on a wet day on a unicycle, this number could then be divided by the number of bacon rolls consumed and then multiplied by the number of B&H smoked during the day.

I`d still be in with a chance though :)
    A feather is kinky, a whole chicken is just perverse.
  • Anonymous
    If the challenge was restricted to mountain biking, then I'd only have approximately 100 miles for the month. :shock:

I mean, in the spirit of the Crudcatcher. Mostly by mountain bikers, for mountain bikers, without neccesarily having anything to do with mountain biking.
  • El Capitano

I mean, in the spirit of the Crudcatcher. Mostly by mountain bikers, for mountain bikers, without neccesarily having anything to do with mountain biking.

I think I may be able to change the default settings with the Garmin for my off-road workouts to read Mountain Biking. Will have to check later.
  • If the challenge was restricted to mountain biking, then I'd only have approximately 100 miles for the month. :shock:

Lets be honest, if we were REALLY doing it in the spirit of the CC, nobody would ever record any miles, we'd be measuring in bacons and making endless comments about potatoes, Rhyl, sheeps mum, and limes. :lol:

I think we should scupper the mighty ElCap by only permitting mountain biking miles next month mwuhahahaha.
    Commuters will be excluded, then beaten with a large Makrel.
    Roadies will be eaten alive by chipmunks for their sins.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    right... I'm doing this next month.... despite being on holiday for a week and having exams I'm still gonna beat all ya assess!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • El Capitano
    I think we should scupper the mighty ElCap by only permitting mountain biking miles next month mwuhahahaha.
    Commuters will be excluded, then beaten with a large Makrel.
    Roadies will be eaten alive by chipmunks for their sins.

So, and I'm being a bit serious here, how would this work?

I can ride about 1/3 of my commute "off road" on trails, which I could do on the XTC. Would the total miles for the commute count or only the 5-6 off road ones?

Also, would the mackeral be smoked? I like smoked mackeral (I'm not sure who's actually spelt that right you or me or neither).

And chipmunks? CHIPMUNKS! I hope your pleased with yourself now. I've got their stupid voices in my head now. Before long, they'll be telling me to kill someone...
  • joshtp
    I agree... no commute miles... I dont commute.. but I do ride at least like 12 KM off road pretty much every other day, with a few longer ones thrown in...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    An ex girlfriend of mine had two chipmunks. She found out they were both male after one of them arse-raped the other one to death. True story.

Ahem, anyway.

I'm not in favour of making it strict. I commute (sometimes), but mostly along an old railway line, and on my wolf ridge (yesh, I do everything on one bike).

What I am a bit peeved about is a road rider who has very little to do with the crudcatcher deciding "I'm up for that", and doing the entire thing on a road bike.
  • joshtp
    An ex girlfriend of mine had two chipmunks. She found out they were both male after one of them ars*-raped the other one to death. True story.

Ahem, anyway.

I'm not in favour of making it strict. I commute (sometimes), but mostly along an old railway line, and on my wolf ridge (yesh, I do everything on one bike).

What I am a bit peeved about is a road rider who has very little to do with the crudcatcher deciding "I'm up for that", and doing the entire thing on a road bike.

OK, potato... that way I can count the miles I do on the way to my fave ice cream shop.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    edited April 2011
    Nah, I was only kidding. I'm a bit like you in that respect, My new route that I took this morning is about 50/50 on-road/off-road. Besides, miles is miles right?

As it's only a bit of fun, there is no point getting too bogged down with a million and 1 rules, it sucks all the fun out of it.

Yeehaa was spot on when he said "In the spirit of the Crudcatcher". We'll restrict it so it's only cruddys who can enter, and other than that, just keep it at all cycling miles.

Oh, and in light of the fact chipmunks are too irritating (and may or maynot be assrapists), I propose we feed the roadies to donkeys instead.

2510609813_aa79b61d23.jpg
  • joshtp
    :lol::lol:

It's done. In May I will destroy you all. In a good way.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Right, I think I've figured it out.

I've created a new "team"

Currently called Team Crudcatcher, although I'm open to suggestions.

(no, I'm not going to call it Sheepsteeth, or webbo and the sheepstwats)

The team is invite or application only. So we should be able to restrict who is in and who is not. As far as I'm aware, we can then issue team challanges.

Anyone wanting to join should be able to apply through the following link:

http://www.endomondo.com/teams/1349427
  • El Capitano
    Donkeys are cool. :lol:
  • Also, do me a favour if you're going to apply, either post up your name so we know who you are, or PM me if you don't want everyone on here knowing you are called Seddon Narwhale or something.
  • El Capitano
    Right, I think I've figured it out.

The team is invite or application only. So we should be able to restrict who is in and who is not. As far as I'm aware, we can then issue team challanges.

Joined. :D
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    Right, I think I've figured it out.

Schweet, I'll do that. Reading the stuff posted by you fools make my work day bearable.
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    Got an e-mail on my phone being invited to the team, will join up later when I'm home. Team Crudcatcher seems like a decent enough name to me.

I am the same as most of you as regards to miles, probably 50/50 on road/off road. All done on my mountain bike though, seen as thats the only bike I have.

No point making rules, only a bit of fun really, and the team should stop stupid roadies ruining our fun.
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Only just seen this thread. I've actually got endomondo on my phone, but the gps seems to drop out for half of my commute to work and back, which is a shame. MAybe I'll just have to go to work twice a day or something.
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    Get a team Cakestop together and we'll show them roadhogs how its done properly !
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Cferg wrote:
    Get a team Cakestop together and we'll show them roadhogs how its done properly !

No, everytime I visit the road forum I come to the same conclusion, they're a bunch of cnuts (mostly).

Plus if they beat us it will just be depressing.