The Receptionist....

Comments

• Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    A good dinner, a glass of excelent armagnac, Carl Nielsen's The Inextinguishable on the radio and this thread. What a wonderful way to celebrate three years of unemployment :D

Thank you all for the thread of the year (to date). :lol:
    The older I get the faster I was
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Everyone has their own moral compass and expecting others on a forum to entirely agree is a hiding to nothing

Then there's also if no one knows point of view, but anyone with any experience knows the information always finds a way out

So, Hammy got his hole with the office bike got drunk and posted it... good lad.

Morals are a funny thing, I reckon mine went out the window a few months back.

What's wrong with a "Friday night f*ck buddy"? Consenting and all that...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    He may run a flip flop hub, but I'm fixed gear. Front brake only.

So you've not fitted the freewheel at all?

Not running a back brake is a mistake, when it's slippy it's easy to lose control and ram right into the back of something if you are going to fast.

As for the hero of the story and his paramour - I think it's all good - looking forward to tonight's battered installment.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    He may run a flip flop hub, but I'm fixed gear. Front brake only.

So you've not fitted the freewheel at all?

Not running a back brake is a mistake, when it's slippy it's easy to lose control and ram right into the back of something if you are going to fast.

As for the hero of the story and his paramour - I think it's all good - looking forward to tonight's battered installment.

Thats right, no freewheel. The thread where the freewheel could be is slowly gathering road dirt until the weekend clean.

Back brake: Next thing you'll be telling me to wear a helmet, mum.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Not running a back brake is like rolling bare back IMO.
    EKE wrote:
    Next thing you'll be telling me to wear a helmet

You should always wear protection.

Just saying.... and just bringing the thread back on topic.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Greg T
    DonDaddyD wrote:

It depends on your perception of risk.

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    "Never jump out of an aeroplane without a parachute, fortunately I have a couple of spare parachutes in my wallet" 8)

I can' remember the movie, but I always loved that line!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

It depends on your perception of risk.

And I suppose where your riding... the 'red route' or the 'dirt track' demands different types of protection I'm told.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    you can run a fixed without a bake brake no problems, I'd suggest a smaller gear as you will need to leg brake a fair whatck

for a commuter fixed a rear brake is no bad thing. as it tends to be fu<kwit city

lets not derail this thread any further... unless Hammy was doing the receptionist over his lejog bike?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Greg T
    Clever Pun wrote:
    you can run a fixed without a bake brake no problems, I'd suggest a smaller gear as you will need to leg brake a fair whatck

for a commuter fixed a rear brake is no bad thing. as it tends to be fu<kwit city

lets not derail this thread any further... unless Hammy was doing the receptionist over his lejog bike?

You need to get your "funny" bolt torqued up to the correct tolerances . . . .

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Clever Pun wrote:

You need to get your "funny" bolt torqued up to the correct tolerances . . . .

it's my bearings they're shot, it's flapping around like a wizards sleeve... there will be unexpected leakages
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    But that's because it has a anesthetic cream in the tip that melts on impact .

It's a bit sad when a bloke needs to resort to using anaesthetic to get a shag. And possibly a bit illegal though I'm no expert.

I'm not casintg aspertions on your interpersonal skills personally DDD, just you happened to mention it.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Depends what you're aiming for....
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    But that's because it has a anesthetic cream in the tip that melts on impact .

It's a bit sad when a bloke needs to resort to using anaesthetic to get a shag. And possibly a bit illegal though I'm no expert.

I'm not casintg aspertions on your interpersonal skills personally DDD, just you happened to mention it.

Actually its a 'connie' made by Durex. It's actually called 'Performa'.

I only know them because a house mate gave me one as I had run out of featherlite (the nations favourite).

To be honest with you these brand names could easily be co-opted into bike tyres i.e. Performer and Featherlite road bike tyres. Ribbed for Cyclocross. Roughrider and Blitzkrieg for MTB. Extra Safe for nodders and hybrids.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg T
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I only know them because a house mate gave me one

Gnurrrk Gnurrrk Fnarrrr Fnarrrr

• Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    brand names could easily be co-opted into bike tyres i.e.

in many ways cycling and getting jiggy have much in common

The Bike (Many an office woman as proved by this thread

The Rubber tires to condems in a single swoop

no on to the Lube - I mean i prefer dry lube, but many like the less viscus wet lube!
  • DonDaddyD
    edited March 2011
    no on to the Lube - I mean i prefer dry lube, but many like the less viscus wet lube!

I have always thought that dry lube is akin to an oxymoron.
    Food Chain number = 4

• fenboy369
    fenboy369 Posts: 425
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Lastly back on Morals

Has anyone considered how big the Husband is (or how psycho the husband is. Remember Raul Moat) and how much of a butt kicking he'd likely dish out if and when he finds out.

I mean this, self preservation, may be the deciding factor before any morals are even questioned....

Having been 'in bed' with the GF when her 'husband'* decided to come and inspect 'his house' at 2.30am, I can confirm that this should be No.1 priority! Fortunately he shat his pants when I got out of 'his bed' to have a word about his conduct. I went down stairs and offered him a cup of tea, he didnt know what to do. :shock: The police arrived shortly after and got him to leave. I then boshed his 'wife' twice more before sunrise. :wink: Hehehe!

* They have been seperated over two years, but are not yet divorced.
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    edited April 2016
    fenboy369 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Lastly back on Morals

Has anyone considered how big the Husband is (or how psycho the husband is. Remember Raul Moat) and how much of a butt kicking he'd likely dish out if and when he finds out.

I mean this, self preservation, may be the deciding factor before any morals are even questioned....

Having been 'in bed' with the GF when her 'husband'* decided to come and inspect 'his house' at 2.30am, I can confirm that this should be No.1 priority! Fortunately he shat his pants when I got out of 'his bed' to have a word about his conduct. I went down stairs and offered him a cup of tea, he didnt know what to do. :shock: The police arrived shortly after and got him to leave. I then boshed his 'wife' twice more before sunrise. :wink: Hehehe!

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    [Actually its a 'connie' made by Durex. It's actually called 'Performa'.

What you mean gentlemen no longer use ram's horns and intestines. Verily, say it isn't so. Yeah, I think I got that bit.

To be honest with you these brand names could easily be co-opted into bike tyres i.e. Performer and Featherlite road bike tyres. Ribbed for Cyclocross. Roughrider and Blitzkrieg for MTB. Extra Safe for nodders and hybrids.

I should imagine Gatorskins would make one's eyes water.
  • DonDaddyD
    fenboy369 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Lastly back on Morals

<< Through squinted eye >>

So you were in this guys house shagging his wife, who is/was also your girlfriend?

He comes home at 2.30am. Why so late and why did he come round to inspect his house? Was he living there at the time?

What conduct did you discuss with him?

Why did he have to leave his property?

Sounds like he was a beta to me?
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    [Actually its a 'connie' made by Durex. It's actually called 'Performa'.

What you mean gentlemen no longer use ram's horns and intestines. Verily, say it isn't so. Yeah, I think I got that bit.

I should imagine Gatorskins would make one's eyes water.

My personal faves are

Ultremo, Durano and Attack/Force!

"Honey, this side is called attack and this, this side is called, FORCE!"
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    (I reckon the Bikeradar Powers that Be are sure regreting ever making Commuting Chat....lol)

On the contrary, this thread is livening up a rainy Friday lunchtime!
    John Stevenson
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    (I reckon the Bikeradar Powers that Be are sure regreting ever making Commuting Chat....lol)

Wow, a higher being. This must be what it was like when all those disciples broke bread with Jesus... so anything to contribute?

An inclusion in Cycling Plus - article on the connotations between cycling and sex and the whole new flirting/dating/hooking up scene that is emerging at traffic lights across London... maybe?
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg T
    kaiser83 wrote:
    The Rubber tires to condems in a single swoop!

Paging Dr Freud . . . .

Condemns?

• TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    I don't think a Raoul Moat type husband would be a problem should he catch you with his missus, didn't he only beat up little girls?
    "Coming through..."
  • SimonAH
    In my experience once one's lower brain takes over the thinking (often helped by one or two drinks) then morality, safety and consequences are pushed way to the back.

When the heat-seeking-moisture-missile gets it's engines lit all you can do is watch it go!

(and before anyone brings it up, consenting folks, consenting)

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Wow, a higher being. This must be what it was like when all those disciples broke bread with Jesus... so anything to contribute?

An inclusion in Cycling Plus - article on the connotations between cycling and sex and the whole new flirting/dating/hooking up scene that is emerging at traffic lights across London... maybe?

From some of the bragging about prowess here, the article has to be 'How cycling makes you a sex god/dess'

But we all knew that already, right? ;)
    John Stevenson
  • SimonAH
    But it does doesn't it? You can crack rocks on my butt and it can move like a wasp's wing.

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Already been done - check out this month's edition